Carnival Sunshine July 10-18, 2017 Review

bda73

iT7Ahiqbr8NklBZCmBE1MppTRTSM9CurnklcaaDp4vYpX92IB?viewBox=1159%2C908oHIJgST-QWCFSCWFF_pInAHello everyone, my name is Al and over the next few posts I will be posting about my experience aboard the Sunshine. This is my first written review so please be kind as I am an accountant and not an English major lol.

First a little about me, my family and the group that went on this vacation.

We all come from Long Island New York and are all good friends. Out of the 12 of us there were 7 first time cruisers.

My wife is a teacher, my son is a 14 year old football player.

Our friends are T, his wife L and their two boys N (16 years old) and J (13) (both football players) who were cruise virgins.

Our friend C and her two daughters J (20) and G (16) who also took the plunge in trying out a cruise for a vacation.

Last but not least our friend LR and her son B (also 16 year old football player).

All the boys go to the same school and have been playing football since they were 5/6 years old.

The group relied on my wife and I's past experiences when it comes to what to do, where to go and what to bring. Sometimes I have to admit I found myself comparing this ship to past cruises, both good and bad and may have given off an biased opinion towards the rookies.

As I go through my/our experience please feel free to ask any questions or post any comments.

I will only post pictures of my family and not of the others as I respect their privacy and don't need to lose friends over a misunderstanding.

My son and I.....

0HQ_z1qmkUopune6LczLZ7pw6dLY3Zer3BC4yM-XcLgpX92IB?viewBox=1211%2C908

My beautiful wife and our son

y5AhOk31FBHqoWGlOUXY-7GVtLxVCpfyEZ71By3uXYkpX92IB?viewBox=1211%2C908

Just SOME of the luggage

zd_zPhzMqWiNEDRtsePerktFlTj0cGkq1Q8xnjUw6CcpX92IB?viewBox=1211%2C908

Edited by bda73
adding pictures to the post

Ok with that out of the way let's begin......

Our car service met typical NYC traffic as we headed in from eastern long island...dam you 59th Street bridge!!! Never the less we arrived at the port at 11:30 a good 30 minutes later than our check in time. Because we paid for Faster to the Fun, we bypassed a vast amount of people both before the metal detectors as well as the check in desk. This in itself was worth the $80 per cabin as four of us in our party of 12 have medical issues, 2 bad backs, a sprained ankle and one bad knee. Yeah it sucks getting old lol.

After checking in we were able to get right on board and entered via the main lobby.

We were greeted by a nice array of towel animals.....

Say hello to my little friends.....

tqIH2v8fgWGJmYcVnW0j3N2hiUYAyNukUMvyrt6CojUpX92IB?viewBox=681%2C908

Edited by bda73

Nice start, can't wait to hear about your cruise. Is that the group luggage or just your family?

That was 10 out of the 12's luggage.

My wife and I tend to over pack when we travel to have extra clothes just in case.

One thing I will mention about the Sunshine is that they allow, on casual nights, for the men to wear dress shorts. I have had issues in the past where cruise lines had rules stating men had to wear slacks while allowing women to wear microskits into the dining rooms.

That was 10 out of the 12's luggage.

My wife and I tend to over pack when we travel to have extra clothes just in case.

One thing I will mention about the Sunshine is that they allow, on casual nights, for the men to wear dress shorts. I have had issues in the past where cruise lines had rules stating men had to wear slacks while allowing women to wear microskits into the dining rooms.

Yikes, that is a lot of luggage!

I live in NYC, work in Manhattan, and on July 10th I was stalking your ship, having walked over towards the pier during lunch to stare longingly after it and plotting ways to stow away.

Sigh. 37 days, two hours, 12 minutes...and counting.