Confiscated FAN

KruzPrincess

We were on the Carnival Miracle a couple weeks ago. My friend always brings a small 6" fan on every cruise she goes on. It's never been a problem. This time, they confiscated her fan. They let her keep her hot rollers and curling iron. She called to complain because she needs the fan for medical reasons. They offered to bring a fan to our cabin and she accepted the offer. The fan they brought was much larger and noisier, but we got used to it. On disembarkation morning, she had to go to claim her fan. The table was lined with hair dryers and a few fans. One confiscated fan was the exact same one that Carnival gave us to use in the cabin. She told them that she always brings a fan and has never had a problem. They told her that the other ships weren't following the rules. Her past two cruises were on Carnival ships. This is just an FYI in case anyone is interested.

She told them that she always brings a fan and has never had a problem. They told her that the other ships weren't following the rules.

The folks that told you this were wrong.

• Electrical devices such as fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords (without surge protectors) are allowed on board when used with proper caution. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

if they saw something wrong with your fan, thats one thing... but the general statement that fans are not allowed is inaccurate

The folks that told you this were wrong.

• Electrical devices such as fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords (without surge protectors) are allowed on board when used with proper caution. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

if they saw something wrong with your fan, thats one thing... but the general statement that fans are not allowed is inaccurate

[/Thank you for posting this......I was searching for it too....

We always bring a 6" fan with and have never had problems and did remember reading that it was "allowed"!!! Phew!!!!FONT]

We have never taken a fan, but in January while waiting to board the Breeze in Galveston, I saw a couple carrying a 20-24" box fan into the waiting area. They had made it through security and were allowed to board with it. I guess it depends on the port security and the ship...?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have never taken a fan, but in January while waiting to board the Breeze in Galveston, I saw a couple carrying a 20-24" box fan into the waiting area. They had made it through security and were allowed to board with it. I guess it depends on the port security and the ship...?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I used to have a suitcase big enough to hold my fan and we certainly brought it with us when we did - the suitcase has since broke and I have NEVER been able to find one as big as the one I used to have - the one I have is pretty big but still not big enough to put a full size fan in

We're bringing two small desk fans and I've also printed out the Carnival rules that show it IS allowed. On our last cruise, someone at the Purser's desk told me we weren't allowed to have a fan. I quickly pulled out the copy of THEIR rules/exceptions, on THEIR webpage and they allowed me to keep my fans :)

[/Thank you for posting this......I was searching for it too....

We always bring a 6" fan with and have never had problems and did remember reading that it was "allowed"!!! Phew!!!!FONT]

Yep, I ALWAYS print this out and have it with me in case someone tries to tell me that I can't have my fan :)

We were on the Carnival Miracle a couple weeks ago. My friend always brings a small 6" fan on every cruise she goes on. It's never been a problem. This time, they confiscated her fan. They let her keep her hot rollers and curling iron. She called to complain because she needs the fan for medical reasons. They offered to bring a fan to our cabin and she accepted the offer. The fan they brought was much larger and noisier, but we got used to it. On disembarkation morning, she had to go to claim her fan. The table was lined with hair dryers and a few fans. One confiscated fan was the exact same one that Carnival gave us to use in the cabin. She told them that she always brings a fan and has never had a problem. They told her that the other ships weren't following the rules. Her past two cruises were on Carnival ships. This is just an FYI in case anyone is interested.

Thanks for the heads up not to sail on Miracle. I've cruised on Carnival with my fan for years and never had a problem. The cruise they confiscate my fan will be my last Carnival cruise since their cabins are always too warm for me.

what is the name of the fan, did you find it on amazon?

most of the usb fans i found are weak

No idea the brand. My first one I found on the Target clearance rack. Marketed for dorms, all metal. My second one came from the fair, he was demo-ing them.

I find both strong, especially when pointed in my direction. But these 4" fans won't produce the same air movement as a larger fan.

Many cruises ago, they confiscated my BATTERY operated fan. Fought with Security and Purser....ended up with a loaner. When getting it returned on last night, security couldn't figure out why it had been confiscated.