Diamond vs. Diamond Plus

Look, if I had something taken away from our cruise experience, that we had been accustomed too, we would be upset as well. The big ships are not our favorite. We find the experience must better typically on the smaller ships. The biggest driving factor for us to book on the big ships, is the the SL/CK.

If certain things go away that we enjoy, we are likely to choose another cruise line that offers the things we like.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Personally we preferred Central Park on Allure and Harmony.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

We are D+ so are in a position to comment and when you get to D+ you might understand.

CL are for Suite guests, Pinnacle and D+.

SL are for Suite guests and Pinnacle only.

On all ships bar Oasis class we can sit in a lounge frequented by Suite guests so it is a demotion for D+ on Oasis class ships when we are not allowed in the SL.

Yes but on the Oasis class you get a diamond lounge that suite guests can't enter unless they have achieved that status. I'm not sure what issue is.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yes but on the Oasis class you get a diamond lounge that suite guests can't enter unless they have achieved that status. I'm not sure what issue is.

Been Diamond for a bit, but before Diamond, our Gold Sea Pass card always opened the door in the Diamond Lounge.

I believe Suite Guest have access to both.

Wasn't aware of that but what i hear about the SL I'm sure they would have no interest in coming down to deck 4 to a dungeon lounge.

No one here speaks for other cruisers, most cruisers, all cruisers, cruisers with levels or some kind of status, or what others prefer. You only speak for yourself.

By the way, the SL has + in it on every cruise that I have used the lounge.

So is that not the case when suite guests frequent CL on other ship classes.

The SL on this ship class obviously offers significantly more perks so there really should be 3 lounges to accommodate the D,D+ and P.

The biggest difference I think is because you have far more Suites on the bigger ships, meaning a lot more Suite guests to utilize the SL. On the little ships as little as 5 and generally around 13 cabins. A bunch more Suites on bigger ships. The larger Suites on Oasis Class hold a lot more people too.

That's incorrect. Even if you are in a grand suite or above you have to have achieved diamond status to enter the diamond lounge.

Plus it is only on deck 4 on Oasis and Allure...

Harmony DL was on deck 4 for our 3 cruises on her in 2016.

A previous poster said his gold card let him into the DL when not a diamond member.

That's incorrect. Even if you are in a grand suite or above you have to have achieved diamond status to enter the diamond lounge.

Plus it is only on deck 4 on Oasis and Allure...

Not making it up. Always worked for us. I was even told the Gold card opened both lounges. Can't test anymore.

A previous poster said his gold card let him into the DL when not a diamond member.

Yes I had it backwards. It is not on deck 4 on Allure and Oasis.. Deck 12 to be exact. My bad.

Plus if a poster is referring to their gold card perhaps they aren't on an Oasis class or it was before the Royal suite class was rolled out. The big ships don't use gold cards anymore.

Haven't been on Harmony yet. I can confirm that DL is on deck 11 on Oasis and Allure until at least next dry dock.

In 2016, Gold card opened Diamond Club/Lounge on EN and Serenade. After that, not possible to confirm on other ships.

Yes I had it backwards. It is not on deck 4 on Allure and Oasis.. Deck 12 to be exact. My bad.

Plus if a poster is referring to their gold card perhaps they aren't on an Oasis class or it was before the Royal suite class was rolled out. The big ships don't use gold cards anymore.

Plum card for Sky Class on Allure. Two late to check as Diamond made the previous cruise

I'm Diamond and agree.

I don't believe many of D+ agree with that as from what I have witnessed in CL was they enjoyed hooking up with/ talking to PC.

Keep Lounges for Gold Cards only and give D or D+ a good drinks package discount. This would free up more public space for everyone to enjoy and would create a revenue stream from those who spend the day waiting for the drinks vouchers to kick in and enjoy dining out on the fact that they left the ship with a zero balance. Yes I do travel in suites most times and I have reached D+

Keep Lounges for Gold Cards only and give D or D+ a good drinks package discount. This would free up more public space for everyone to enjoy and would create a revenue stream from those who spend the day waiting for the drinks vouchers to kick in and enjoy dining out on the fact that they left the ship with a zero balance. Yes I do travel in suites most times and I have reached D+

I don't agree,the lounges offer a Diamond Consierge plus drinks,coffee machine and nice snacks as well as a quiet area during the day.

More drinks vouchers yes but the Lounge is a prerequisite for us and thousands of other D and D+.

I'm with this 100%. I would rather a 30% off beverage package any day. Not saying that I want the lounge to go away, but I feel this would help keep the congestion down during peak hours. In all honesty, I really don't enjoy the Diamond Lounge as much anymore. Sure, I'll run in for morning coffee or a quick question to the concierge, but other than that, I feel recently the lounges are so packed, it makes it less enjoyable. Not to mention, since I am on the younger side, at least once on each cruise, I will get smurks and comments from others asking me "if I knew that this is a private room for D/D+." I always just politely smile and tell them yes I do and let the curiosity get them. I'm not saying this is everyone, I have met some great people in the lounges, its just been my recent experiences.

I don't agree,the lounges offer a Diamond Consierge plus drinks,coffee machine and nice snacks as well as a quiet area during the day.

More drinks vouchers yes but the Lounge is a prerequisite for us.

I fixed your post since you don't speak for thousands of others, only yourself.

I'm with this 100%. I would rather a 30% off beverage package any day. Not saying that I want the lounge to go away, but I feel this would help keep the congestion down during peak hours. In all honesty, I really don't enjoy the Diamond Lounge as much anymore. Sure, I'll run in for morning coffee or a quick question to the concierge, but other than that, I feel recently the lounges are so packed, it makes it less enjoyable. Not to mention, since I am on the younger side, at least once on each cruise, I will get smurks and comments from others asking me "if I knew that this is a private room for D/D+." I always just politely smile and tell them yes I do and let the curiosity get them. I'm not saying this is everyone, I have met some great people in the lounges, its just been my recent experiences.

You will regret asking for that if Royal did away with the lounge.

People should mind their own business because you need your Diamond card to open the door anyway.

We had a free Deluxe drinks package in June on Freedom and hardly used it but when we did for glasses of Sauvignon Blanc and prosecco we ended up paying an extra $5.12 and $2.56 for a glass of each.