Diamond vs. Diamond Plus

Even with the tunnel, the Port of Miami is not what most cruisers are accustomed too. Just different for many reasons. I was born in Miami and grew up for a bit in Coral Gables.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I actually find that horrible basically 1-lane road ending at a street light going into the Port of Canaveral worse now. Last time I used that (in March, on the NCL Epic) it was a 30 minute bumper-to-bumper slog to get in the port. With the tunnel you get put right into the port, drop your bags and go park in the garage. It's just a busier port, and you have to deal with local crazy drivers :)

I don't sail out of PC that often (living in South Florida, I have the 2 big ports to sail out of already), so only go through there every couple of years. I assume it's not generally that bad, and seemed easier if going to the far end of the road rather then turning into the light at the first set of piers (maybe RCL docks there).

John, really Laura and Bella make PC in October in MJ. JOHN is like me, the lady has the long shirt tails.

Unfortunately for Bella, kids don't inherit Pinnacle status from their parents like other levels ;)

I actually find that horrible basically 1-lane road ending at a street light going into the Port of Canaveral worse now. Last time I used that (in March, on the NCL Epic) it was a 30 minute bumper-to-bumper slog to get in the port. With the tunnel you get put right into the port, drop your bags and go park in the garage. It's just a busier port, and you have to deal with local crazy drivers :)

I don't sail out of PC that often (living in South Florida, I have the 2 big ports to sail out of already), so only go through there every couple of years. I assume it's not generally that bad, and seemed easier if going to the far end of the road rather then turning into the light at the first set of piers (maybe RCL docks there).

Royals Terminal since it moved haven't been a problem for us on last 4 cruises out of PC.

Don't forget the Wacky Seagull reception. Coco Locos flow freely. I think that's a MJ/JD exclusive.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Is John going to be on the ship? I thought you and someone were discussing him being on vacation?

I get into too much trouble with Coco Locos!! :o;p;p

And we are just the opposite. We would rather drive the extra hour to Ft Lauderdale (not Miami and only if we have to ) than take the shorter drive to Tampa and have to go on I-4. I'll take I 95 over I 4 anytime

From where I am, I am not really on I-4 that much. 528 to 417, then we are on I-4 only half the way (about an hour

of it). It's all bad...but worth it once we drop off our bags to the porters! ;)

Is John going to be on the ship? I thought you and someone were discussing him being on vacation?

I get into too much trouble with Coco Locos!! :o;p;p

I don't believe he will be. But the Wacky party kept going in his absence as I recall

Fantastic news although a little confused because in England anyone who is knighted it is done by HM the Queen and they take the title of Sir.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

This one will be done by Sir Shane...not sure if Sir John will be on board. ;)

Sorry, I am just being goofy.....I keep teasing John that he will be crowned/knighted at his Pinnacle coronation. :cool:

I think she's married, wouldn't that be an issue

Nope, C&A doesn't care, all they need is the same residence address and a verbal declaration.

Of course, you won't be linked anymore, so don't do this until Laura reaches PC.

You must have hit it wrong indeed. Have lived near the Port Canaveral area more than 20 years, and have never seen it backed up like that. PC is the easiest port we have ever cruised out of. Cape Liberty is the real nightmare. :o

I don't believe he will be. But the Wacky party kept going in his absence as I recall

Going to miss seeing John for sure. We really like him also. He had me sit next to him at the "Captain's Table" dinner

that he and Shane invited us to. I felt very humble for being asked. We had a great time, and both Bucky and I loved talking to him.

You must have hit it wrong indeed. Have lived near the Port Canaveral area more than 20 years, and have never seen it backed up like that. PC is the easiest port we have ever cruised out of. Cape Liberty is the real nightmare. :o

Probably. The traffic going to the end of the port was fine. It was turning into the area of the first 3 piers (NCL, Disney) that was awful. You turn into that port and there is a traffic light, with 1 lane for the road, and 3 ships worth of traffic coming into it.

Oh yes, I've done that port twice. Only reason it was ok for us is we were coming from my parents house on Staten Island and coming in from the other direction (over the Bayonne bridge). Since no one comes from that direction, and you are making a right at the light heading to the terminal road instead of a left, it's a lot easier. Actually, try sailing out of Manhattan with any decent sized ship. It's a madhouse. The terminal is built for ships much smaller ages ago (though nice going by the Statue of Liberty). The good part is, you're in manhattan so great for pre-post time there.