Move from OV Balcony to Suite Guarantee?

Checking prices today for our October Oasis cruise, and since they are running Kids Sail Free, it would make the cost of moving from our D4 on Deck 8 to a Suite Guarantee (Category W) only $1,000 more. (It had been running more than twice what we had paid for our D4). Worth it or no? Our kids will be 4 and 2 on this cruise--first time we're taking them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Checking prices today for our October Oasis cruise, and since they are running Kids Sail Free, it would make the cost of moving from our D4 on Deck 8 to a Suite Guarantee (Category W) only $1,000 more. (It had been running more than twice what we had paid for our D4). Worth it or no? Our kids will be 4 and 2 on this cruise--first time we're taking them.

Money means different things to different people.

It would certainly be more comfortable for the four of you to have a JS. You will also have a bathtub, which could be good if your two year old has never had a shower.

Our kids both shower regularly, so that is not an issue. Going in a JS would get us to Emerald by the end of the cruise (not a big deal, I understand, but that much closer to Diamond). We've paid the same price for a D1 in the past that this W is now, but I was also so excited about how economical we were being at our booked price for four of us ... but wondering if it would be worth the extra $ for the extra space ...

Where can I find a list of the additional Suite "perks"?

Has anyone ever gotten more than a JS when booking a W on Oasis class? I assumed it would be a JS.

I just went from a OV Balcony to a suite guarantee for an August sailing on Oasis, and was assigned a JS ( as expected). The assignment was made within 2 hours of making the change. (happy with location) If booking a guarantee, I never expect more than the lowest category within the guarantee.

M

Has anyone ever gotten more than a JS when booking a W on Oasis class? I assumed it would be a JS.

We got a GS once on Monarch when we had a "W" booked.

Oasis class suite perks:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Suites/16049781_RSC_Trade_Flyer.pdf

I thinking I will call travel agent and inquire ... if they are offering any more OBC or amenities for moving to suite, it may be worth it! The extra space would be great ... just wondering if it is $1,000 more great, you know what I mean? ;)

I thinking I will call travel agent and inquire ... if they are offering any more OBC or amenities for moving to suite, it may be worth it! The extra space would be great ... just wondering if it is $1,000 more great, you know what I mean? ;)

Certainly only you can answer that question... the pluses are:

Extra space (with 4 in the cabin it would be nice)

Double points (not really a big deal for most but might be for some)

Minus is:

-$1K from you

We did the W for our next cruise in Sept on Oasis and we got a GS. A huge savings.