Margaritaville: 14.99$ cover on Breakaway only?

AlexandNessa

It's only a bad idea if people do not go there and NCL does not make money. They would not be trying it if their stats did not suggest that they could possibly make money. Only time will tell. If a land based margaritaville tried a one price cover charge of $14.99 I am sure it would be wildly successful but would almost certainly lose money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This doesn't work if you assume you already paid for your food. What I mean is when I ate there I ordered the Cheeseburger in Paradise. I would swear it was the same piece of meat and same bun as the burger in O'Sheehans, with the addition of the Paradise sauce. So I paid $6.99 for something that was already free. Now they want me to pay $15+ for that same free burger minus the special sauce.

All I can say is :'):'):')

I just smh about this test. Once they went a la carte, the places were pretty empty. The only exception is embarkation day when Haven gets it for free. Most people were getting nacho's. So, they've decided nobody can get nacho's anymore. You now have to get an entire meal, or pay $15 for just nacho's. We never went there anyway. The Margaritaville in Cincinnati closed due to lack of business. It's great for tourists, as a novelty. But, the food isn't good enough, at those prices, to have regulars. Most folks who did go went for the atmosphere, which the NCL versions have none. Hopefully the contract will be up before too much longer. I'd love for them to bring back to previous venues. Although, that won't happen, since they were free.

This doesn't work if you assume you already paid for your food. What I mean is when I ate there I ordered the Cheeseburger in Paradise. I would swear it was the same piece of meat and same bun as the burger in O'Sheehans, with the addition of the Paradise sauce. So I paid $6.99 for something that was already free. Now they want me to pay $15+ for that same free burger minus the special sauce.

All I can say is :'):'):')

Exactly! Now if it had a fuller menu like a land-based Margaritaville it would make a little more sense. If someone hasn't been to a land-based touristy Margaritaville they should know this is not close to the same.

As it is, just not worth it. Take your $15 and go to Food Republic. Order the Wagu Beef Sliders if you want a good burger taste. You'll still have plenty of money left over to try some other great dishes they have there:cool:

menu from 7/14 Escape. Only ala carte but we did use left over meal credits (yes it was a wate of money but some of our meals got comped and it would have been a bigger waste to not use for nachos, burgers , key lime pie) and the ubp works at the bar and restaurant.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for posting the menu. Looking at it, the order for three of us earlier this year cost $25. There is no way we would pay $15/person. I thought my burger was really good (better than the one I had in the MDR for lunch), but the year before I got fish and chips and it was the same as O'Sheehan's.

I don't know what the answer is here. A la carte wasn't working, having it free meant it was slammed. Maybe they just need to re-think this whole concept.

You can eat all you want in the buffet for free. Screw Margaritaville. Uptown Bar & Grill forever!

Same can be said for any of the specialty restaurants. Some people want options and are willing to pay for those options. Is Margaritaville worth $14.99 pp? Who knows but I'm sure NCL will figure it out.

• 2 weeks later...
Excellent question!

Hoping someone (who actually had only a drink in Margaritaville via UBP) will provide us with an answer.

Just off the Breakaway yesterday (Sunday, Aug 6.) The Margaritaville Bar is open from 12 noon until 4:00 PM and I ordered a "Who's To Blame" using my UBP on Saturday, Aug 5. No cover charge was applied. Also, I saw others using their UBP for various drinks at this bar and no charges were applied.

On the ordering drinks only, I was a little confused too as "cover charge" implies pay to get in. I've only cruised once before (on Escape) but if I remember, the other specialty restaurants were a la carte -- many with small plates you could order for just $3-$7. With a drink or 2, this is a fun way to spend some time.

So, here, if my group of friends and I want to hang out for a bit at Margaritaville with a few UBP drinks and decide to split some nachos to munch on, we'll be in the hole $90? LOL

Just off the Breakaway yesterday (Sunday, Aug 6.) The Margaritaville Bar is open from 12 noon until 4:00 PM and I ordered a "Who's To Blame" using my UBP on Saturday, Aug 5. No cover charge was applied. Also, I saw others using their UBP for various drinks at this bar and no charges were applied.

Did you see many folks dining?

On the ordering drinks only, I was a little confused too as "cover charge" implies pay to get in. I've only cruised once before (on Escape) but if I remember, the other specialty restaurants were a la carte -- many with small plates you could order for just $3-$7. With a drink or 2, this is a fun way to spend some time.

So, here, if my group of friends and I want to hang out for a bit at Margaritaville with a few UBP drinks and decide to split some nachos to munch on, we'll be in the hole $90? LOL

I would be very curious to see how they handle this. If they allow people to just go there and drink on the UBP without the cover charge, Then one person orders nachos, I would hope they only charge the one person the cover charge.

I would be very curious to see how they handle this. If they allow people to just go there and drink on the UBP without the cover charge, Then one person orders nachos, I would hope they only charge the one person the cover charge.

Sit at the bar. One person orders the nachos. There you go.

It's still $17.69 for a plate of nachos. No way, I don't care how many people are sharing it.

And when I go to a baseball game, football game, concert, etc., a beer can be $10+ or a hotdog $5+. No competition and a captive audience will drive prices up. If not enough people go there then NCL will either lower the price or change the venue.

Did you see many folks dining?

Actually, I visited the bar at about 12:05 PM with my plan to sample one of their frozen margaritas. Bartender said the frozen version was not quite ready to be served but would be ready in about 10 more minutes. A couple of other guests were at the bar at the time. I did not see anyone seated at the tables for food service.

I decided to take a walk around the pool deck to kill some time. I returned 10-15 minutes later and the frozen "Who's To Blame" was ready to be served. When I stopped by this second time, I still did not see anyone seated at the tables for food service.

It's still $17.69 for a plate of nachos. No way, I don't care how many people are sharing it.

Yes, but technically if someone orders a plate of nachos and then has to pay the 14.99 + 18%, they should have to consume the entire plate themselves and not share. It would be akin to someone with the UBP sharing a beer with someone who does not have the package.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app