New Zealand Weather in November

HI Everyone :-) Sailing on Voyager of the Seas from Fremantle to New Zealand in November, can anyone give me an idea what the Temps are in New Zealand... places visiting are Wellington, Picton,. Akaroa, Dunedin, Picton and the Fiords ? I know coming from Queensland I will get cold, just don't know how cold ;p

HI Everyone :-) Sailing on Voyager of the Seas from Fremantle to New Zealand in November, can anyone give me an idea what the Temps are in New Zealand... places visiting are Wellington, Picton,. Akaroa, Dunedin, Picton and the Fiords ? I know coming from Queensland I will get cold, just don't know how cold ;p

There is no answer, except to be prepared for the cold.

Take what you would wear for a weekend in Canberra right now and you won't go wrong. You can always not wear it if it is warm enough.

According to Wikipedia, average low temp for Dunedin in November is 8.6 degrees. That's average, i.e. half above, half below.

On the plus side average high is 16.1 degrees. Brrrrr.

I have visited NZ North and South Island several times in November. The South Island was dry dusty and warm, whilst the North Island was so warm we got sunburnt spending too long on the beach.

However, I cruised NZ in December and it was often cool on the ship, so layers and a good windbreaker are needed. The Sounds were cold (hot chocolate weather with passengers wrapped in blankets).

I have visited NZ North and South Island several times in November. The South Island was dry dusty and warm, whilst the North Island was so warm we got sunburnt spending too long on the beach.

However, I cruised NZ in December and it was often cool on the ship, so layers and a good windbreaker are needed. The Sounds were cold (hot chocolate weather with passengers wrapped in blankets).

Thank You, that helps a lot :-)

Feel sorry for Camberians, winter here and in Rockhampton we still getting 26 degs in the day, beautiful weather.

Yes, it is very cold here compared to many places but also a lot warmer than a northern hemisphere winter.

IMO, there is no such thing as bad weather just bad clothing.

Here, we dress for the cold, have heated houses, cars, and work places (inside anyway) and mange just fine. I often wear just a T-shirt and shorts when at home in winter as the heating is set for my wife at 20-22 C and I find that comfortable shorts weather.

Pack layers, that way you're covered for all weathers. I usually take tshirts and polo shorts, a light cardigan and a long sleeved warmer jumper, a light fleece, a good rain/windproof jacket, a warm hat and gloves, and a swimsuit. Linen pants and jeans.

On one December cruise I was in tshirts up to and including Akaroa, and then I had all the layers on for Dunedin and Fiordland. In February it was rain jackets over tshirts in Tauranga, then tshirts with a light cardigan for the rest of the port stops, but I needed the fleece in Fiordland.

Yes, it is very cold here compared to many places but also a lot warmer than a northern hemisphere winter.

IMO, there is no such thing as bad weather just bad clothing.

Here, we dress for the cold, have heated houses, cars, and work places (inside anyway) and mange just fine. I often wear just a T-shirt and shorts when at home in winter as the heating is set for my wife at 20-22 C and I find that comfortable shorts weather.

Heated houses - you must live in Canberra. No heated houses in sunny Queensland, just drafty Queenslanders, which are great for summer. My American friends freeze here in our winters, whilst we are in shorts, t-shirts and thongs.

We cruised NZ last November, freezing cold in the sounds, still plenty of snow on he peaks in Milford Sound.....but so, so beautiful. Not o be missed no matter how cold!!! The rest of our trip, we were so blessed with the weather...sunny and warm even on the South Island. But, you must be prepared, layers are the best, and yes, a rain jacket just in case.