Tracy Arms Excursion

puli

If you booked the Alaskan 6.5 hour Tracy Arms small boat excursion that picks you up directly from your cruise ship while still at sea, what time must you be ready for the transfer?

Our ship is scheduled to be in the Tracy Arms area just a few hours.... say from @ 5:30 to 9 AM & then it goes on to dock in Juneau at noon.

So, does that mean you will be transferred to the small excursion boat at 5:30AM ? The excursion boat I am sure, is based in Juneau so wouldn't it arrive about the time your cruise ship was leaving the area?

Not sure a 4:30 wake up call is appealing!

The ship enters the passage way at 5:30 and sails in. You will most likely transfer around 8:30 or 9. Once you are off the ship; it will then head over to Juneau. Which ship are you on? I am on Emerald this Sunday and our Tracy Arm times changed. We don't arrive until 7 and leave at 11; then get to Juneau at 2:30

If you booked the Alaskan 6.5 hour Tracy Arms small boat excursion that picks you up directly from your cruise ship while still at sea, what time must you be ready for the transfer?

Our ship is scheduled to be in the Tracy Arms area just a few hours.... say from @ 5:30 to 9 AM & then it goes on to dock in Juneau at noon.

So, does that mean you will be transferred to the small excursion boat at 5:30AM ? The excursion boat I am sure, is based in Juneau so wouldn't it arrive about the time your cruise ship was leaving the area?

Not sure a 4:30 wake up call is appealing!

We did this on NCL, not Princess so I don't know how it works timewise, but it was one of the most amazing tours we have ever done! So even if it was 4:30, we would do it again! It will light by then too!

On June 6th when we were on the Emerald we transferred on to the small Allen Marine boat about 09:30 up in Endicott Arm. I've been watching the ship tracker web site and none of the cruise ships are going up into Tracy Arm yet this year. This is one of the best excursions you can take.

On June 6th when we were on the Emerald we transferred on to the small Allen Marine boat about 09:30 up in Endicott Arm. I've been watching the ship tracker web site and none of the cruise ships are going up into Tracy Arm yet this year. This is one of the best excursions you can take.

I agree. We did this on the 21st. It was fantastic, and we saw whales on the way to meet up with the ship. We re-boarded about 3:15 that afternoon.

I agree. It's one of the best excursions we have done in Alaska.

Tracy has one arm. :o

Tracy Arm is a fjord in Alaska near Juneau. It is named after the Secretary of the Navy Benjamin Franklin Tracy.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Thanks everyone!... we are not going until next summer. a few years ago on a HAL ship in early,early September the Ship itself got all the way up to the end of Tracy Arms...saw both glaciers .We said then , we would like to come back and see it again but from the angle of a small boat. It was so awesome!

Did this yesterday. Met in the dining room at 8 and was on the ship by 845. The cruise ship couldnt make it up either arm to the glaciers. We made it up to both Tracy Arm Glaciers and it was the first time for the small boat in almost a year. Endicott had an ice slide the day before. The other small boat only went to Sawyer Glacier but our Lady Captain was AMAZING! We sw whales, sea lions and seals. Best excursion ever. It is cold though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I agree. It's one of the best excursions we have done in Alaska.

Tracy has one arm. :o

Tracy Arm is a fjord in Alaska near Juneau. It is named after the Secretary of the Navy Benjamin Franklin Tracy.

Great post and great explanation, Colo Cruiser. Thanks so much!

I am on the Emerald in 3 weeks. I have the Princess Tracey Arms excursions booked with a private whale watching tour after.

This week I noticed that the time for the tour had changed from 7:15-1:15 TO 9-3:15 with no notification to me or my agent. The port time for Tracey Ams and Juneau did not change.

I was able to change my private whale watching tour to a later time.

Book early as the price went up by $20.

Check your times for excursions.

We did a similar tour with RCI 2 years ago on a very small boat (only 25 of us) with a fabulous lady captain. Probably the best excursion I have ever taken on any cruise anywhere in the world. We came within one quarter mile of the very active glacier and stayed for quite a while. Saw lots of wildlife as well. Enjoy!

We've done it twice, on the Grand Princess and the Ruby Princess. You'll get to see some of the sights before you have to check in for the excursion. Be ready for a modest amount of hurry-up-and-wait, as that's just how it is. However, I would urge you to make one or more visits to the shore excursions desk to make a passioned plea, along the lines of "Hi, I'm going to be on TA1-660, which meets in the Princess Theatre while waiting for the excursion vessel to meet the ship. Could you please arrange to have the bridge camera showing on one or more screens in the Theatre while we wait? I'd really like to see the beauty we're missing while we're staged for the excursion, and I'd really prefer that over a three-minute Princess promotional video on auto-repeat." I think we saw that video ten times while waiting. :(