Fee to see Show

Thanks. :) That explains things. I was sure there was a charge for the Sterling Steakhouse from our first Princess cruise.

Here is some more info from 2005 discussing why they changed it up.

http://www.cruisecritic.com.au/news/news.cfm?ID=1324

Sterlings, was never an alternative restaurant, it was one of the Four Anytime, so it was not available to Traditional diners.......although now they let anyone into Anytime but we won't go there;)

I never got to experience the smaller menus in those restaurants, but our first cruise on Diamond they still had one specialty dish at each of the restaurants then by 2015 on Sapphire they had done away with those to. They just serve the MDR menu.......but I really love those small dining rooms each has a different decore, Mexican, Italian, Asian and Brittish, love it!!!

-our first cruise on Diamond they still had one specialty dish at each of the restaurants then by 2015 on Sapphire they had done away with those to. They just serve the MDR menu.......but I really love those small dining rooms each has a different decore, Mexican, Italian, Asian and Brittish, love it!!!

Our first cruise on the diamond (2012) was the same, went to the four differing restaurants to try the specialty dishes.

The Sapphire/Diamond have 4 separate anytime dining restaurants, Savoy, Pacific Moon, Santa Fe and Vivaldi. They had individual menus that served different cuisine. The Savoy was called Sterlings.

So yes, even more alike with RCL. They also used 4 dining rooms with different themes to serve as the MDR choices. Though RCL diverged a bit with the menu approach.

So yes, even more alike with RCL. They also used 4 dining rooms with different themes to serve as the MDR choices. Though RCL diverged a bit with the menu approach.

Thanks BigM, I dont know much about RCL and their past dining. We choose Anytime/Mytime and it has been in the MDR on Royal.

Interesting that they try these things then realise that it is not working for various reasons.

At the Princess grill (no charge) we like the pies & chips or the kebabs. They do a great kebab.:) However, their burgers at the grill are woeful. They have a bun, a meat patty, a slice of tomato, a bit of lettuce and some onion. Sauce is available. We only tried them once.:(

The 'American Princess' ships also have chicken breasts to bbq, plus good continental franks. But still nicht beetroot !!!;)

• 2 weeks later...