Heartfelt Plea to CEO from Loyal Celebrity Cruiser

Luvcrusn

I'll start when I get home layer but I do think it'll be wasted time based on previous efforts. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

The first question is whether there is a good email address that we can send the link to. I have not been around Celebrity Cruises long enough to figure out who to send an email to.

Sorry but the Fact IS with the share price at an all time high of $116, there's no need to appeal to a few regulars on CC. :')

In today's world any World-Wide company that can't maintain a website, as a simple matter of general business to a World-Wide user group Audience, is showing utter incompetence to the entire free world.

Its like, are you kidding me???

I'm not adept (to say the least) at using EXCEL, so here's some suggestions:

Computer type:

Operating System:

Browser:

Cookies/Cache Cleared?

In Private Browsing?

Logged In?

Deposited Reservation?

Searching for new booking?

Searching for shore excursions?

Searching for dining/beverage packages?

Luggage Tags?

Cruise Connections sign up?

Booked with Celebrity or TA?

Before or after final payment?

Error encountered?

URL?

Erroneous or Missing Information?

Please feel free to add or subtract missing info or make suggestions/corrections. IDK how to put a spreadsheet onto a thread. If you do, please feel free. I don't need the credit for starting the thread, but do have the IT manager's email address and once it gets going I'd be happy to email the link.

Good luck in your attempt to help fix the website.

Read through this whole thread, which is interesting. However, if the "big wigs" at Celebrity actually bothered to read these ongoing complaints about the horrible X website, it would have been addressed ages ago. It is apparent they do not, and have no concern with regards to fixing it.

Luvcrusn,

My thoughts are to start a new thread with subject title like "Post all current Celebrity website issues here". If we can get the Moderator to bookmark it like the way it has been done for reporting cabins for S and M cruise ships, that will be ideal. Even if it is not bookmarked, we should have enough new reports to keep it on the first page for a while...

You will start the thread with the suggested format that you have, and depending on each case we can put in additional information. Also to include rules that we are to post the issues, not reply/whine/ask questions, in order to keep the content clean and easy to read. When we have some contents (and we will keep building), then we would appreciate if you can send the cruisecritic link to the IT manager, cc the CEO.

I just hope CC does not ask the moderator to remove the thread because it is embarrassing for Celebrity Cruises, but it cannot be worse than our pages and pages of complaints that are on cruisecritic currently.

What do you think?

Thanks!

Just posted this in a similar RCL thread:

I've sailed on five or six cruise lines in the last two years and RCL/Celeb have the most hilariously terrible websites of them all.

The company obviously doesn't need a good website to fill ships and they don't care enough to fix it. That kind of attitude has to come from the top down.

It's 2017.

Just posted this in a similar RCL thread:

I've sailed on five or six cruise lines in the last two years and RCL/Celeb have the most hilariously terrible websites of them all.

The company obviously doesn't need a good website to fill ships and they don't care enough to fix it. That kind of attitude has to come from the top down.

It's 2017.

I think the new site was rolled out in April or early May. Speaking for myself only the Celebrity bookings I currently have were researched and booked prior to the rollout. I won't be booking another until/unless the site becomes user friendly. It's too time consuming and inaccurate in its current condition. Celebrity has been our cruise line of choice even though we've sailed others.

CEOOFVACATION,

I'll do it in the morning. Maybe between now and then I can figure out Excel

One downside of Excel is that it won't format properly when we do a copy and paste. An example here:

An error has occurred

Content not found.

For more help please call 1-888-751-7804

Id: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Time: 8/3/2017, 8:13:15 PM

CONTINUE

I can't even sign up for email offers. I have tried several times, sent a request to the contact us page, received a call back saying they signed me up but still not on the list.

How do you know you're not on the list?

I suspect you're just not getting the emails due to a spam filter somewhere. Depending on your email program and your internet service provider (ISP), there may be a spam filter at the ISP and in your email program.

Find out how to "whitelist" the following email addresses in your email program (tell me which one you have and I'll give you the details on how to whitelist):

News@email.celebritycruises.com

ExcitingDeals@email.celebritycruises.com

You will then get the emails they are sending you.

I signed up for NO email offers and still get the dam things.

Use the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email:

aXqXfeWXjV8CCUw8zq1HwjcxgC6joBRGhAtabXkdtPzgzTuNMuWV5kwPbM3rOP69WbhMbzAccohpeA1U9P_j7qJISU9kt1E_Ez04T1lmCPjM8nc8uG7r-HGkNxtNfCk8uWxb-f3zWTa5h8ARiLtEVinKybN3Up0nzmp7eYgmggbgcu1-EqYbJ0gVMGkqZufT9fsQldpYafESqPOUIkh5Dk4VKLMN2Y824v9c4pvSE8KGWmfobcix6mjv6R6sIQOVa5vqGDxuRhJ2VLwuvaLohcqwi58aRujBze18uF_Fh6Sqe5TPBPQpvjmkmJcNojs0hLKSCUJfqAEm_T4k44ysldV2gAJr24hsa8R2kNVhdMFfjL4ZewE5_XbwWTd17R5bAQvQy8Y0GmhcyARaiDnFYNrpp9fidLVKz8DbW9AEnawTQ_j8GTHl78L6GUJKqKxprS3OE3hsep-tqiE-00LKhDJGMN0eeUNe1jcyZj_8V8SOHw4d4GB7fRs5s5sS-jG3AZmoTrqFj_1QHiG8N8ezKXmUi1cjwIqI47-9I_v1t0YIEwdOLbX72ewG1Ep_zbrDDezIIsxI7ifDoicC5k0zXAwgJm-Bphpz23mAWKpOsk_2QjO0J2kVkgkn=w631-h481-no

Don't believe the old myth about clicking unsubscribe links only generating more "spam" email; all US and Canadian companies that use bulk email honor the unsubscribe requests due to the hefty fines they get from their governments if they don't.

I can't even sign up for email offers. I have tried several times, sent a request to the contact us page, received a call back saying they signed me up but still not on the list.

I signed up for NO email offers and still get the dam things.

You need to forward the e-mails you get to lais.

Use the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email:

aXqXfeWXjV8CCUw8zq1HwjcxgC6joBRGhAtabXkdtPzgzTuNMuWV5kwPbM3rOP69WbhMbzAccohpeA1U9P_j7qJISU9kt1E_Ez04T1lmCPjM8nc8uG7r-HGkNxtNfCk8uWxb-f3zWTa5h8ARiLtEVinKybN3Up0nzmp7eYgmggbgcu1-EqYbJ0gVMGkqZufT9fsQldpYafESqPOUIkh5Dk4VKLMN2Y824v9c4pvSE8KGWmfobcix6mjv6R6sIQOVa5vqGDxuRhJ2VLwuvaLohcqwi58aRujBze18uF_Fh6Sqe5TPBPQpvjmkmJcNojs0hLKSCUJfqAEm_T4k44ysldV2gAJr24hsa8R2kNVhdMFfjL4ZewE5_XbwWTd17R5bAQvQy8Y0GmhcyARaiDnFYNrpp9fidLVKz8DbW9AEnawTQ_j8GTHl78L6GUJKqKxprS3OE3hsep-tqiE-00LKhDJGMN0eeUNe1jcyZj_8V8SOHw4d4GB7fRs5s5sS-jG3AZmoTrqFj_1QHiG8N8ezKXmUi1cjwIqI47-9I_v1t0YIEwdOLbX72ewG1Ep_zbrDDezIIsxI7ifDoicC5k0zXAwgJm-Bphpz23mAWKpOsk_2QjO0J2kVkgkn=w631-h481-no

Don't believe the old myth about clicking unsubscribe links only generating more "spam" email; all US and Canadian companies that use bulk email honor the unsubscribe requests due to the hefty fines they get from their governments if they don't.

Not only have I clicked those links I have been in correspondence with them on at least three occasions

..........Can you then tell me why you are breaking the UK law, having

requested that my data is not used for marketing, and sending me the email,

dated November 12 2016 which is also below.

"Dear ............,

Thank you very much for your email into the Captains Club and please accept

my sincere apology for the delay in my response.

I can confirm that I have requested with our Marketing Department to have

your email address removed from our mailing list."

And more......still receiving them.

#caribill "get to lais."

who or what is that?

And more......still receiving them.

Report them then. They deserve the hundreds / thousands / hundreds of thousand pounds in fines if they are not honoring an unsubscribe request from a link (calling is less effective, not more, so click on each and every email unsubscribe link and take a screen shot of the results page that says you're unsubscribed).

Luvcrusn,

My thoughts are to start a new thread with subject title like "Post all current Celebrity website issues here". If we can get the Moderator to bookmark it like the way it has been done for reporting cabins for S and M cruise ships, that will be ideal. Even if it is not bookmarked, we should have enough new reports to keep it on the first page for a while...

You will start the thread with the suggested format that you have, and depending on each case we can put in additional information. Also to include rules that we are to post the issues, not reply/whine/ask questions, in order to keep the content clean and easy to read. When we have some contents (and we will keep building), then we would appreciate if you can send the cruisecritic link to the IT manager, cc the CEO.

I just hope CC does not ask the moderator to remove the thread because it is embarrassing for Celebrity Cruises, but it cannot be worse than our pages and pages of complaints that are on cruisecritic currently.

What do you think?

Thanks!

As a stockholder, I would like them fired if that is the case!

I like profits, but I like reputation and character too!

Someone hoodwinked Celebrity management on the development and implementation of the new website. That can be the only explanation. Clearly there was a date to go live regardless of the need for additional testing. A controlled presentation was done & management was happy. Not being able to book excursions and specialty restaurants is costing them $$. Just booked a private excursion....saved $$ and will get more bang for my buck!

Hmm, I see you guys are calling it a "new" website, but when I booked my first RCL cruise last week, it didn't take me long to run across the same problem I had on my X cruise in 2015: click the wrong thing and you're locked out of your reservation for a while. (Can't think of another industry (or cruise line) which allows archaic technical problems to stand between them and your money. What if I change my mind about an expensive drink package or excursion while I'm locked out? What if I decide to go with another cruise line?)

Anyway, they may have put a new coat of paint on it, but it's the same junk behind the scenes. That can't be helping matters.