Diamond vs. Diamond Plus

We have been Elite + with Celebrity & when sailing with RC ships we get diamond level .

We have also sailed RCCL ships .How does Crown & Anchor add points ? .what is the point value for ocean balcony cabins ? We are doing a August 31 ,2017 9 night NE/Canada cruise on Anthem of the Seas & then a 7 night Dec 8 ,2018 Western Caribbean cruise on Oasis of the Seas .We always book a ocean balcony cabin .

Just don't understand how points are awarded . Can some one help us with that formula ? TIA

We have been Elite + with Celebrity & when sailing with RC ships we get diamond level .

We have also sailed RCCL ships .How does Crown & Anchor add points ? 1 point per night pp. in a cabin up to balcony. Junior suite gets 2 points, Grand Suite and above - 3 points. what is the point value for ocean balcony cabins ? 1 point. We are doing a August 31 ,2017 9 night NE/Canada cruise on Anthem of the Seas & then a 7 night Dec 8 ,2018 Western Caribbean cruise on Oasis of the Seas .We always book a ocean balcony cabin . You'll receive 16 points for those cruises.

Just don't understand how points are awarded . Can some one help us with that formula ? TIA

Enjoy! Anthem is a beautiful ship :D

We have also sailed RCCL ships .How does Crown & Anchor add points ? .what is the point value for ocean balcony cabins ? We are doing a August 31 ,2017 9 night NE/Canada cruise on Anthem of the Seas & then a 7 night Dec 8 ,2018 Western Caribbean cruise on Oasis of the Seas .We always book a ocean balcony cabin .

The points are 1 point per night. If in a suite you get a extra point per night. So in a suite would get 2 points per night. You also get a 1 point per night if you are Travailing solo. So the max points you could get is 3 per night Travailing solo in a suite.

For your ocean view balcony on anthem you would receive 9 points and the same for Allure 7 points.

Since when? We got reserved seats on Jewel last month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not on the Oasis class any longer and you must make show reservations (that gas changed). Used to be diamond plus didn't have to make show reservations but they do now. And, only reserved seating for star class (suites).

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

When did they change to 1 extra point for JS and two for full suites???:confused:

To my knowledge and the T&C´s I just looked up on the RCI website (I now not always accurate) it´s 1 extra point per night for ALL suites. No difference between JS and full suite.

When did they change to 1 extra point for JS and two for full suites???:confused:

To my knowledge and the T&C´s I just looked up on the RCI website (I now not always accurate) it´s 1 extra point per night for ALL suites. No difference between JS and full suite.

Thats my understanding too.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

They didn't. That poster posted incorrect information.

Enjoy! Anthem is a beautiful ship :D

The information that you edited into Mrcruisers post regarding the number of C&A points awarded is incorrect.

1 point per night sailed

1 extra point per night for JS or above

1 extra point per night if travelling solo (excludes studio rooms)

Not any more.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Forums mobile app

Not on the Oasis class any longer and you must make show reservations (that gas changed). Used to be diamond plus didn't have to make show reservations but they do now. And, only reserved seating for star class (suites).

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

The reserved seating was available of Freedom this past March and Oasis this past January so when did it change? It is still listed as a benefit on RCI's C&A chart.

We became diamond with our last cruise. What is the "tour event"?

It varies by ship and sailing. On Oasis one time it was a back stage tour of the main theater. On Freedom it was a back stage tour of Studio B.

The information that you edited into Mrcruisers post regarding the number of C&A points awarded is incorrect.

1 point per night sailed

1 extra point per night for JS or above

1 extra point per night if travelling solo (excludes studio rooms)

Ken,

I stand corrected and assume full responsibility for my mistake.

I saw a post lately where someone "calculated" how quickly one can reach "diamond" if travelling in full suites, and a 3 points per night was mentioned... It must have been indeed for solo travellers.

Ken,

I stand corrected and assume full responsibility for my mistake.

I saw a post lately where someone "calculated" how quickly one can reach "diamond" if travelling in full suites, and a 3 points per night was mentioned... It must have been indeed for solo travellers.

Sorry i posted that and indeed it was for a solo traveler.

For couples it would be 3x14 or 6x7 night JS or above to reach Diamond.

Regards.

Graham.

I have heard talk of a fare based point system in the future. Similar to what Delta is doing with their SkyMiles program.

Nights and pts will continue to be awarded as they are today with the addition of fare based pts.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Only problem i see is there are already loads of D and D+ and extra points will create more.

I think they should create new tiers eg at 250 and 500 because once you hit 175 for D+ it is a long way to Pinnacle at 750 and it would be something to strive for if there was sufficient rewards on offer.