CHEERS Package and how to maximize it

DNA2017

I am preparing for my first cruise and after much debate have decided to get the CHEERS program. I was concerned about not getting my moneys worth but I have developed a plan to maximize the CHEERS drink package. Both my wife and I will be sailing on a 7 day cruise and purchasing the CHEERS plan. I am guessing we will consume between 6-9 alcoholic drinks per day, logic being 2-3 during day, 2-3 before/during dinner, 2-3 during evening fun. Since we get up to 15 alcoholic drinks per day, I plan to periodically throughout the day/night order a single of premium alcohol ( Hennessey VSOP is $12, Patron Silver is $18, Grey Goose VX is $25). Once I get the single serving, pour it into a container/water bottle etc, wait the mandatory 5 minutes and repeat until you hit the 15 drinks limit. You can either stock it and take it home at end of cruise or you can take the water bottle on shore excursions and order cheap virgin drinks onshore and spike it to your liking with premium pours. Thoughts/flaws?

LOL....what?

It really isn't hard to get 'your monies worth'. Grab a morning latte, a bottle of water, a Poweraide, maybe a milkshake during the day and you are 4 liquor drinks away from not losing a dime.

I will never understand why anyone thinks they need to get to $15 to make it worth it. All it takes is simple math.

Edited by ray98

That's too much work for me. I'm not that die hard of a drinker to want to resort to that. Even when I had Cheers, I think I almost broke even, maybe I did. I sure as heck wasn't worried about getting to 15 drinks in a day by hook or by crook. I cruise to relax, not have to worry about having a secret stash. LOL.

You are over thinking it. I commend your efforts, but really I don't think it takes all of that.

I've only gotten cheers once and enjoyed having it. The ability to try new things and get as much as I wanted to drink made it "worth it" to me. I never drank more than 7 drinks any day I had it. And by day 5, I started to slow down. I don't drink wine very much or beer at all, so days of constant mixed drinks plus all the food and sun, I couldn't keep going. So my drinking slowed down a bit. Still, it was worth it to me.

If you want the package, just get it. You've left out some good stuff it includes such as regular or spiked coffees and shakes, etc. Why preoccupy your vacation making sure you follow that schedule you came up with, which includes stashing liquor in an empty water bottle. Ain't nobody got time for that.;p

I am preparing for my first cruise and after much debate have decided to get the CHEERS program. I was concerned about not getting my moneys worth but I have developed a plan to maximize the CHEERS drink package. Both my wife and I will be sailing on a 7 day cruise and purchasing the CHEERS plan. I am guessing we will consume between 6-9 alcoholic drinks per day, logic being 2-3 during day, 2-3 before/during dinner, 2-3 during evening fun. Since we get up to 15 alcoholic drinks per day, I plan to periodically throughout the day/night order a single of premium alcohol ( Hennessey VSOP is $12, Patron Silver is $18, Grey Goose VX is $25). Once I get the single serving, pour it into a container/water bottle etc, wait the mandatory 5 minutes and repeat until you hit the 15 drinks limit. You can either stock it and take it home at end of cruise or you can take the water bottle on shore excursions and order cheap virgin drinks onshore and spike it to your liking with premium pours. Thoughts/flaws?
That's a lot of work and I'd never spend that much time and effort. You want to go to the bar 15 times to fill up a water bottle with premium spirits? If you want to get your monies worth use Cheers for coffee, milkshakes, and stock up your fridge with Poweraides for warm weather shore excursions. Why would you pay $450 a person for cheers to possibly end up taking it home at an inflated price? Silly ......

If you're going to drink 6-9 mixed drinks, you're going to get your moneys worth. Enjoy yourself. Have some specialty coffees, milkshakes, sports drinks, bottled water. There's no need to try to get 15 drinks a day. I've gotten way more than what I paid out of the package each time and I've never had 15 alcoholic drinks. I think I hit 14 once.

You could also smuggle lobster down your pants to take out of the MDR on Elegant night then you can take your premium booze that you smuggle off the ship and have a snack to go with it. Hey since you paid for it, you may want to take of advantage of the lobsters too.

I heard 30+boxes of cereal from the lido is a easy way to maximize too. Take it home to feed the youngens for weeks. Ask the gal who did that for real, how much of a deal that was.

Edited by PattBenatar

OP let's simplify things.

Breakfast 2 Mimosa's / Bloody Mary's/ Bailey's with Coffee

Afternoon 3- 4 drinks

Pre-dinner 2 Martini's or 2 Achlemy Bar Coctails

Dinner 2 Drinks/ Glasses of wine

Evening 2-3 Cocktails while watching shows/walking around

That's approx 11 drinks over a 12 hour period. It can easily be done without much effort.

Bingo you have your monies worth.

Ok, I am 99% sure this has to be a joke. We just got back from Alaska on the Legend a couple weeks ago and had Cheers and I feel it was worth it even though we were in a port intensive cruise that usually started at 7am.

My day usually went like this..

2 coffee drinks

1 can of rock star

1 vitamin water

1 pre- dinner Alchemy drink

2 nice glasses of wine or Grey Goose and Perrier with dinner

2 after dinner drinks at Alchemy Bar or Goose and Perrier at Piano bar

several bottles of water throughout the day and a big bottle of water in the MDR that we usually brought back up to room

I probably only averaged 4-5 alcoholic drinks a day (my husband maybe 6-8) and we feel it was worth it. No need to be complete gluttons.

Afternoon 3- 4 drinks

That's approx 11 drinks over a 12 hour period. It can easily be done without much effort.

This is still following a schedule. Do you actually count how much you order at each time period? People always show these examples. I just drink and not always ways alcohol. Curious if you really keep a daily schedule.

Afternoon 3- 4 drinks

With this fool proof formula you can take that alcohol home as belly fat instead of lugging it in cheap containers :D!

Afternoon 3- 4 drinks

This. It's not hard at all to "get your money's worth" with Cheers and never even approach being drunk. The package price is more than reasonable, in my opinion. No need to try to stockpile liquor.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You could also smuggle lobster down your pants to take out of the MDR on Elegant night then you can take your premium booze that you smuggle off the ship and have a snack to go with it. Hey since you paid for it, you may want to take of advantage of the lobsters too.

I heard 30+boxes of cereal from the lido is a easy way to maximize too. Take it home to feed the youngens for weeks. Ask the gal who did that for real, how much of a deal that was.

Lol!![emoji23][emoji23] Which reminds me, I noticed on the Legend there is no longer milk cartons available or boxes of cereal. They are now in glass canisters. Thanks a lot, pant smugglers!!

This. It's not hard at all to "get your money's worth" with Cheers and never even approach being drunk. The package price is more than reasonable, in my opinion. No need to try to stockpile liquor.

Thanks!

Someone who "gets" it.

This is still following a schedule. Do you actually count how much you order at each time period? People always show these examples. I just drink and not always ways alcohol. Curious if you really keep a daily schedule.

It's an example NOT a schedule. With that being said it's pretty much a typical day.

And yes I just drink! Some people need to be shown how it CAN work to justify it.

OK, I will bite...:confused: I have never used Cheers, but I am on my next cruise. I have thought long and hard about justifying the cost, and concluded it is worth a try, even with my wife who is a "less frequent drinker" than me.

Your plan, though clever may have a few holes in it.

1. Stocking on premium pours might make some sense if you want stronger drinks, but there is a smarter way. Maybe get some Goose, and then later on, you want a stronger cocktail. Order the cocktail and then pour the extra Goose in. It sounds like a lot of work/planning. You would be better off ordering the Goose, then 5 minutes later ordering the cocktail and mixing then and there.
  2. Stocking to take the excess home sounds like a "not so good" idea. I am sure there are ship policies, there are probably open container laws that might come into play during your drive (or even worse flight) home. Similar issues would be true in the ports as well, where the laws for importing might be very different than US laws. And on that note...
  3. I would be most worried about customs. Essentially, you would be importing liquor, without paying tax or duty or whatever. Depending on how much you brought in, that may or not be a problem. The fact that it would be in unsealed non-standard containers (water bottle) would certainly turn a few heads if figured out. If done on the sly, it basically is the definition of smuggling. I am not a lawyer.

I think you are overthinking it. Just try to have a good time, and enjoy the premium booze, and extras!:cool:

I love the Cheers Package and I get it on pretty much all of my cruises. It's definitely worth it if you're an "at least 6 alcoholic beverages per day on a cruise" drinker.

I like your idea of taking your stockpiled shots to your excursions! Enjoy your Cheers Package!

Perfect example of greed mentality, but hey, at least you didn't say you were going to book 2 cabins with 1 adult and,1 minor in each so you would just need to purchase 1 Cheers then sneak a drink to your spouse. So I guess this is progress SMDH

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk