Diamond vs. Diamond Plus

You really should try it. We said after enjoying the SL and CK for our last Oasis Class cruise, we would never book anything less than Sky Class on Oasis Class. Very important to us as Port Canaveral is just minutes away.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree completely. We have to book at least sky class when sailing oasis and anthem class. Just love the sl and ck on oasis.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

I'm with this 100%. I would rather a 30% off beverage package any day. Not saying that I want the lounge to go away, but I feel this would help keep the congestion down during peak hours. In all honesty, I really don't enjoy the Diamond Lounge as much anymore. Sure, I'll run in for morning coffee or a quick question to the concierge, but other than that, I feel recently the lounges are so packed, it makes it less enjoyable. Not to mention, since I am on the younger side, at least once on each cruise, I will get smurks and comments from others asking me "if I knew that this is a private room for D/D+." I always just politely smile and tell them yes I do and let the curiosity get them. I'm not saying this is everyone, I have met some great people in the lounges, its just been my recent experiences.
If a persons card opens the door then its fine. What does age have to do with who is allowed to be in d lounge? Have seen concierges ask to see card when they have thought there were persons not entitled to the lounge. Don't know why some passengers think they are the police. Just enjoy your cruise.

On an explorer cruise last month the concierge went up to some passengers to see their seapass card. Told them that it was a lounge for d members and asked them to leave. The group entered up the outside stairs from the deck below as the gate was open. I don't think they were crashing but just curious as to where these stairs went. Now on this cruise there were no pinnacle members and just a little over 100 d and d+ cruisers.

If a persons card opens the door then its fine. What does age have to do with who is allowed to be in d lounge? Have seen concierges ask to see card when they have thought there were persons not entitled to the lounge. Don't know why some passengers think they are the police. Just enjoy your cruise.

On an explorer cruise last month the concierge went up to some passengers to see their seapass card. Told them that it was a lounge for d members and asked them to leave. The group entered up the outside stairs from the deck below as the gate was open. I don't think they were crashing but just curious as to where these stairs went. Now on this cruise there were no pinnacle members and just a little over 100 d and d+ cruisers.

You are right the consierge is the police to make sure it is only D,D+and P in. It is a perk we have all been loyal to RC to attain the benefit and i can't understand when people bemoan the fact that they don't like it.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

On our Rhapsody TA they used the Shall We Dance Lounge as DL overflow. Every night they had a couple of staff checking key cards as you walked in.

On Serenade I saw Concierge walk up to a gentleman and information him he was in wrong lounge. He was only Diamond.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Was that the one attached to MDR? It didn't last long. Maybe some problems with access. They were also toying with adding Wonderland like Harmony. I guess we're lucky that didn't happen

No, it was in an odd spot...actually I think that was the one on deck four. The other DL that I remember was actually on deck 6, directly across from the photo gallery. That was the balcony I remembered and had the morning coffee I enjoyed, but as I mentioned...no cocktail hour (was in Blaze). I think that area is now the Schooner Bar. Lots of changes from when I was on Oasis out of FLL, and when we were on board here in PC.

I agree, we had a fantastic Bahamas cruise on her in February 2016.

We love Orlando and if she came back we would mix a trip to Orlando and a short cruise on her.

We don't fancy the Majesty or going to Miami for Enchantment.

Agree...we had to do MJ just once...just to say we did it. IMHO not enough of the perks and venues we like (which are done well on Enchantment) and really don't enjoy the short 3/4 night cruises much any longer anyway. We decided we would not do MJ again. Have cruises booked out of Tampa now, doing the two hour drive just to enjoy Rhapsody and Brilliance (love the Vision and Radiance series). And no....really dislike the drive to Ft. Lauderdale, and won't drive to Miami.

That being said, we ending booking MJ just last week...go figure :rolleyes:...but for a special reason. ;) :D

Agree...we had to do MJ just once...just to say we did it. IMHO not enough of the perks and venues we like (which are done well on Enchantment) and really don't enjoy the short 3/4 night cruises much any longer anyway. We decided we would not do MJ again. Have cruises booked out of Tampa now, doing the two hour drive just to enjoy Rhapsody and Brilliance (love the Vision and Radiance series). And no....really dislike the drive to Ft. Lauderdale, and won't drive to Miami.

That being said, we ending booking MJ just last week...go figure :rolleyes:...but for a special reason. ;) :D

Hope whatever the reason you have a fantastic time.

Well Island Lady and Grapau27 - and the rest of this long-running thread - would love to sit and visit with all of you in whatever lounge they agree to let us use.

Usually cruise twice a year, having gone on the Navigator in March of this year to Southern Caribbean. Won't be cruising again this year. Looking forward to two weeks in Hawaii instead. My son and family just moved there and so a visit is planned. Going to fly directly there and back. Did enjoy cruising there 10 years ago on the Radiance but wanted more time with family.

Will be staying on CC and adding my two cents worth! Maybe they will redo the program and we'll all be surprised.

Aww...thanks! Hope to meet you someday as well, and share stories and a cocktail!

Bar is a big plus.....for the eight luck souls who get there first. The stage is cool as well.

Freedom ships have outdoor seating as well, as long as they are finished with scrubbers

Indeed that is why we love the CL on Radiance class ships also. Always fun to sit at the half circle bar, which is so conducive to great conversations. Like the stage, but sometimes gets a tad warm up there with all that hot conversation going on. ;)

We never have much luck getting a bar seat, sometimes we manage to get one if we come back after dinner but not between 5 - 6pm

We wait and go right at 6 pm as the bar stools empty out to go to first seating. Usually works for us. :)

I didn't realize you had sworn off of her. [emoji33] I'm sure you'll have fun.

I don't know, no one cares about bringing 3 bottles of wine. [emoji12]

Urrble....yeah with the wines they give us, plus ability to carry on two more....no problem getting plenty of time for drinky-poos on the balcony before we head to the CL at six to take advantage of vacating seats! :D