Jade Live- Norwegian fjords from Hamburg to Southampton.

Squick- I'd guess majority are German. Quite a few Chinese. North America is in the minority. Despite being warned that all schools were closed this week in Germany and to expect many children onboard I haven't seen many at all. Average age is skewed older (than my spry 50 years) :).

Trinity- lovely today. High 75- in the sun it was very warm. On the balcony this morning I needed fleece pants and a hoodie to fully enjoy my coffee outside. I do get a bit cold. We're from Michigan- today felt like a fall day (if that helps). Please remind me if I forget to post the weather each day. I STRUGGLEd packing for this trip.

Shipfriend- We have yet to eat at the buffet, but I'll let you know. I take that back, the soft serve was very chocolaty and creamy today. I'm not super picky with food, but I think the photos are a pretty good representation- that omelet tasted as good as it looked :).

Tonight we enjoyed a fantastic dinner at cagneys. The menu has skewed way back, but there was enough to choose from. I had shrimp cocktail, 5oz filet, shrooms and beets. I REALLY missed the grilled asparagus :(. Desserts were terrific of course.

Here are the menus

23d5fb01b75257e28006bca5690cdce5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squick- I'd guess majority are German. Quite a few Chinese. North America is in the minority. Despite being warned that all schools were closed this week in Germany and to expect many children onboard I haven't seen many at all. Average age is skewed older (than my spry 50 years) :).

Trinity- lovely today. High 75- in the sun it was very warm. On the balcony this morning I needed fleece pants and a hoodie to fully enjoy my coffee outside. I do get a bit cold. We're from Michigan- today felt like a fall day (if that helps). Please remind me if I forget to post the weather each day. I STRUGGLEd packing for this trip.

Shipfriend- We have yet to eat at the buffet, but I'll let you know. I take that back, the soft serve was very chocolaty and creamy today. I'm not super picky with food, but I think the photos are a pretty good representation- that omelet tasted as good as it looked :).

Tonight we enjoyed a fantastic dinner at cagneys. The menu has skewed way back, but there was enough to choose from. I had shrimp cocktail, 5oz filet, shrooms and beets. I REALLY missed the grilled asparagus :(. Desserts were terrific of course.

Here are the menus

23d5fb01b75257e28006bca5690cdce5.jpg

[...]

Tonight we enjoyed a fantastic dinner at cagneys. The menu has skewed way back, but there was enough to choose from. I had shrimp cocktail, 5oz filet, shrooms and beets.

Especially tht buffet was astonishingly good last year, more than enough choices at any time, and very tasteful food.

We've also been to Cagney's twice, really liked it, but seldomly, almost nothing we go to any specialty restaurants, since the included full.board food is already very good enough.

On the one hand I believe that the majority of guests is German - but in the other hand, I wonder, since this cruise terminates in Southampton, not Hamburg again... :)

Don't worry about too many children. Most German families would book our "home cruise lines" like AIDA or TUI Cruises (or MSC and Costa), since mostly kids sail free on those lines, or at a very modest price.

NCL tries to attract the German market more and more, and for us Europeans, they're All-Inclusive now, but at very high prices, especially for Fjords/Iceland. Less families can afford that, expect more German couples.

Just off the Jade yesterday. The Internet is the worst at sea. Days without internet. Does your cruise stop in Edinburgh Scotland? It is a disaster of a stop. Hope it's not on your itinerary.

We had a great time even though only two days of sun in 14. The staff is wonderful!!!

Order what you want. You are restricted to one entree, but everything else should be included in the package.

We could live with that! Is there lobster on the menu?

sent from Fire 5th

SFA- we use seawalk in gieranger. I'll post pics. Meals are exactly as Keith described. Lobster has been removed from all menus on Jade.

Granny- internet is clunky but so far about the same as most ships I've sailed recently. Of course, nothing compares to VOOM on rcl- it was faster than my home connection. I do expect to go completely off grid in flam and gieranger as discussed.

Sipping coffee on the balcony. It's chilly enough for fleece pants and top, but totally comfy. We just arrived in Kristiansand. We plan to hike (thanks to the poster who shared info on rvalden (again- spelling, don't want to look up.

SFA- we use seawalk in gieranger. I'll post pics. Meals are exactly as Keith described. Lobster has been removed from all menus on Jade.

Granny- internet is clunky but so far about the same as most ships I've sailed recently. Of course, nothing compares to VOOM on rcl- it was faster than my home connection. I do expect to go completely off grid in flam and gieranger as discussed.

Sipping coffee on the balcony. It's chilly enough for fleece pants and top, but totally comfy. Room service delivered right on time. We just arrived in Kristiansand. We plan to hike (thanks to the poster who shared info on rvalden (again- spelling error- sorry).

On the one hand I believe that the majority of guests is German - but in the other hand, I wonder, since this cruise terminates in Southampton, not Hamburg again... :)

Don't worry about too many children. Most German families would book our "home cruise lines" like AIDA or TUI Cruises (or MSC and Costa), since mostly kids sail free on those lines, or at a very modest price.

NCL tries to attract the German market more and more, and for us Europeans, they're All-Inclusive now, but at very high prices, especially for Fjords/Iceland. Less families can afford that, expect more German couples.

No need to wonder, it's mostly German cliental this sailing ;). This itinerary was originally scheduled to be a closed jaw (Hamburg to Hamburg). Late in the game ncl changed to open jaw (Hamburg to Southampton). In my opinion this is one of the reasons this particular sailing was so inexpensive. We didn't even book until April and then had the good fortune to experience multiple price drops before the 90 day final payment. Our German friends on the roll call we're also able to benefit from the drastically reduced pricing but it doesn't seem they could bid for upgrade.

Darts- welcome :)

Photos aren't uploading right now- I'll catch up with the pics later :)

It's so sad that we 'lost' you yesterday on our pub crawl, but all asked for another one. So we'll have a second Pub Crawl on our next sea day, so Monday 7th of August if you're interested. Meeting point again: Pit Stop Bar, Deck 13 at 2pm.

I can jump in and offer you internet connection when in Flam and Geiranger if you are interested in, I do have Norwegian Network while in port so I might be able to help you out.

VERY interesting thread so far [emoji106]

Cheers Oliver

It's so sad that we 'lost' you yesterday on our pub crawl, but all asked for another one. So we'll have a second Pub Crawl on our next sea day, so Monday 7th of August if you're interested. Meeting point again: Pit Stop Bar, Deck 13 at 2pm.

It was a great afternoon - I enjoyed chatting with all of you as much as the drinks :cool:

Hope we can repeat it next Monday.

We had a lovely day in Kristiansand. First we hiked through Benihana park to ravnedalen park. Enjoyed lots of sunshine and nice trails. We then walked back toward the ship and circled odderoya island which is an old fortress island with lots of war artillery batterie. We took a wrong turn somewhere on the island and ended up hiking along 100ft cliffs. The views were quite spectacular, but I would not recommend the entire loop if you are not physically fit as the unmarked trails were quite steep in parts. It's probably easier on the beaten track, but we rarely do anything the easy way. According to my Fitbit our Total walk in kirstiansand was 12 miles- mostly lovely wooded trails.

5efa589932b46903947b70cb0136f520.jpg

0f6e7aad58928e1440296dfb574fc72a.jpg

2ccbde32e79758f08f883130a6a420f0.jpg

Just off the Jade yesterday. The Internet is the worst at sea. Days without internet. Does your cruise stop in Edinburgh Scotland? It is a disaster of a stop. Hope it's not on your itinerary.

We had a great time even though only two days of sun in 14. The staff is wonderful!!!

Hi

We are on the JADE IN 3 weeks stopping at Edinburgh, please can you tell us why a disaster of a stop?

Thanks

joanie1699