Elite Mini bar set up?

phabric

First time being Elite in 2 weeks.

For the Elite Mini Bar set up, are all the items placed on a table?

Is the soda placed in the refrig?

If, the soda is placed in the refrig, how can you tell which is the free soda or the paid soda?

If, the soda is placed in the refrig, how can you tell which is the free soda or the paid soda?

Soda and beer are placed in the frig.

IF you order pre-paid soda, the that would be in the frig also.

Have a great Cruise.

The 50ml bottles are placed on top of the fridge. Soda, beer, Perrier, and water are in the fridge. There are no 'for purchase' items. Everything that is there is part of the mini bar set up. You can make exchanges by calling room service.

As someone stated, everything you see there is yours.*

Typically this will be two miniatures of each:

Skyy Vodka, Dewar's White Label Scotch, Beefeater Gin and Cognac V.S.

...all on the tray with a card for re-ordering anything you like at a cost to you.

Inside the refrigerator will be one of each:

Bottle of water

Bottle of Perrier

Bottle of Imported Beer (usually Dos XX)

One can each of: Coke, Sprite, Tonic, Club Soda

*- The part I'm fuzzy on is if there is a large bottle of water in the room. If there is, it has a price card, and it is placed away from the mini bar set up, since it will be charged to you if used.

Edited by rbt001
typo

As others have posted, it can vary from being in the fridge, on the shelf above the fridge, delayed arrival & even sometimes the fridge had the standard paid options because the steward hadn't yet removed them.

Prior to the recent website changes the FAQs described the contents & exchange options which unfortunately are no longer available. We usually exchange everything for 10 beers & 10 Diet Cokes and occasionally for 2 coffee cards.

The 50ml bottles are placed on top of the fridge. Soda, beer, Perrier, and water are in the fridge. There are no 'for purchase' items. Everything that is there is part of the mini bar set up. You can make exchanges by calling room service.

Is the beginning set just a standard set up? So that you have to do exchanges to get different items. Or do you let Princess know what you want in your mini bar beforehand?

Is the beginning set just a standard set up? So that you have to do exchanges to get different items. Or do you let Princess know what you want in your mini bar beforehand?

Exchanges can only be done by contacting room service on the ship & there's no way to request a customized minibar beforehand.

Although if sailing B2B cruises you can contact room service prior to the end of the first cruise to customize your 2nd minibar. We did that once to request 2 coffee cards & they were appreciative to not have to deliver a standard elite minibar & then having to return to make changes.

Prior to the recent website changes the FAQs described the contents & exchange options which unfortunately are no longer available. We usually exchange everything for 10 beers & 10 Diet Cokes and occasionally for 2 coffee cards.

I didn't realize that they took down the mini bar swap out list in the CC FAQ's but I just tried and it is definitely gone. However, I had copied the list to a Word document a while ago just in case I needed to refer to it while cruising and here it is:

Question:What will my mini-bar consist of?

Answer:Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each ofCognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2)12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ouncebottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

Question:What if I have a specific request for how I’d like my mini-barstocked?

Answer:Your mini-bar will consist of a selection of liquors, soft drinks,beer, still and sparkling water. Once on board, you may contact Room Service tochange your mini-bar selection. Certain restrictions apply.

Question:Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for wine?

Answer:You may exchange all of your mini-bar items for one bottle of winevalued at $40 or less.

Question:Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for full bottles ofliquor?

Answer:No. Miniature bottles of liquor (50 ml) may be exchanged on aone-for-one basis with other miniature bottles.

Question:Can I exchange the non-alcoholic items in my Elite mini-bar foralcohol?

Answer:No. Non-alcoholic beverages may be exchanged on a one-for-onebasis with other non-alcoholic varieties.

Question:What if I don't want any alcohol in my Elite mini-bar?

Answer:If you do not wish to have any alcohol in your mini-bar we will behappy to exchange your mini-bar for one of the following:

• Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis
  • Full mini-bar may be exchanged for two (2) Coffee Cards
  • All water mini-bar setup will consist of eight (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water

Exchanges can only be done by contacting room service on the ship & there's no way to request a customized minibar beforehand.

Although if sailing B2B cruises you can contact room service prior to the end of the first cruise to customize your 2nd minibar. We did that once to request 2 coffee cards & they were appreciative to not have to deliver a standard elite minibar & then having to return to make changes.

Thank you.

It will be a standard setup onboard.

Contact RS for any alterations.

The removal of the previous Captain's Circle FAQs was a very poor decision. :eek:

They've replaced great FAQ information with just a few questions & requiring us to send them a request for many other answers. That'll waste resources by individually answering FAQs or like me to never receive an answer.

I've used their Site Feedback option but nothing changes...maybe you could send them the information you saved so they can provide it as a FAQ.

I'll bookmark the information for future reference...thanks! :)

I didn't realize that they took down the mini bar swap out list in the CC FAQ's but I just tried and it is definitely gone. However, I had copied the list to a Word document a while ago just in case I needed to refer to it while cruising and here it is:

Question:What will my mini-bar consist of?

Answer:Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each ofCognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2)12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ouncebottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

Question:What if I have a specific request for how I’d like my mini-barstocked?

Answer:Your mini-bar will consist of a selection of liquors, soft drinks,beer, still and sparkling water. Once on board, you may contact Room Service tochange your mini-bar selection. Certain restrictions apply.

Question:Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for wine?

Answer:You may exchange all of your mini-bar items for one bottle of winevalued at $40 or less.

Question:Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for full bottles ofliquor?

Answer:No. Miniature bottles of liquor (50 ml) may be exchanged on aone-for-one basis with other miniature bottles.

Question:Can I exchange the non-alcoholic items in my Elite mini-bar foralcohol?

Answer:No. Non-alcoholic beverages may be exchanged on a one-for-onebasis with other non-alcoholic varieties.

Question:What if I don't want any alcohol in my Elite mini-bar?

Answer:If you do not wish to have any alcohol in your mini-bar we will behappy to exchange your mini-bar for one of the following:

• Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis
  • Full mini-bar may be exchanged for two (2) Coffee Cards
  • All water mini-bar setup will consist of eight (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water

Thank you.

You're welcome & happy to share our experiences.

The removal of the previous Captain's Circle FAQs was a very poor decision. :eek:

They've replaced great FAQ information with just a few questions & requiring us to send them a request for many other answers. That'll waste resources by individually answering FAQs or like me to never receive an answer.

I've used their Site Feedback option but nothing changes...maybe you could send them the information you saved so they can provide it as a FAQ.

I'll bookmark the information for future reference...thanks! :.

I posted the before and after info on the Private Princess forum and asked that they restore the details. That channel seems to get a better response from Princess. Hopefully that will be the case this time too!

*- The part I'm fuzzy on is if there is a large bottle of water in the room. If there is, it has a price card, and it is placed away from the mini bar set up, since it will be charged to you if used.

There is always the large bottle of water (for a fee) in our cabin, on top of the fridge together with the miniature liquor bottles.

As someone stated, everything you see there is yours.*

Typically this will be two miniatures of each:

Skyy Vodka, Dewar's White Label Scotch, Beefeater Gin and Cognac V.S.

...all on the tray with a card for re-ordering anything you like at a cost to you.

Inside the refrigerator will be one of each:

Bottle of water

Bottle of Perrier

Bottle of Imported Beer (usually Dos XX)

One can each of: Coke, Sprite, Tonic, Club Soda

Two bottles of water, Perrier, beer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums