Margaritaville: 14.99$ cover on Breakaway only?

AlexandNessa

Update: the test is completely failing, I saw one couple sitting there the entire cruise. And then when my family sat down near the Chill Bar at a table just to chat and play a game they had the nerve to ask us to move to "make room for the incoming lunch crowd". Are they blind?

Yes, but technically if someone orders a plate of nachos and then has to pay the 14.99 + 18%, they should have to consume the entire plate themselves and not share. It would be akin to someone with the UBP sharing a beer with someone who does not have the package.

And if you take the nachos with you from Margaritiaville and move to another table and share them with anyone else, the staff will find you and kill you unless everyone who consumes a crumb of food from there gets their card swiped and charged accordingly. This cover charge is a great idea.

The place just doesn't serve food significantly better than I can get free all over the ship. Personally, I don't get it. But...I guess NCL marketing put deep thought into the concept and saw it as a money maker. I still don't get it!

I got off the Escape 7/15. It was still ala carte pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Got off the Getaway on 8/5 and it was $5.00 cover plus 18% gratuity. The place was pretty much empty during the whole 9 day cruise. I think most people were put off by the ala carte cost or they didn't know it was there.

Looking at the dailies, open hours were 12:00-5:00 PM when most passengers were still in port.

e139b0b8dc315d82d2c6df7afbd9ddbf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Got off the Getaway on 8/5 and it was $5.00 cover plus 18% gratuity. The place was pretty much empty during the whole 9 day cruise. I think most people were put off by the ala carte cost or they didn't know it was there.

Looking at the dailies, open hours were 12:00-5:00 PM when most passengers were still in port.

Are you saying that they charge a cover and then food is a la carte?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But he/she also said the hours were 1200-500 and the daily stated 1130-330. Maybe the poster is a CSR for NCL. 😉

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

The hours were different for embarkation day otherwise it was open every day from 12:00-5:00 pm for the rest of the sailing.

Update: the test is completely failing, I saw one couple sitting there the entire cruise. And then when my family sat down near the Chill Bar at a table just to chat and play a game they had the nerve to ask us to move to "make room for the incoming lunch crowd". Are they blind?

I wouldn't pay a cover for that restaurant. We enjoy going and having a snack. I wouldn't pay a flat fee to eat there.

I wouldn't pay a cover for that restaurant. We enjoy going and having a snack. I wouldn't pay a flat fee to eat there.

If it becomes $5 like a previous poster mentioned than I think a lot of people would have an easier time justifying that instead of the $14.99. Maybe you wouldn't but I think many people would.

If it becomes $5 like a previous poster mentioned than I think a lot of people would have an easier time justifying that instead of the $14.99. Maybe you wouldn't but I think many people would.

It's not $5. NCL would never make it $5.

Very confusing....the Freestyle Daily you posted shows a la carte and has different hours listed. Can you post the rest of the dailies? Do they show a cover charge instead of a la carte?

Save

Save

Very confusing....the Freestyle Daily you posted shows a la carte and has different hours listed. Can you post the rest of the dailies? Do they show a cover charge instead of a la carte?

Keep in mind, the experimental $14.95 cover charge for whatever you order only applies to the Breakaway for now. The recent posting of a sample Daily was from day one on the Getaway (GA) was to show how it hasn't changed on the GA yet (still A la carte pricing). Day 1 restaurant hours are seldom typical of the rest of the cruise.

I wonder if space_bar was referring to the nachos having a $5 ($5.99, actually) cover charge, not Margaritaville having a cover charge plus a la carte pricing? However, I agree with Moby, in that NCL needs to go back to the drawing board on the pricing. So far what hasn't worked is:

Complimentary - Too crowded people complain

A la Carte - Folks think prices are too high; restaurant empty

One charge covers all - see above

I wonder if space_bar was referring to the nachos having a $5 ($5.99, actually) cover charge, not Margaritaville having a cover charge plus a la carte pricing? However, I agree with Moby, in that NCL needs to go back to the drawing board on the pricing. So far what hasn't worked is:

Complimentary - Too crowded people complain

A la Carte - Folks think prices are too high; restaurant empty

One charge covers all - see above

I think a half way mark may be fair. $8-10. Would draw a crowd but not large enough to cause the bottleneck of the complimentary version.

I think a half way mark may be fair. $8-10. Would draw a crowd but not large enough to cause the bottleneck of the complimentary version.

Johnny Rockets on RCI started at 4 or 5 bucks and I believe has had two increases up to 10 for all you can eat. Much more limited menu than Margaritaville though.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

$14.99 is just stupid. As many have pointed out, the most popular thing is to grab nachos and a couple of drinks covered by the UBP. I would love to meet the people who pay $29.98 for an order of nachos.

I'm going on the Getaway in a few months and I'll bet it's switched over to this dumb cover by then and I will just go, grab some margaritas if that's still allowed sans cover, and take pictures of its emptiness.

$14.99 is just stupid. As many have pointed out, the most popular thing is to grab nachos and a couple of drinks covered by the UBP. I would love to meet the people who pay $29.98 for an order of nachos.

I'm going on the Getaway in a few months and I'll bet it's switched over to this dumb cover by then and I will just go, grab some margaritas if that's still allowed sans cover, and take pictures of its emptiness.

$29.98? That's not how much the nachos cost.