Australian Visa

karlsselindh

We're booked on a Solstice Aus/NZ cruise. I know a visa for Australia is required for US citizens, and it's possible to get an electronic version online--which is called ETA for electronic travel authority.

Someone on our roll call mentioned getting their visa on the "easy ETA" website, where it costs $9.95 USD. But upon checking that site, several others popped up, costing anywhere from $39 to $64 USD. Are they all legitimate? Why the difference in price? Has anyone had any experiences or problems getting an ETA?

Thanks....

We got ours thru the Australia government site for ETA visa. Charge is $20 AUD which is $15 USD. Go to eta.immi.gov.au-secure site and it is very easy. Enjoy your trip-we have been twice and will probably go back again.

We have been required to purchase the Australian E-visa for three prior cruises, and are scheduled for another Australian B2B set of cruises in 2018. We have always used the official Australian E-visa website (referenced by jelanyne) with no problems, and will use that website again for our upcoming March 2018 pair of cruises.

Been doing the Solstice b2b run form Sydney to Vancouver for 4 years. Always go with the EASY ETA for 9.95 and never had a problem.

At immigration on arriving , they seen more interested in your length of stay and how your leaving the country.

We used EASY ETA too. Took about 5 minutes per person because I am not the fastest typist. I like the idea of saving money so it was good. They really do charge $9.95 per person and you have your visa within minutes of filing your application with them. I honestly don't get why others go the the official government site and pay twice as much.