Bermuda Cruise Questions

Sailingkidswine

Can I buy them on the ship? I don't want to carry too much cash.

Not on the ship. They sell them at the Visitor Information Centers. There is one in the cruise terminal building.

Hardly a big purchase but they have been taking credit cards at the VIC with a 3% surcharge.

Not on the ship. They sell them at the Visitor Information Centers. There is one in the cruise terminal building.

Just to be, these tokens are not to disembark and go on land, right? If so, this would the first time I have been charged to disembark with tokens, as I have never run into this on other CL.

Just to be, these tokens are not to disembark and go on land, right? If so, this would the first time I have been charged to disembark with tokens, as I have never run into this on other CL.

The tokens are for the ferry, everyone needs them to travel the ferry.

I am confused. Is this ferry that I need tokens for is used to carry ppl to the ship to the land?

The ferry is not to get from the ship to land. The ferry and buses are how you get from the Royal Navel Dockyard to other more interesting parts of Bermuda. Ferry's run to Hamilton and St. George's.

The ferry is not to get from the ship to land. The ferry and buses are how you get from the Royal Navel Dockyard to other more interesting parts of Bermuda. Ferry's run to Hamilton nd St. George's.

OH! :') I'm so smart.

I thought I had to pay 4.75 to disembark via a ferry. It wasn't until the later posts that I realized that it wasn't the case.

OH! :') I'm so smart.

I thought I had to pay 4.75 to disembark via a ferry. It wasn't until the later posts that I realized that it wasn't the case.

This may help. It is a photo of the Summit tied up to King's Wharf and the Breakaway tied to Heritage Wharf. There is a ramp perpendicular to the wharves which go to shore (lower right corner of photo):

SternToStern.jpg

To make the picture larger, click on the post number in the upper right corner of the post.

SBtS

This may help. It is a photo of the Summit tied up to King's Wharf and the Breakaway tied to Heritage Wharf. There is a ramp perpendicular to the wharves which go to shore (lower right corner of photo):

SternToStern.jpg

To make the picture larger, click on the post number in the upper right corner of the post.

SBtS

Thanks. It does. I was wildly confused...

SBtS

Clicking on the post number puts you in single post view but doesn't make the photo any larger on any browser I've used. :confused:

Clicking on the post number puts you in single post view but doesn't make the photo any larger on any browser I've used. :confused:

Not mine either.

My browser is Firefox, and this is on my desktop computer. When I click on the post number the picture width goes from about 7.25" to about 12.25".

SBtS

My browser is Firefox, and this is on my desktop computer. When I click on the post number the picture width goes from about 7.25" to about 12.25".

SBtS

Not in Safari or Chrome. I have Firefox on another computer but can't try it now. I will test it tomorrow. That computer is running a process tonight. I think I fire up Firefox once a year to get updates.

By the way Photobucket sucks.

To the OP....please don't be deterred by the remarks about the Caves. If you can arrange it, definitely make a trip to the Caves part of your visit to Bermuda. The Caves are stunning, and a great family outing. Part of the tour includes a walk through some of the lush landscaping on the property. One memorable moment was when the tour guide pointed out the All Spice tree (which for me was a new one). You rub the leaves between your fingers, and smell, and sure enough...All Spice. Enjoy your cruise! We will be there in August on the Summit. Bermuda is a beautiful island. Very British, and not at all like the Bahamas, in my opinion.

To the OP. Make this carefree and take the cruise sponsored tour. The cave tour is the same. Your transfers will be taken care of. And, you needn't worry about making it back in time. The ship will wait for you to return if you are on an excursion booked through Celebrity.

Not in Safari or Chrome. I have Firefox on another computer but can't try it now. I will test it tomorrow. That computer is running a process tonight. I think I fire up Firefox once a year to get updates.

By the way Photobucket sucks.

My experience:

MacBook

Safari - no

Chrome - no

Opera - no

ASUS Desktop

Chrome - no

IE - no

Edge - no

Firefox - no

The size of the window increases, and the post's text adjusts to the new width, but in all cases the photo remains unchanged in size. It must be something to do with a difference in computer and/or browser and/or CC settings.

My experience:

MacBook

Safari - no

Chrome - no

Opera - no

ASUS Desktop

Chrome - no

IE - no

Edge - no

Firefox - no

The size of the window increases, and the post's text adjusts to the new width, but in all cases the photo remains unchanged in size. It must be something to do with a difference in computer and/or browser and/or CC settings.

Come on guys. Please continue your IT discussion on another thread.

To the OP....please don't be deterred by the remarks about the Caves. If you can arrange it, definitely make a trip to the Caves part of your visit to Bermuda. The Caves are stunning, and a great family outing. Part of the tour includes a walk through some of the lush landscaping on the property. One memorable moment was when the tour guide pointed out the All Spice tree (which for me was a new one). You rub the leaves between your fingers, and smell, and sure enough...All Spice. Enjoy your cruise! We will be there in August on the Summit. Bermuda is a beautiful island. Very British, and not at all like the Bahamas, in my opinion.

Thanks. DH wants to see the caves. We are in our 40s with no mobility issues beyond a tween and a 8.5 year old! Can't do much about them!