Diamond vs. Diamond Plus

Does diamond plus on allure and oasis need reservations for shows ? I know they do for comedy club. Just not sure if the reserved section for shows is once you get in with reservations or don't need one thx

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You need a reservation to get into the venue. Where you sit after that is your choice, based on availability, of course.

If you do not have a reservation, you will have to wait in the standby line, which is usually admitted about 10 to 15 minutes before the beginning of the show.

For us the change of lounges for diamond plus on Oasis class was a big loss. My husband doesn't like large groups of people and we had amazing quiet nice breakfast and lunch in the old concierge club. This made this ship enjoyable for him. If I booked above a junior suite it would greatly reduce how often we could cruise. No matter how they spin it this was a huge loss of benefits.

Let's see if I got this correct. Isn't the Diamond Lounge in the same location where the old Concierge Lounge once was? The SL/CK was a lounge open to anyone. So your in the same space, what is it you lost?

Let's see if I got this correct. Isn't the Diamond Lounge in the same location where the old Concierge Lounge once was? The SL/CK was a lounge open to anyone. So your in the same space, what is it you lost?

Made to order breakfast and lunch. Beer/wine at lunch.

Plus the extreme hardship of now having to rub shoulders with Diamond level guests.:eek::eek::eek:

I think Breakfast, Lunch and maybe solitude. I was disappointed when they changed. But I'm a big fan of the SL/CK layout

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I think the point Grapau27 and I were trying to make is that there needs to be levels between Diamond Plus and Pinnacle. As it stands right now, a "new" diamond gets almost the same benefits as a diamond plus with hundreds more points as far as lounges are concerned. Doing away with the concierge lounge in favor of suite lounge actually took away from diamond plus cruisers.

Priceless.

Diamond Plus cruisers looking down on Diamond and Diamond Plus cruisers with fewer points.

Priceless.

Diamond Plus cruisers looking down on Diamond and Diamond Plus cruisers with fewer points.

Wow! Used to nasty comments on CC. Love how people love to twist comments and hide behind anonymity of a board. Bold print no less!

Just to put in perspective, have been cruising RC since 1994-95; no suites, earned diamond plus about 10 years ago. In other words, earned points the hard way; no quick, last minute cruises.

Fail to see why commenting on the huge discrepancy in points between a "new" diamond and higher levels of diamond plus cruisers is looking down on anyone. Bottom line is that many people think there should be additional levels and benefits between diamond plus and pinnacle.

Have enjoyed the diamond lounge on most of the ships, but agree with others that the elimination of the concierge lounge on the Oasis class was a big loss for diamond plus cruisers. Loved the quiet breakfast and lunch.

Have also met wonderful friends in the diamond lounge from many states and countries. Many of us enjoy the ability to meet and enjoy conversing just as much as free food and drink.

Diamond is sort of like making Commander or Lt. Colonel. Diamond + is liking making Navy Captain or Colonel. Now, making Pinnacle; that's like making Admiral or General. At least from a 'rank' viewpoint

Great reference points, thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Great reference points, thanks!

Gold (1st Cruise) = Ensign / Second Lieutenant

Gold = Lieutenant Junior Grade / First Lieutenant

Platinum = Lieutenant / Captain

Emerald = Lt. Commander / Major

Diamond = Commander / Lt. Colonel

Diamond Plus = Captain / Colonel

Pinnacle = Rear Admiral (Lower Half) / Brigadier General

Now these ranks give no one authority over fellow passengers, crew or operation of the ship. Most passengers would never pull rank over others because of their C&A status, right?

But for those who like to effect elitist & snobbish behavior owing to their C&A status & perks, the ranks suggested above will serve as a guide to such behavior aboard ship and in our beloved diamond & concierge lounges. ;-)

While I can somewhat see your point, if one goes with the assumption that paying more means you are more loyal, it doesn't seem to really be a way to reward "loyalty" to me. I guess it depends on what one considers brand "loyalty."

I would say the one who is "loyal" is the one who continues to cruise with the line, no matter what cabin class they cruise in. Maybe that "loyalty" might pay off in an upgrade at some point, which would be nice- but not that likely anymore it seems.

I don't know what the "fare based" extra points would be, but if they were double points- for example- one cruiser could cruise 2x/yr in a balcony cabin for 2 years and another could cruise for one week every other year in a suite and have the same number of loyalty points and extra perks.

I know, it's "pay to play" and if you pay for those high priced cabins, you should get perks. And I never knew there was a "problem" with how many Diamond and Diamond + cruisers exist, as previously mentioned in this thread. It seems it would be getting more and more to a "class" system where those who can afford it can pay to advance to the top quickly and those who can only afford to cruise inside cabins would have a very hard time climbing the loyalty ladder, especially if there were a cap on how many Diamonds and Diamond + cruisers could exist at a given time. Then those who paid could keep out those they didn't want in- i.e. those who can't afford the super luxury.

Very interesting post.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

For us the change of lounges for diamond plus on Oasis class was a big loss. My husband doesn't like large groups of people and we had amazing quiet nice breakfast and lunch in the old concierge club. This made this ship enjoyable for him. If I booked above a junior suite it would greatly reduce how often we could cruise. No matter how they spin it this was a huge loss of benefits.

I agree, apparently the suite lounge is much superior to the CL on other ships but the size of the new ships and the number of passengers they should consider a third lounge or section off part of the DL like they do with airport vip lounges.

You need a reservation to get into the venue. Where you sit after that is your choice, based on availability, of course.

If you do not have a reservation, you will have to wait in the standby line, which is usually admitted about 10 to 15 minutes before the beginning of the show.

Thanks for the feedback.

Wow! Used to nasty comments on CC. Love how people love to twist comments and hide behind anonymity of a board. Bold print no less!

Just to put in perspective, have been cruising RC since 1994-95; no suites, earned diamond plus about 10 years ago. In other words, earned points the hard way; no quick, last minute cruises.

Fail to see why commenting on the huge discrepancy in points between a "new" diamond and higher levels of diamond plus cruisers is looking down on anyone. Bottom line is that many people think there should be additional levels and benefits between diamond plus and pinnacle.

Have enjoyed the diamond lounge on most of the ships, but agree with others that the elimination of the concierge lounge on the Oasis class was a big loss for diamond plus cruisers. Loved the quiet breakfast and lunch.

Have also met wonderful friends in the diamond lounge from many states and countries. Many of us enjoy the ability to meet and enjoy conversing just as much as free food and drink.

100% agree.

The tiers at the bottom end are numerous but now with the advent of the bigger ships D+ benefits have shrunk and some new tiers above D+ with extra perks would show RC appreciate loyalty instead of pandering to the top money suites when some people might be cruising RC for the first time.

Why is it considered "pandering" when suite cabins are priced substantially higher than, for example, insides?

In the whole scheme of things isn't it about the total amount of money spent (lots of inside cabin cruises vs. less cruises but in a suite) regardless of the number of cruises taken?

100% agree.

instead of pandering to the top money suites when some people might be cruising RC for the first time.

100% agree.

The tiers at the bottom end are numerous but now with the advent of the bigger ships D+ benefits have shrunk and some new tiers above D+ with extra perks would show RC appreciate loyalty instead of pandering to the top money suites when some people might be cruising RC for the first time.

Don't see them adding new perks if new levels are added. Emerald could be expanded.

You will always have Suites and those willing to travel in this manner. Loyalty perks should never exceed those willing to pay. This is an entitlement attitude. Suites pay for the perks while frequent travelers get many of the same perks for free and you want more??

Don't see them adding new perks if new levels are added. Emerald could be expanded.

You will always have Suites and those willing to travel in this manner. Loyalty perks should never exceed those willing to pay. This is an entitlement attitude. Suites pay for the perks while frequent travelers get many of the same perks for free and you want more??

I am a bit confused by that statement. I have paid or every cruise that I have been on and earned my C&A level. What did I get for free?

I am a bit confused by that statement. I have paid or every cruise that I have been on and earned my C&A level. What did I get for free?

My sentiments too.

It could be your first cruise and you book a suite and yes you have paid for those perks the point most of us who have cruised 20+ times in my case 27 times with RC is they are not appreciating our loyalty after a certain point and they are potentially losing their most loyal customers.

Great idea we like the choice of both lounges and RC say we can share with Suite guests on most ships in a CL they then say no to Oasis class SL.why?

Totally agree...just because they renamed the CL to SL...like we wouldn't catch on to that move :rolleyes:...still makes it bottom line that D+ are kicked out of the other lounge. It was a nice perk to attain D+ and have a choice of two lounges...now that has been taken away on Oasis.

Not all of us want to blow extra retirement dollars on high end suites just to get back what we were enjoying previously. ;)

C&A benefits or perks, as you have seen may be adjusted, changed, removed at any time. Nothing engraved in stone. Same with Suite perks.

You feel it is an entitlement, you are entitled to them, but Royal can simply change them at any time.

The tiers continue to grow. Getting top heavy. One day soon people need to be prepared for changes. Creating Suite Lounges for PC and Suite guests is a step in the right direction.

Totally agree.

Made to order breakfast and lunch. Beer/wine at lunch.

Plus the extreme hardship of now having to rub shoulders with Diamond level guests.:eek::eek::eek:

LOL!! Very well put Bob. :D

And yes, we totally miss the old CL set up on Oasis with that nice sit down hot breakfast and lunch (that included

beer and wine). Was never crowded, and they did not even have to use the upstairs loft.