Royal testing to bring back same drink package for all

Anyone who has read CC threads even casually, knows that you don't get price drops after final payment date.

Biker, who can GUARANTEE that many sailings will NOT have the above price drop (especially inside 30 days).

We pre booked our Dec. 9 10 night Navigator on our April Oasis sailing Balcony was 2776 Oct 8 we upgraded to suite for 200pp but wasn't asked for final payment. We had 100 bucks invested on the onboard booking. I didn't realize they changed final payment date to 75 days out. I got email at day 57 saying our reservation was cancelled due to non payment! Oh well we were out 100 bucks I called and they applied it to our April booking. At day 45 a couple we sailed with on 12 night serenade Dec 15 called and said did you see price on your sailing? I called and booked same balcony for 601 per person! That my friend Thats 1500 less then at date final payment was due on balcony! That IS a true story....Our Nov 11 Majesty was 499 for porthole at day 60, 399 at 45 we booked for 199 TOTAL on Nov 7

We pre booked our Dec. 9 10 night Navigator on our April Oasis sailing Balcony was 2776 Oct 8 we upgraded to suite for 200pp but wasn't asked for final payment. We had 100 bucks invested on the onboard booking. I didn't realize they changed final payment date to 75 days out. I got email at day 57 saying our reservation was cancelled due to non payment! Oh well we were out 100 bucks I called and they applied it to our April booking. At day 45 a couple we sailed with on 12 night serenade Dec 15 called and said did you see price on your sailing? I called and booked same balcony for 601 per person! That my friend Thats 1500 less then at date final payment was due on balcony! That IS a true story....Our Nov 11 Majesty was 499 for porthole at day 60, 399 at 45 we booked for 199 TOTAL on Nov 7

So you have two examples of price drops between inside 60 days - how does that GUARANTEE that ALL sailings have that? :confused:

All's good. :D I did say we'd unlink, but don't understand why we'd have to.

Time for a glass of wine.

:confused: what does linking have to do with anything? The package purchase requirement is only within a cabin - linking with another cabin does not force package purchase.

People will always be clever, but the system has to be there first. RCI added this new rule, not the people.

My wife says it's working for Carnival, so she wasn't surprised with RCI jumping on board. RCI won't be the last either.

The irony is that 10 years from now one line will stop selling drink packages as a new idea to make more money off single drinks and it will be all the rave with the other lines.:rolleyes:

Burt

Carnival has a 15 drink max and if you sail outta Texas the package doesn't go into effect until midnight the day of sailing. All drinks are a la carts day one!

Just got off the phone. Yep. I mentioned that tetotaller friend doesn't drink for religious reasons. No problems. No worries.

Also, looks like the price dropped. Last week the deluxe + VOOM was showing up at $488pp. I just paid $433.68pp x2.

433.68 is what I paid on May 13 Harmony Heather got basic Internet and soda pkg. watch your bill on the tv. Your gonna get a bill for 488 then a credit then charged like 363 then a daily internet charge....I'm glad you called and confirmed what I said all along. RCCL sets "guidelines" not rules. Legally a guideline is easier to bend then a rule.

Genius!

I need to invent something for folks to sneak booze on board in their luggage. Oh Wait!

Burt

Already done! Lol. Disney allows carry ons! An earlier poster said that Disney has no package (other than wine) but 22oz drafts are 4.74 and I always carry on 2 cases of my Miller lite. Disney allows carry on! My excuse......we need an extra empty back for purchases, right?

433.68 is what I paid on May 13 Harmony Heather got basic Internet and soda pkg. watch your bill on the tv. Your gonna get a bill for 488 then a credit then charged like 363 then a daily internet charge....I'm glad you called and confirmed what I said all along. RCCL sets "guidelines" not rules. Legally a guideline is easier to bend then a rule.

They just bought the package, there will be nothing on the tv since they have prepaid for the package. You only see charges on the tv if you purchase the package on the ship.

Last year I did in depth research on an MSC cruise. They required passengers with linked reservations to buy the same level drink package. They also offered two levels of drink packages for adults and children. If parents had, for example, the highest level drink package, they had to purchase the highest level package for their children.

On the other hand, MSC had low individual drink prices and offered drink vouchers in advance and onboard at around $4-$5 per drink.

(For the record, we didn't sail with them, but it had nothing to do with their drink politics and prices.)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can buy "bundles" on MSC if I remember 18 drinks for 79 dollars. The sailing we have booked is about 2200 unlimited drinks, 1 dining experience unlimited thermo spa and 1 spa treatment pp. for 200 pp we can upgrade to suite....

so let me see if I understand...

People were sharing packages so Royal was looking for a way to profit more and decided to crack down on cheaters...

Now there 'could' be exceptions like religious and pregnancy (not confirmed) and people are looking to cheat the system again so that royal will eventually close this loop (like carnival) and not allow ANY exceptions and hurt the honest people who are religious or pregnant...

Entitlement at its best.. :(

so let me see if I understand...

People were sharing packages so Royal was looking for a way to profit more and decided to crack down on cheaters...

Now there 'could' be exceptions like religious and pregnancy (not confirmed) and people are looking to cheat the system again so that royal will eventually close this loop (like carnival) and not allow ANY exceptions and hurt the honest people who are religious or pregnant...

Entitlement at its best.. :(

+1 ^

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow... well this is not true... I happen to know that for the last 4 cruises I booked, that I booked about 8-14 months out, at the time periods you are saying, and the day we got on the ship the cost was considerably more for the equivalent or higher room category...

Start watching your next sailings prices at the Monday following the date "final payment" is due! What happens to all those cabins that become available due to non payment? Yes, RCCL discounts and "upgrades" from inside to view and view to balcony. But if you originally booked balcony your STUCK! On our Navigator the couple on one side paid 2700 for their balcony, the people on other side pais 2200 for view and got an upgrade. I paid 1202 at day 45 if you care to PM me I'll email you ALL of my print outs. If someone here gives me a category preferably balcony I'll post the price here every day till date of sailing.

Start watching your next sailings prices at the Monday following the date "final payment" is due! What happens to all those cabins that become available due to non payment? Yes, RCCL discounts and "upgrades" from inside to view and view to balcony. But if you originally booked balcony your STUCK! On our Navigator the couple on one side paid 2700 for their balcony, the people on other side pais 2200 for view and got an upgrade. I paid 1202 at day 45 if you care to PM me I'll email you ALL of my print outs. If someone here gives me a category preferably balcony I'll post the price here every day till date of sailing.

Trying to figure out how this relates to Royal testing requirement if one DX and cabin mates are 21+, all cabin mates must also have DX.

^ none of this is a secret or a mystery -folks who have done this for a while know all of this, including sites on which to keep track of pricing. Cruise cabin pricing is almost as dynamic as plane seat pricing.

You are talking about one sailing, at a non-peak time. Your theory does not work for sailings during peak cruising season.

So you have two examples of price drops between inside 60 days - how does that GUARANTEE that ALL sailings have that? :confused:

I saved 2k on 2 sailings......you said it doesn't happen....you wanna PM me I'll email you bookings, pricing and changes!

I saved 2k on 2 sailings......you said it doesn't happen....you wanna PM me I'll email you bookings, pricing and changes!

No, you said that it (price drops) happens on all sailings GUARANTEED. I said that that is not true.

Biker, who has booked sailings inside final payment after price drops.

Trying to figure out how this relates to Royal testing requirement if one DX and cabin mates are 21+, all cabin mates must also have DX.

I just find it odd that 46x7 is 368 plus the auto grat...is a big deal....RCCL been sticking it to pre paid cruisers for a long time. I get it, most people book, make payments over time and maybe can't just purchase 3 weeks out when a deal pops up. But some here complaining about 368 are probably gonna see their same catagory be on the C&A "going going gone" on a Monday morning for much less then they paid.

People will always be clever, but the system has to be there first. RCI added this new rule, not the people.

My wife says it's working for Carnival, so she wasn't surprised with RCI jumping on board. RCI won't be the last either.

The irony is that 10 years from now one line will stop selling drink packages as a new idea to make more money off single drinks and it will be all the rave with the other lines.:rolleyes:

Burt

Disney already has no drink packages.