First night done right question.

I will be sailing on Explorer of the seas in September to Alaska. This is my first time cruising with Royal, and am still learning the ropes. I have pre-purchased and scheduled several dining choices including Giovanni's and Chops. Recently the "first night done right" promotion showed up in my cruise planner. I purchased and reserved my time slot. I understand the venue will be chosen by Royal. However, I am curious if Izumi is selected how will the $15 per person charge be applied since they have a la carte pricing? Will I only receive a $15 per person credit toward the menu, or is there a greater amount applied? Since I am already dining at the other 2 specialty restaurants I may want to try the sushi option. I tried searching for the answer, but the terms and conditions on my purchase does not address this issue. Thanks for any insight you can give me on this.

Edited by aricczona

Is that the credit per person? ($15 fee for each).

Yes, per person. I know the credit used to be $30, but I think I've read that it's higher now.

Ken will know if he stops by.

Thank you, I figured there should be some incentive involved. This helps me to decide. I love sushi, but the a la carte pricing did not make it seem like a very good value given the other options on board. I may try it if assigned now, although I have not seen many reviews on the venue in Explorer.

Will the restaurant selection be emailed to me in advance?

No, you find out onboard. It will be in your stateroom, or you can find out before you get into your stateroom by going to any specialty restaurant.

I don't remember the dollar figure, but my friends did this on the Radiance and they had a very very hard time spending all of it. It's a good amount.

We were the same on Explorer in Dec last year - struggled and failed to use up our allowance for a party of 3 👍

I thought they excluded the Hibachi portion but not the other menu items and gave you a credit up to 50 for the a La carte menu items.

We sailed on Anthem and they do not have the Hibachi but I noticed it because we love Choppy choppy (Tempenakki) from NCL