Back to Back

Hi

Thinking of doing back to back RCI cruises (same ship).

What can I expect as far as pricing and perks from the RCI side? If we can't get the same cabin do they move us?

Do we have to disembark and embark between cruises or can we stay onboard?

Do any packages (food and dinning) carry over?

What else should I know.

We will be dealing with a TA but don't want to start until I have a rough idea of what to expect

Thanks

No price breaks or OBC for booking consecutive cruises. Depending on the ship and number of B2B guests, they may have a special lunch in the MDR on changeover day.

Nothing carries over.

At US ports, you usually have to get off the ship for a short time and then reboard.

Back to back cruises are treated as two independent separate cruises. No price break, no carryovers, etc. You get two different Seapass cards, dining room assignment, etc.

It's nice to have the same cabin, but not always possible, if already booked; some people actually prefer to change cabins. Staff will assist with moving.

Have had a free lunch at a specialty restaurants. You have to clear customs/immigration at US ports after the first cruise.

They will move your stuff if you don't get the same cabin. Personally I would not do a B2B unless I had the same cabin, but, that's just me. I want to relax not pack and unpack again.

Exactly how I feel too...has to be the same cabin...and I prefer an alternate itinerary....double visit to one port is fine but not to every one.

Exactly how I feel too...has to be the same cabin...and I prefer an alternate itinerary....double visit to one port is fine but not to every one.

It works well in the Caribbean, you can do eastern and western. So nice not to be packing and have a smile when everyone else is getting ready to leave. We also have done a modified back to back. First week from Ft Lauderdale on Royal Caribbean, after that cruise ended, we got on a Celebrity ship the same day at the same port- best of both worlds! Also eastern and western Caribbean. You do have to pack and unpack however.

If I could I would enjoy doing this multiple weeks and trying different ships!

They will move your stuff if you don't get the same cabin. Personally I would not do a B2B unless I had the same cabin, but, that's just me. I want to relax not pack and unpack again.

Agree. (y)

Since there is no financial incentive and the only other plus is not having to repack, assuming we get the same cabin, I don't see any compelling reason for a B2B. Plan B is to spend a few days in London and then another cruise. Decision will probably be made on itinerary. .

Still open for suggestions

Thanks

For me one reason to do a B2B is that we have to fly everywhere. It's one airfare, for two cruises so it seems like a better deal. I also think that 7 days just isn't enough time and the B2B usually allows us to get two weeks.

We always do b2b's or longer cruises. 7 days just doesn't seem long enough, especially considering that Day 1 goes by so quickly with embarkation, unpacking, etc. And if you board after noon it really seems short. A 7 day cruise really only offers 6 full days. For us doing b2b's is not and has never been about itineraries. Having visited every island in the Caribbean my feeling is "another island, same stuff". For us its all about enjoying the ship and all the relaxing, outstanding things offered on board. As far as expectations for a b2b sailing over something shorter, we have none. Have never received a price break or any special perks other than what we get for booking suites and our C&A level. And we always make sure we have the same cabin for both cruises, as opposed to changing cabins on turn around day. And, after all the cruises we have taken we still enjoy staying on the ship on turn around day while others are leaving! Love long cruises!

We always do b2b's or longer cruises. 7 days just doesn't seem long enough, especially considering that Day 1 goes by so quickly with embarkation, unpacking, etc. And if you board after noon it really seems short. A 7 day cruise really only offers 6 full days. For us doing b2b's is not and has never been about itineraries. Having visited every island in the Caribbean my feeling is "another island, same stuff". For us its all about enjoying the ship and all the relaxing, outstanding things offered on board. As far as expectations for a b2b sailing over something shorter, we have none. Have never received a price break or any special perks other than what we get for booking suites and our C&A level. And we always make sure we have the same cabin for both cruises, as opposed to changing cabins on turn around day. And, after all the cruises we have taken we still enjoy staying on the ship on turn around day while others are leaving! Love long cruises!

Agree, I also, do B2B cruises now, and usually combine a 7 day carribean with a transatlantic, enjoying the longer cruise, having the same room, and staying on the ship, there were 60 of us staying aboard on the last cruise. We were given champagne, and offered a lunch in one of the restaurants,

Since there is no financial incentive and the only other plus is not having to repack, assuming we get the same cabin, I don't see any compelling reason for a B2B. Plan B is to spend a few days in London and then another cruise. Decision will probably be made on itinerary. .

Still open for suggestions

Thanks

If you are interested in some touring in England, we did a Norway cruise from Southampton last summer on Navigator and followed it with three incredible days exploring Devon and Cornwall before flying home. Many photos from our touring are in the album from the cruise linked in my signature.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you are interested in some touring in England, we did a Norway cruise from Southampton last summer on Navigator and followed it with three incredible days exploring Devon and Cornwall before flying home. Many photos from our touring are in the album from the cruise linked in my signature.

Great Pics...

We did British Isles Explorer last year and are doing the Viking Homelands this year on Viking Ocean and a few weeks latter Iceland, Greenland and Scotland on HAL. so next year we are looking at the Canary Islands and possibly Spain (B2B) on Royal Carib. Other options are the Canary Islands +? or Cuba + TA to Lisbon on Oceania. About a dozen other options on the table