Diamond vs. Diamond Plus

I am shocked! Everyone i have ever spoken to are delighted to have the lounge and why? if it is unpopular do people constantly say it is overflowing and full all the time.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I am delighted to have it and several people I cruise with are but none of us speak for thousands of others or each other:rolleyes:

I am delighted to have it and several people I cruise with are but none of us speak for thousands of others:rolleyes:

Probably presumptuous on my part regarding the thousands of D and D+ but as you have just said you are delighted and so are several people you talk to are,i only speak for myself and people i have spoken to but the DL is the best perk for us.

Probably presumptuous on my part regarding the thousands of D and D+ but as you have just said you are delighted and so are several people you talk to are,i only speak for myself and people i have spoken to but the DL is the best perk for us.

It's a great perk.

I have never spoken to a Pinnacle member.

How would you know? I am sure I have had many conversations with Pineapples and not realized it? Some other diamonds have pointed them out to me, but many times after I had already talked with them in the DL. I do find the fascination with PC members to be a bit weird. I am far more excited to meet a CC member that I know from this forum, than a PC member who I will forget all about 15 minutes after I meet them.

JC

You will regret asking for that if Royal did away with the lounge.

People should mind their own business because you need your Diamond card to open the door anyway.

We had a free Deluxe drinks package in June on Freedom and hardly used it but when we did for glasses of Sauvignon Blanc and prosecco we ended up paying an extra $5.12 and $2.56 for a glass of each.

I'm with you on that aspect. I don't want the lounge to go away at all, its a great amenity definitely. I guess there are many ways to look at everything. I go to the DL for drinks some evenings before dinner and its great to snack and enjoy the company. Other times, I really like using the coupons to go to a different lounge or bar before as well. Since the drink package has been available, I would have thought that the DL would be less crowded, but now there are so many D/D+ that some cruises it is impossible to get in.

I am not sure what RCCL will do in the future, but since cruising is more affordable and each year there are more and more Diamonds, unfortunately I think we all know where this road might lead to. The lounge will be D+ and above and Diamonds will get the drink coupons and access to the concierge. I hope they can come up with a great solution, just with past trends, in my eyes, this is what I see eventually happening.

Let's not confuse things with names that have not been offered into evidence.:cool:

True. Want to bet? I would even give you odds. :') Same nonsensical point of view.

Is it just me or is this just the strangest Diamond/Pinnacle conversation ever? Seems to me that the whole Diamond marketing works spectacularly well, as so many people try to achieve that status. I admit to guilt on that count. I am less likely to sail with other cruise lines because of the perks. So much so that I booked the Radiance to Alaska next year, even though it doesn't have a flowrider and it is not as nice a ship as the new NCL ship sailing there next year.

Then we have people like the bet, who want to deny anyone who doesn't buy a suite the perks that they got because they were attentive to the marketing scheme. That just seems gratuitous to me. Saying unless you do what I do you get squat. RCI has lots of cabins to fill every week, and they try to market their ships to as many people as possible. Some people would never spend more than $200 a day per person for any vacation while others don't flinch paying many times that amount. Both fill cabins on RCI ships. As a shareholder I like full ships.:halo:

JC

How would you know? I am sure I have had many conversations with Pineapples and not realized it? Some other diamonds have pointed them out to me, but many times after I had already talked with them in the DL. I do find the fascination with PC members to be a bit weird. I am far more excited to meet a CC member that I know from this forum, than a PC member who I will forget all about 15 minutes after I meet them.

JC

That would be nice to talk to a fellow cc.

I prefer the DL and people that we have spoken to never mentioned Pinnacle although we have seen a couple with their Pinnacle badges on.

That's incorrect. Even if you are in a grand suite or above you have to have achieved diamond status to enter the diamond lounge.

Plus it is only on deck 4 on Oasis and Allure...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

On Oasis...the DL used to be a tiny lounge on deck four, but they had to use the lower deck Blaze nightclub for happy hour due to the larger numbers. You could still get coffee, snacks, continental breakfast in the small deck 4 lounge.

Then the CL on deck 11 was converted to the DL, having to utilize the upper level (loft area) for extra needed room, there by Oasis eliminated totally having a CL during that dry dock. The ship added the new program of the SL/CK for GS and above, which are very numerous on that ship with new varieties of suites.

True. Want to bet? I would even give you odds. :') Same nonsensical point of view.

Is it just me or is this just the strangest Diamond/Pinnacle conversation ever? Seems to me that the whole Diamond marketing works spectacularly well, as so many people try to achieve that status. I admit to guilt on that count. I am less likely to sail with other cruise lines because of the perks. So much so that I booked the Radiance to Alaska next year, even though it doesn't have a flowrider and it is not as nice a ship as the new NCL ship sailing there next year.

Then we have people like the bet, who want to deny anyone who doesn't buy a suite the perks that they got because they were attentive to the marketing scheme. That just seems gratuitous to me. Saying unless you do what I do you get squat. RCI has lots of cabins to fill every week, and they try to market their ships to as many people as possible. Some people would never spend more than $200 a day per person for any vacation while others don't flinch paying many times that amount. Both fill cabins on RCI ships. As a shareholder I like full ships.:halo:

JC

Our last 2 cruises as Diamond i booked JS to get double points to get to D+ for our cruise on Freedom in June this year.

That would be nice to talk to a fellow cc.

I prefer the DL and people that we have spoken to never mentioned Pinnacle although we have seen a couple with their Pinnacle badges on.

That is one of the biggest reasons we like having the perks to enjoy the DL/CL. We enjoy not just having a cocktail and a quiet relaxing lounge to enjoy before dinner, but the best part is enjoying like minded conversations with like minded people we meet who all have the same passion...we love to cruise and have a lot of stories to share! Have established a lot of friendships while in the lounges, and those that we still cruise with and plan cruises together.

We actually never used the CL on Freedom, except for morning coffee, since it was so close to our cabin. We preferred the DL for cocktails with the nice view up on the VCL deck. Once again...the perk was being able to use either lounge.

So much so that I booked the Radiance to Alaska next year, even though it doesn't have a flowrider and it is not as nice a ship as the new NCL ship sailing there next year.

I had the Explorer flowrider all to myself on a few occasions - it was a bit weird being by myself (just one staff there to watch) as we sailed out of Juneau but what a view.:cool:

Some wear their P pin - so you know they are P and their name.

Yes, some. Most don't from my experience. Although, I don't go Pinnacle hunting. The first time I officially met a Pinnacle was on the Freedom of the Seas out of Port Canaveral in 2013. It was, also, the first time we sailed with a diamond lounge and not just a diamond event. We met some of the diamonds who camped out at the bar in VCL and we met them, and they started telling me about the 3 PC members on our sailing. By the end of the week, I was introduced to them. One was a couple about 65 to 70 years old where they had both been truck drivers, and they wore all the RCI paraphenalia and fully embraced the PC champions badge. The other was a former government employee who retired to Florida who officially had his name changed to something that would signify that he was knighted by the queen.:eek: Not sharing the name because that would be just rude. What happens in the DL should stay in the DL. You wouldn't know this guy was a PC member by looking at him. However, after a short conversation it would have been obvious.

Since then some PC members I have met seemed just like another diamond until someone told me their status, most don't tell. Others are obvious. I would say Diamonds and D Plus are more likely to immediately tell me their status than the PC members I have met.

JC

Our last 2 cruises as Diamond i booked JS to get double points to get to D+ for our cruise on Freedom in June this year.

I did too on 3 of my last 4 RCI cruises. Although, I don't think the change from D to D Plus is as significant as the change from Emerald or in my case platinum to D was.

I am not sure I can justify my own actions.:o

JC

I had the Explorer flowrider all to myself on a few occasions - it was a bit weird being by myself (just one staff there to watch) as we sailed out of Juneau but what a view.:cool:

Nice!! :)

We also enjoyed that beautiful view on Radiance as we sailed out of Skagway. Very dramatic!!

That is one of the biggest reasons we like having the perks to enjoy the DL/CL. We enjoy not just having a cocktail and a quiet relaxing lounge to enjoy before dinner, but the best part is enjoying like minded conversations with like minded people we meet who all have the same passion...we love to cruise and have a lot of stories to share! Have established a lot of friendships while in the lounges, and those that we still cruise with and plan cruises together.

We actually never used the CL on Freedom, except for morning coffee, since it was so close to our cabin. We preferred the DL for cocktails with the nice view up on the VCL deck. Once again...the perk was being able to use either lounge.

I agree,the DL on deck 14 offered us some great views but it was rarely over half full on our cruise.

The leather seats in CL were comfortable and the consierge was good and did the commentary on the bridge tour but the lounge on deck 10 had no outside views.

We love cruising and you learn a lot from like minded people in the DL.