Princess Sip and Sail

evikritt

It will be interesting to see, once people actually start cruising with the promotion, how strict they are about the limit

We bought our pkg for our Nov 5 night as the price has skyrocketed, so even with the SipnSail it would not be worth paying the extra for the cruise itself

For out Dec 2018 cruise, no increase to our cruise fare and had the SipnSail added. So a great deal!

I'm curious as well. There would be a point where it may be better to just pay for the AIBP instead.

I'm curious to know whether or not the limit is just on the sip and sail promotions for if they are doing it across the board for the AIBP.

I'm curious to know whether or not the limit is just on the sip and sail promotions for if they are doing it across the board for the AIBP.

They are not. On my one I bought for Nov, when you look at the description, it does not say anything about a limit. But when you look at the terms/conditions for the SipnSail, it does say there is a limit.

So from what I can tell, if you pay for the pkg, no limit, if you are getting the SipnSail, then they are saying there is a limit.

In my small print from the three day sale which included AIBP, it's 12.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The 3 day sale you mention was not the Sip N Sail Promotion - it was from specific TA's.

I would not bank on that being the limit - in fact some of the fine print I have seen today says "Alcoholic drinks MAY be limited". I think Princess wants to give themselves some options specially on Spring Break cruises

It's total drinks, not just alcoholic.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not true according to Princess' fine print. The limit is on alcoholic drinks only. Here's an excerpt (bold and italics added for your convenience):

Free All-Inclusive Beverage Package applies to guests booked in a balcony stateroom or above, valid only for guests 1 & 2 per stateroom who are 21 years or older. The All-Inclusive Beverage Package price is $57.45 (US Dollars) per guest, per day and includes beer, cocktails, spirits and glasses of wine up to $10, all non-alcoholic beverages including bottled water, coffee, tea, and espresso specialty drinks, with a pre-paid 15% gratuity included for these items. The package includes the additional benefit of a 40% discount on bottles of wine under $100 (gratuity not included on wine bottles). A daily limit on alcoholic beverages will apply. Guests 1 & 2 who are under 21 will receive the Unlimited Soda & More Package.

Not true according to Princess' fine print. The limit is on alcoholic drinks only. Here's an excerpt (bold and italics added for your convenience):

Free All-Inclusive Beverage Package applies to guests booked in a balcony stateroom or above, valid only for guests 1 & 2 per stateroom who are 21 years or older. The All-Inclusive Beverage Package price is $57.45 (US Dollars) per guest, per day and includes beer, cocktails, spirits and glasses of wine up to $10, all non-alcoholic beverages including bottled water, coffee, tea, and espresso specialty drinks, with a pre-paid 15% gratuity included for these items. The package includes the additional benefit of a 40% discount on bottles of wine under $100 (gratuity not included on wine bottles). A daily limit on alcoholic beverages will apply. Guests 1 & 2 who are under 21 will receive the Unlimited Soda & More Package.

Per above the daily limit is on ALCOHOLIC beverages only.

That's what it says on the general promo info.

When we booked this morning for 14 days January 2019 and read the AIBP note on our booking, it said ... "a daily limit on Alcoholic beverages MAY apply".

Whatever, it's a good deal for us. :)

I think the limit was instituted to eliminate sharing.

12 alcoholic drinks a day is very reasonable!!!

Agreed! There is no way I could drink 12 cocktails in a day if I want to keep my liver! LOL! As long as they don't limit my coffee drinks! It's nice to just order what I want without keeping a tab in my head to avoid sticker shock at the end of the cruise.

Okay. I was getting lots of wrong answers so I called Princess.

The only restriction with the all inclusive drink card is that you can only order 1 alcohol beverage at a time.

Otherwise no restrictions

The 3 day sale you mention was not the Sip N Sail Promotion - it was from specific TA's.

I would not bank on that being the limit - in fact some of the fine print I have seen today says "Alcoholic drinks MAY be limited". I think Princess wants to give themselves some options specially on Spring Break cruises

Exactly, I think it will be very liberal, depending on who you deal with on the ship

One of our future bookings is under the RW&B sale. A mock booking for that cruise today only shows RW&B, no S&S.

The RW&B sale is for Fall 2017 through Spring 2018. Sip & Sail is for Summer 2018 through Spring 2019. They don't overlap.

I just got an e-mail from Princess that as of September 2018 there will be a limit of 15 alcoholic drinks in a 24 hour period.

That is more than generous. It seems there is a lot of different thoughts on this. We just added the Sip and Sail to one of our bookings. We aren't big drinkers but it would be nice to know for sure what the terms are. I think Princess really should have put what the limit is in their terms and conditions. I misstep by Princess in my opinion.

We sailing on the Regal in November and today I talked with my travel agent. I was asking about the drink package, so she called Princess to get the lowdown. As of September 1, 2017 the drink package price is going up but I don't know how much. It will include beverages up to $12.00 and that price includes the gratuity. There will also be a limit of 15 drinks in a 24 hour period. If your drink is more than $12.00, you will have to pay the full price, not the difference between the drink price and the drink package price.

I was advised to purchase the drink package before September 1 at the old rate. This is all I know and I hope it is accurate. If anyone know something different, I hope you will post it.

I just got an e-mail from Princess that as of September 2018 there will be a limit of 15 alcoholic drinks in a 24 hour period.

We sailing on the Regal in November and today I talked with my travel agent. I was asking about the drink package, so she called Princess to get the lowdown. As of September 1, 2017 the drink package price is going up but I don't know how much. It will include beverages up to $12.00 and that price includes the gratuity. There will also be a limit of 15 drinks in a 24 hour period. If your drink is more than $12.00, you will have to pay the full price, not the difference between the drink price and the drink package price.

I was advised to purchase the drink package before September 1 at the old rate. This is all I know and I hope it is accurate. If anyone know something different, I hope you will post it.

Why can't princess just clearly spell out when the limit starts and how the limit works. People need to be able to make an informed decision about how a major piece of this promotion is going to work.

There are also people that booked under last years Sip n Sail promotion when it was unlimited but that is now unclear as well.

I haven't even set foot on the ship and won't for another 8 months but this is not leaving me with a good impression of Princess's marketing team and their ability to clearly articulate what their promotions include.