"Smart Casual" dress code in the MDR.

From Celebrity Website:

What is the onboard dress code?

Formal Night gets a modern luxury reboot. Say goodbye to Formal Night, and hello to Evening Chic. It’s your time to shine—your way. Get glamorous. Get chic. Be sophisticated. Now, on up to two nights on every cruise, Evening Chic activities have been introduced, and Evening Chic attire has replaced Formal attire. While dressier than Smart Casual, Evening Chic is intended to be less dressy than Formal attire.

Women should feel comfortable wearing:

• • A cocktail dress
  • • Skirt, pants or designer jeans with an elegant top

Men should feel comfortable wearing:

• • Pants or designer jeans with a dress shirt, button-down shirt or sweater
  • • Optional sport coat or blazer

Evening Chic means that you can get glamorous and be sophisticated in your own way. If you would like to still wear a tuxedo or formal gown on Evening Chic nights, you absolutely should.

All cruises that are 7 nights or longer will feature two Evening Chic nights. Any cruise 6-nights or shorter will feature one Evening Chic night. All other nights of the cruise will feature Smart Casual attire. Celebrity Xpedition will continue to feature casual attire for the entire cruise.

Smart Casual attire can be enjoyed every other night of your cruise.

Women should feel comfortable wearing:

• • Skirt, pants or jeans with a casual top

Men should feel comfortable wearing:

• • Pants or jeans with a sport shirt that has sleeves

Note: T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurant or specialty restaurant at any time. Shorts and flip-flops are not allowed in the evening hours. The dress code will be enforced at all restaurants. And guests are asked to follow the Smart Casual or Evening Chic dress code in the Celebrity Theater for all evening performances. The daily program, delivered to your stateroom and available at the Guest Relations Desk, will be your guide to the correct attire each evening.

So a either a Polo shirt or dress shirt will be OK along with my jeans. Sounds like they're very accommodating.:cool:

Personally, I'd like to see long sleeves mandatory for women who don't have the "guns" to carry off sleeveless.

Flame away, but you probably think the same thing.:evilsmile:

No Flame here.

I'd like everyone on my ship to dress the way I want them too! Doesn't matter that they have absolutely no idea what I want or they don't realize that any ship I'm on automatically becomes my ship and therefore they must follow my rules. To heck with the cruise line's guidelines, it's my rules that count! Not only must other cruisers wear what I want them to wear they must clear the hallways when I approach, vacate loungers when I descend to the Lido deck, and for my sake stop crowding around the bars. All those bartenders will get to you after they serve me my drinks!

See, no Flame. :D

(Warning; the above may contain trace amounts of sarcasm. ;) )

Men CAN wear short sleeved shirts. I have never seen the words "long sleeved" shirts on a "daily". Glancing at a few old ones I have here in my office, they all say the same thing..."sport shirt that has sleeves". And remember to wear pants with LEGS.

As stated, the guidelines are trying to force men out of their sleeveless/tank shirts and shorts at dinner and into something more "cleaned up" in the restaurants. Altho feel free in the buffet.

Men CAN wear short sleeved shirts. I have never seen the words "long sleeved" shirts on a "daily". Glancing at a few old ones I have here in my office, they all say the same thing..."sport shirt that has sleeves". And remember to wear pants with LEGS.

As stated, the guidelines are trying to force men out of their sleeveless/tank shirts and shorts at dinner and into something more "cleaned up" in the restaurants. Altho feel free in the buffet.

I've seen pax in sleeveless shirts & wife beater t's get barred from the buffet at night.

No Flame here.

I'd like everyone on my ship to dress the way I want them too! Doesn't matter that they have absolutely no idea what I want or they don't realize that any ship I'm on automatically becomes my ship and therefore they must follow my rules. To heck with the cruise line's guidelines, it's my rules that count! Not only must other cruisers wear what I want them to wear they must clear the hallways when I approach, vacate loungers when I descend to the Lido deck, and for my sake stop crowding around the bars. All those bartenders will get to you after they serve me my drinks!

See, no Flame. :D

(Warning; the above may contain trace amounts of sarcasm. ;) )

Love it, DirtyDawg. Let's add "No Speedos" and "No Butting In Lines" to the list and we'd have the perfect cruise. :evilsmile:

(More Sarcasm)

Post #27 of the Thread started by member nekzaadvakil..."Photo Review Celebrity Reflection - 29th May - 11 Night Western Med Cruise" It has a pic of the Celebrity Today BBL
Thanks love your handle by the way.

For others interested here is the picture, I may take one long sleeved shirt but will only wear it if I have to.

EC07D426-6771-4058-9D82-79D0F12D3987_zpsamycxdbb.jpg

First of all I want to start by saying, if Celebrity ever enforced the dress code they would still have formal nights and not come as you are evening chic night. On all of my Caribbean cruises since 1986 I have always worn short sleeve polo or camp shirts in the MDR on smart casual nights. If this is something new that they are trying to enforce the MDR will be ladies night each evening.

Is a hockey jersey acceptable as a long sleeve sports shirt?

Edited by Iamcruzin

OP just make sure the golf shirt is indeed nice. On X this means a designer golf shirt, like a Lacoste, or a Ralph. I personally like Greg's stuff. He will be snickered at if he wears a nice Kirkland golf shirt, well maybe not on the ship, but on this board he surely will.:)

I get the Greg stuff on clearance at Macy's. I have purchased a few that were marked down to $13 plus an extra 20% off coupon. It's cheaper than Kirkland. Will I be shunned?:D I guess it's a good thing that I have the long sleeve Greg Polo shirts too.

First of all I want to start by saying, if Celebrity ever enforced the dress code they would still have formal nights and not come as you are evening chic night. On all of my Caribbean cruises since 1986 I have always worn short sleeve polo or camp shirts in the MDR on smart casual nights. If this is something new that they are trying to enforce the MDR will be ladies night each evening.

Well I haven't seen a hockey jersey with a collar but I recall when some clothing stores carried some god awful looking rugby jerseys with a collar.

Well I haven't seen a hockey jersey with a collar but I recall when some clothing stores carried some god awful looking rugby jerseys with a collar.

It will have a collar when I'm wearing my short sleeve polo shirt underneath it. LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Only if hockey jersey is team that just won the Stanley Cup :)!

I wonder how many thousand of posts have been on the CC site about what to wear on Formal/Chic/Gala nights, etc, etc, etc.

No matter what the rules are, it doesn't matter if not enforced. On a recent Equinox cruise, two gentleman were not allowed in the MDR on Chic night wearing tee shirts while two gentlemen seated next to us wore flip flops every night in the MDR.

Personally, I'd like to see long sleeves mandatory for women who don't have the "guns" to carry off sleeveless.

Flame away, but you probably think the same thing.:evilsmile:

Personally I'd like to see misogynistic men shut their mouths, rather than advertise their ignorance.

Wear what you know looks good on you and you and your family will enjoy.

On the first night I wore a cocktail dress. On the second night I wore a silk georgette blouse with black dressy jeans and strappy small heel. Neither were out of place.

My sons wore dinner jackets and chinos with button down first night and dark jeans with sweaters and collared shirt second night. Neither were out of place.

My husband wore a sports coat with dress pants the first night and repeated the sports coat with jeans the second night. I liked his jacket better with jeans.

In the future would likely skip the cocktail dress/suits and just bring the dressy jeans with nice tops/shirts/sweaters. It would've saved me a suitcase to lug.

Wear what you know looks good on you and you and your family will enjoy.

On the first night I wore a cocktail dress. On the second night I wore a silk georgette blouse with black dressy jeans and strappy small heel. Neither were out of place.

I don't think I can pull off the georgette blouse but maybe this is an option.

0afc00443e73350f62b3f29b66b29f8c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums