Diamond vs. Diamond Plus

Great idea we like the choice of both lounges and RC say we can share with Suite guests on most ships in a CL they then say no to Oasis class SL.why?

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Because of the size of ship and the number of Suite Guests and Pinnacles are much larger for the most part than other ships. I know the are at least 8 decks of Suites.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In reality it has...for D+ on Oasis that are not in a full suite. We do JS cabins on our cruises. Just enough room and save over spending on a GS or above (extra $$ equals more cruising).

On ships without an SL...we DO have a choice with DL/CL. Not in our case on Oasis.

Sure...ALL of us have a choice (if we can afford it) to opt for full suites. What about those that are on a fixed income or don't want to spend the extra? Good for you that you can afford to cruise in the full suites with your unlimited income!! :D

Very true,many D+ feel it is a demotion on Oasis class when on other class ships we can share the suite lounge which is called CL on them but not on Oasis class when they call it SL.

Suite guests, Pinnacle and D+ just like it is on other class ships when it is called the Consierge Lounge.

You know the Suite Lounge is generally frequented by cruisers with kids, people in swim suits, flip flops. Shorts even on formal night. I even saw people in their pajamas getting a drink from the bar. A much more relaxed atmosphere that many Suite Guest pay for. You think there would be any discussions about kids and dress code as soon as they let D+ into the SL.

The Suite Lounge is much different than the CL. The bar is open from 11am-11pm and for breakfast one may have a Bloody Mary with breakfast. It is one large room shared with the CK. You wanting access to CK as well???

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

The majority of the benefits of the Crown & Anchor levels have very little actual value... almost to the point of them being bullet points is moderately embarrassingly pitiful.

And even though there's no level name between Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club, there is basically a tier there of sorts in the middle at 340 points, and even one more at 525.

Here's the major points, and even some of these are arguably of little real value:

30+ Balcony discounts

80+ Diamond Lounge access (and 3-drink coupons/day)

80+ Priority Departure

80+ Daily breakfast w/specialty coffee

80+ Entertainment tour

175+ Priority Seating at theater, ice show and AquaTheater events

175+ Concierge Lounge access

175+ Behind the scenes tour

175+ Personalized gift/amenity

340+ Meal with an officer

340+ Solo cruise fare reduced; are now always 150% instead of 200%

340+ Upgraded bathroom amenities

340+ Additional "gift"

525+ Another additional "gift"

700+ Gold Card (privileges like access to Suite Lounge)

@700 Cruise certificate for 7-night Balcony stateroom

@1050 Cruise certificate for 7-night Balcony stateroom

@1400 Cruise certificate for 7-night Junior Suite stateroom

@1750 Cruise certificate for 7-night Junior Suite stateroom (and every 350 points hereafter)

I travel solo, and would very much like that benefit at 340 points. In fact, except for the occasional 7-day cruise freebies much later on, that's the only one I think of as any real, truly measurable, ongoing value to me. :) I started cruising with RCL October 2016 and will have reach Diamond level during a cruise at the end of November 2017, so I'll have the first chance to enjoy those few benefits on a cruise I have book in January 2018. If I keep this up, I might manage the 340 points in another 3 to 3.5 years.

When you get to Diamond you will appreciate the massive benefits of the DL with the free drinks and Diamond Consierge services.

When you get to Diamond you will appreciate the massive benefits of the DL with the free drinks and Diamond Consierge services.

Unless things change, that "value" is almost worthless to me. I buy the unlimited drinks package. I suppose technically it lets me buy 3 drinks a day to give to others. But that's about it, then. :) And from all the stories I've heard about overcrowded Diamond Lounges, I can't see wanting to spend time in them, anyway. We'll see.

I clearly understand. If one would like to have access to both the Diamond Lounge or Suite Lounge and are not Pinnacle, then book a Suite. To us, it means a lot to have a access to the SL/CK. It means so much that we will continue to book full Suites on Oasis and Quantum Class.

Ships have limited space as they are confined within the hulls. Would you like 3 lounges? A Diamond, a D+, and then a Suite Lounge?

You don't get the point that on the vast majority of RC ships Suite guests, Pinnacle and Diamond+ can use 2 lounges so to discriminate against D+ on Oasis where we have the option of just 1 lounge is grossly unfair.

You don't get the point that on the vast majority of RC ships Suite guests, Pinnacle and Diamond+ can use 2 lounges so to discriminate against D+ on Oasis where we have the option of just 1 lounge is grossly unfair.

Have you seen inside the Suite Lounge? It is one room shared with the CK. The bar is open from 11am-11pm. Great munchies are in there just about all day.

How do you feel about dress codes. Very relaxed. Swim suits, flip flops, kids and more kids. Pajamas.

Grossly unfair? I thought you can use your drink vouchers in many locations.

RCI has a very simple solution to that - no D+ in the CL.

Unless things change, that "value" is almost worthless to me. I buy the unlimited drinks package. I suppose technically it lets me buy 3 drinks a day to give to others. But that's about it, then. :) And from all the stories I've heard about overcrowded Diamond Lounges, I can't see wanting to spend time in them, anyway. We'll see.

To you maybe but not to others who value the lounge and Diamond consierge.

We have never not been able to get a seat in the DL as it is open usually 5pm till 8.30 pm every day for free drinks and snacks plus specialty coffee machine.

Ok, make a D++ and then D+ and D++ have access to Diamond Lounge (renamed D Plus). Diamonds get 3 drink vouchers that can be used at the other bars.

CL/SL reserved for Pinnacle and Suite Guest.

Is it more grossly unfair to limit D+ to one lounge or to give the Diamonds NO lounge as M.E. suggested?

I understand your point that as D+ you have the option of using the D/CL lounge. But if a ship does not have a CL lounge how is it unfair that you are not able to use it? The lounge no longer exists. How can it be unfair to not have access to something that isn't there? If you booked Empress where there are no lounges would it be unfair that you don't have access to two lounges? You would not have access to even one lounge. I don't think you would call it grossly unfair to not have access to a lounge that isn't there. You would simply accept the fact that there are no lounges on the ship. So why not accept the fact that on Oasis you only get one lounge?

Being D+ does not entitle you to access two lounges, it entitles you to access the D/CL lounges...IF...the ship has them.

Is it more grossly unfair to limit D+ to one lounge or to give the Diamonds NO lounge as M.E. suggested?

I understand your point that as D+ you have the option of using the D/CL lounge. But if a ship does not have a CL lounge how is it unfair that you are not able to use it? The lounge no longer exists. How can it be unfair to not have access to something that isn't there? If you booked Empress where there are no lounges would it be unfair that you don't have access to two lounges? You would not have access to even one lounge. I don't think you would call it grossly unfair to not have access to a lounge that isn't there. You would simply accept the fact that there are no lounges on the ship. So why not accept the fact that on Oasis you only get one lounge?

Being D+ does not entitle you to access two lounges, it entitles you to access the D/CL lounges...IF...the ship has them.

Very well stated.

Have you seen inside the Suite Lounge? It is one room shared with the CK. The bar is open from 11am-11pm. Great munchies are in there just about all day.

How do you feel about dress codes. Very relaxed. Swim suits, flip flops, kids and more kids. Pajamas.

Grossly unfair? I thought you can use your drink vouchers in many locations.

We are from England and dress smart all the time.We were invited to Buckingham Palace which i can assure you is nice.

Thanks for the insight into the SL which does sound nice so we will look at Symphony next year from Barcelona Spain to try it out.

Thank you for your answer.

We are from England and dress smart all the time.We were invited to Buckingham Palace which i can assure you is nice.

Thanks for the insight into the SL which does sound nice so we will look at Symphony next year from Barcelona Spain to try it out.

You really should try it. We said after enjoying the SL and CK for our last Oasis Class cruise, we would never book anything less than Sky Class on Oasis Class. Very important to us as Port Canaveral is just minutes away.

You really should try it. We said after enjoying the SL and CK for our last Oasis Class cruise, we would never book anything less than Sky Class on Oasis Class. Very important to us as Port Canaveral is just minutes away.

Thank you we are certainly going to give it a try.

Graham

Also Anthem, Liberty, Allure, Harmony.

And soon to be Symphony and possibly Indy. Heck, maybe even Mariner and Adventure.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

While not exactly fare based, Celebrity awards varying points/night based on cabin category booked. Much fairer way to "reward" loyalty, IMHO. So, Royal doesn't have to look very far to see another method.

mac_tlc

While I can somewhat see your point, if one goes with the assumption that paying more means you are more loyal, it doesn't seem to really be a way to reward "loyalty" to me. I guess it depends on what one considers brand "loyalty."

I would say the one who is "loyal" is the one who continues to cruise with the line, no matter what cabin class they cruise in. Maybe that "loyalty" might pay off in an upgrade at some point, which would be nice- but not that likely anymore it seems.

I don't know what the "fare based" extra points would be, but if they were double points- for example- one cruiser could cruise 2x/yr in a balcony cabin for 2 years and another could cruise for one week every other year in a suite and have the same number of loyalty points and extra perks.

I know, it's "pay to play" and if you pay for those high priced cabins, you should get perks. And I never knew there was a "problem" with how many Diamond and Diamond + cruisers exist, as previously mentioned in this thread. It seems it would be getting more and more to a "class" system where those who can afford it can pay to advance to the top quickly and those who can only afford to cruise inside cabins would have a very hard time climbing the loyalty ladder, especially if there were a cap on how many Diamonds and Diamond + cruisers could exist at a given time. Then those who paid could keep out those they didn't want in- i.e. those who can't afford the super luxury.

Does diamond plus on allure and oasis need reservations for shows ? I know they do for comedy club. Just not sure if the reserved section for shows is once you get in with reservations or don't need one thx

For us the change of lounges for diamond plus on Oasis class was a big loss. My husband doesn't like large groups of people and we had amazing quiet nice breakfast and lunch in the old concierge club. This made this ship enjoyable for him. If I booked above a junior suite it would greatly reduce how often we could cruise. No matter how they spin it this was a huge loss of benefits.