Reflection - Lawn Club Grill ?

FiggyWig

I quite fancy some out door dining at the Lawn Club grill one evening whilst on our Italy / Greek Island cruise in September. My question is, would it be better to book online and in doing so commit to a date / time, but maybe get preferable exchange rate (£ vs $), but not know quite what the weather will be doing (95% it would be fine.. but you never know), or wait until we are on board, see if there are any offers to be had, but run the risk that there may not be availability on the evening we fancy it. ??

Any advice out there ?

TIA

Fig

I quite fancy some out door dining at the Lawn Club grill one evening whilst on our Italy / Greek Island cruise in September. My question is, would it be better to book online and in doing so commit to a date / time, but maybe get preferable exchange rate (£ vs $), but not know quite what the weather will be doing (95% it would be fine.. but you never know), or wait until we are on board, see if there are any offers to be had, but run the risk that there may not be availability on the evening we fancy it. ??

Any advice out there ?

TIA

Fig

We usually wait and see what offers are available onboard - haven't been disappointed yet.

They are usually not that busy at least not on our last cruise on the Silhouette. This was last year in September.

We just walked in all three times we ate there. It was so good we ate there three times on a 9 night cruise. I'm sure you could get a deal. It was our favorite restaurant on the ship.

If you are celebrating a special occasion or wish to dine at a particular time, then book in advance. You could receive a discount but it could be either an early or late time. On our cruise, there were discounts for the first night only. This could be related to supply and demand factors.

We have only sailed on S-class ships that did not have Lawn Club, but found the deck where Lawn Club would be to be exceedingly windy (in the Caribbean). Did any folks experience wind problems while dining at Lawn Club?

We have only sailed on S-class ships that did not have Lawn Club, but found the deck where Lawn Club would be to be exceedingly windy (in the Caribbean). Did any folks experience wind problems while dining at Lawn Club?

They have plastic sheeting drapes they drop if the weather turns ;).

one night it was rainy and windy while dining in LCD. The plastic helped a lot so once inside and seated, we were quite protected. They did offer blankets to a few guests who were chilly.

Hi Figgy:

I am on your cruise and thought about some of the same things about the Lawn Club Grill (and other specialty dining venues). Another point to consider on this cruise is the 22% VAT that I think will be charged for purchases onboard. We ended up purchasing a specialty dining package online at a discount, without paying the VAT.

We tentatively have our dates/times for specialty dining planned. For the Lawn Club Grill, we will look at the weather predictions when in Rome pre-cruise and plan to book for a decent night, if possible (we have dined there both during rain and when it is clear and it is nicer to dine there on a clear night).

When we board, I will head to one of the places where we can book specialty dining and hand them our list of restaurants/dates and times (when in a suite, you can hand the list to your butler). I like to get them booked the first day, if possible (and change as needed). We've been on cruises where we have had no trouble getting specialty reservations and others where they were sold out (or only had 5:30 or 9:00 reservations) by the time we booked.

Maybe we will see you onboard! :D

• 1 month later...
Hi Figgy:

I am on your cruise and thought about some of the same things about the Lawn Club Grill (and other specialty dining venues). Another point to consider on this cruise is the 22% VAT that I think will be charged for purchases onboard. We ended up purchasing a specialty dining package online at a discount, without paying the VAT.

We tentatively have our dates/times for specialty dining planned. For the Lawn Club Grill, we will look at the weather predictions when in Rome pre-cruise and plan to book for a decent night, if possible (we have dined there both during rain and when it is clear and it is nicer to dine there on a clear night).

When we board, I will head to one of the places where we can book specialty dining and hand them our list of restaurants/dates and times (when in a suite, you can hand the list to your butler). I like to get them booked the first day, if possible (and change as needed). We've been on cruises where we have had no trouble getting specialty reservations and others where they were sold out (or only had 5:30 or 9:00 reservations) by the time we booked.

Maybe we will see you onboard! :D

Lawn Club was our best dinner. We ate in Blu, the MDR, and The Porch. Lawn Club was the best.

FYI - your are correct about a pre purchase when there is a sale, you do not pay VAT.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums