Adventure out of Bayonne

I am one of those cruisers who mourned the departure of Explorer from NJ. Don't get me wrong I will sail Anthem but I miss Explorer. All of a sudden I see that Adventure is leaving from Bayonne next spring. Booked a GS and I am as happy as I can be. Love this class of ship and can't wait!

I am one of those cruisers who mourned the departure of Explorer from NJ. Don't get me wrong I will sail Anthem but I miss Explorer. All of a sudden I see that Adventure is leaving from Bayonne next spring. Booked a GS and I am as happy as I can be. Love this class of ship and can't wait!

Explorer was our first cruise and I miss her too. I would adore her coming back. We are going on Grandeur in Dec for xmas -new years, but loved Explorer...

It makes sense for RCL to put another ship in Cape Liberty for the extended summer season to do the Bahamas/Port Canaveral or New England on a basic Fri-Fri schedule. Cape Liberty is an underutilized port with only about 9 sailings/month for RCL and Celebrity in the summer. Now there will be 13 sailings/ month.

Anthem covers Bermuda and Bermuda/Caribbean in the summer with a few 9 night Canada/New England starting at the end of August. With two ships RCL can cover just about anywhere folks can easily sail to from New York in the prime vacation months.

The voyager class Explorer was very popular from Cape Liberty. For many folks this class of ship has enough attractions - flowrider, rock climbing, water slides, outdoor pools, solarium, ice skating, Royal Promenade, specialty restaurants, shows, bars, shopping, Adventure Ocean, and parades to keep folks busy. Add in 3-4 ports and the folks in the northeast can have a very nice 7 day vacation without having to fly anywhere.

My husband and I also booked the Adventure next August. We are really looking forward to the sailing. Heard that the ship will also go into dry dock in the spring. We booked a grand suite and heard that a suite lounge and restaurant will be added. Very exciting. We enjoy the Oasis and Freedom classes of the RC ships. Not the Quantum class.

It makes sense for RCL to put another ship in Cape Liberty for the extended summer season to do the Bahamas/Port Canaveral or New England on a basic Fri-Fri schedule. Cape Liberty is an underutilized port with only about 9 sailings/month for RCL and Celebrity in the summer. Now there will be 13 sailings/ month.

Anthem covers Bermuda and Bermuda/Caribbean in the summer with a few 9 night Canada/New England starting at the end of August. With two ships RCL can cover just about anywhere folks can easily sail to from New York in the prime vacation months.

The voyager class Explorer was very popular from Cape Liberty. For many folks this class of ship has enough attractions - flowrider, rock climbing, water slides, outdoor pools, solarium, ice skating, Royal Promenade, specialty restaurants, shows, bars, shopping, Adventure Ocean, and parades to keep folks busy. Add in 3-4 ports and the folks in the northeast can have a very nice 7 day vacation without having to fly anywhere.

Flowrider was not installed till after Explorer left Cape Liberty

My friend and I will be on Adventure, June 1 2018. We have never been on this ship and we have never sailed out of the cape liberty port. So all of this cruise will be new to us. Anything you can tell me about the port would be great. We are arriving the day before and we are starting now to research accomodations in that area.

Would LOVE to sail Adventure out of Bayonne!:D

My friend and I will be on Adventure, June 1 2018. We have never been on this ship and we have never sailed out of the cape liberty port. So all of this cruise will be new to us. Anything you can tell me about the port would be great. We are arriving the day before and we are starting now to research accomodations in that area.

Come to the East Coast Departures board with your questions. Please provide the following information:

Number of people and bed size requirements?

Hotel budget?

Flying or driving?

If flying, port transportation budget? Plan to fly into EWR - transportation costs may eat up any flight savings if you go to LGA or JFK.

If driving, are you parking at the port or looking for a park/sleep with port transportation?

NYC sightseeing requirements? If you want to do NY, do it on the weekend post cruise when hotel prices will be less on Fri and Sat,

Any other relevant info like mobility issues, senior, age of children, amount of luggage, etc.

Flowrider was not installed till after Explorer left Cape Liberty

Hi Mo and Fran!

Yes - the Ex did not have a flowrider, multiple specialty restaurants, and water slides, but folks liked it anyway. The voyager class ships like Explorer, Adventure, and Navigator have now all been upgraded. Not sure about the current state of Mariner and Voyager, which serve the Asian market.