Junior Suite Freedom of the Seas

Can anyone tell me the difference, other than price, of the J3 and J4 junior suites on Freedom of the Seas? I am looking at booking my first cruise with RCI (4 previous cruises with Carnival) and plan on booking a junior suite, but trying to decide if J3 is worth the higher fare. Thanks in advance for your replies. Looking forward to trying our RCI!

Pat

There is no difference between the two other than location and passenger occupancy capacity, which may translate to differences in pricing. The aft facing JS's will have a larger balcony. This is part of the category designation changes being put into effect by RCI and it would appear as though the J3 has a sofa bed and is also used as the accessible stateroom designation.

There is no difference between the two other than location and passenger occupancy capacity, which may translate to differences in pricing. The aft facing JS's will have a larger balcony. This is part of the category designation changes being put into effect by RCI and it would appear as though the J3 has a sofa bed and is also used as the accessible stateroom designation.

The aft facing junior suites have semi obstructed views due to the ships design.

• 2 months later...
If it is a paid upgrade, yes. If it is a free upgrade, no.

Thanks very much for the quick response. The free upgrade fairy just emailed ....first time ever and first time in a JS🤗🌈. Doing 10 night Med cruise with a friend and will be great for we 2 gals to have an extra large closet lol!

Thanks very much for the quick response. The free upgrade fairy just emailed ....first time ever and first time in a JS🤗🌈. Doing 10 night Med cruise with a friend and will be great for we 2 gals to have an extra large closet lol!

Best thing for us was the bath and larger balcony.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I hate that thing. First thing I did is find a place to hide it. [emoji6]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

The coffee maker was not to our taste but we used the kettle several times a day to make tea and hot chocolate and i bring my own coffee bags we can buy in England which makes super coffee.

The tea bags and hot chocolate satchets you can get from the windjammer and in our case the DL and CL.

We have also been upgraded on same cruise!!! Will bring my own tea bags. Will keep milk in fridge.Paid for JS on Inde in June so nice wee surprise to get this! Sue know you will be on lots of trips but if you feel like chilling out nice big balcony! as well!

Margaret

We have also been upgraded on same cruise!!! Will bring my own tea bags. Will keep milk in fridge.Paid for JS on Inde in June so nice wee surprise to get this! Sue know you will be on lots of trips but if you feel like chilling out nice big balcony! as well!

Margaret

There is a good selection of tea bags,eg Earl Grey, English Breakfast,lemon, peppermint etc and you can get chocolate satchets but no coffee except from outlets on board so i bring the coffee bags out of Morrisons or M&S.

Hope you have a great time.

JS3 and JS4 are the same size cabin - only difference is the odd number signifies the cabin is for 3 or more people and the even number cabins hold only 2 people. In most cases if you only have 2 people you won't be able to book a JS3, they will be reserved for 3 people or more.

Carla

Margaret

Can't wait!:hearteyes: