Jade Live- Norwegian fjords from Hamburg to Southampton.

The best thing about clipper elb is that it is situated extremely close to port altona. We can watch the jade sail in tomorrow morning and can see her docked from our room. A stones throw away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don´t know if you have marinetraffic or something. At our cruise i woke up at 6 AM and we was docked in Altona. I don´t know our sail in time but it was before 6 AM. The turnaround makes the Jade the last cruises ( i tink all cruises ) at the sailaway. Maybe you will see only the bow but i don´t know exactly your view.

have fun in Hamburg, you can walk sunday morning to the fish market, there is live music in the hall and it is great.

Edited by Steff79

Thank you steff- I do have marine traffic app. I expect the Jade in around 4:30. I snapped some great pics this way of the breakaway sailing past one world trade back in April. Something about a sleepy ship meandering into port thrills me :)

We just had a lovely evening with some roll call Friends at block Breu. Calling it an early night. Walked back "home" and plan to soak for good long time. Amsterdam and the travel days have me needing to recharge for the second leg of this trip.

Ps- there is quite the fireworks show over the harbor tonight. Can our Hamburg friends fill me in?

Can´t find something about a firework today, only yesterday. I can imagine something with the hamburger dom at the heiligengeistfeld ( carnival says my translater, i´m not sure if this ist the correct word ) or tonight is pride night as part of the csd ( christopher street day, the parade is next week but the celebrations "pride week" are going for a week and starts yesterday ). I´don´t know.

A few years ago we flew to Venice at around this time, maybe a day or two later, and as we were flying across France and Germany (I couldn't say exactly where we were as there was no route map on the IFE system) we saw loads of fireworks going off below us.

I don't think I ever worked out what it was all about.

If you find yourself in Hamburg on a Sunday morning I highly recommend visiting the fishmarket. It's more of a farmers market set up except the band is jamming and the beer is flowing. I should mention this was at 8 A.m. Love it!!

f32c196be8488789a8d685172ff6a42d.jpg

6b8842878a27aaef3f6b4cf382b9be23.jpg

5179252c2505634382ac3d5c168d6d39.jpg

Ps- there is quite the fireworks show over the harbor tonight. Can our Hamburg friends fill me in?

---------------------------------------------------------

Following along as this Cruise is on my "not to miss" list for the near future.

Living in Hamburg and can confirm that the fireworks are part of the Hamburger Dom (Carnival) tradition. Normally every Friday night but also Saturday on opening weekend.

No fireworks for pride week yet but normally the Hamburg Rathaus (Townhall) will carry the rainbow flag from tomorrow on for the week proudly.

Thank you for your wonderful posts.

Happy Sailing 😊

Edited by lilly2015

Embarkation was long. I suspect a few things were at play that slowed things down substantially. First, we arrived at 12:15 (bad time to arrive). We walked from the clipper elb in 5 minutes tops. When you walk to the pier you enter from the west which accidentally cuts out the humongous line to check in luggage (3 porters only)-embarkation took us 1 hour 45 minutes from there but note that we cut out the luggage line which had to save us another 45 minutes or so. The line was not divided by status either. Haven, platinum, and the rest of us smucks.

We made it to grand pacific at 2:00 on the dot. So nice that ncl has a restaurant open at embarkation (pay attention rcl). Typical muster. Our luggage made it to the room before we did. Room is fine (mid ship balcony)- it's clear Jade has recently undergone renovations. Most of the ship sparkles- you can tell the areas left untouched. Dinner was good- typical ncl fare. We think ncl does a great job with dining. We realize they are feeding 2k peeps and appreciate the laid back atmosphere with a 24 hour option in osheehans (again- rcl wake up).

First impressions of the Jade are very positive. Tomorrow is a sea day and then we hit ground running.

Is anyone interested in the dailies? This itinerary isn't repeated, but if there is interest, uploading is simple.

Embarkation was long. I suspect a few things were at play that slowed things down substantially. First, we arrived at 12:15 (bad time to arrive). We walked from the clipper elb in 5 minutes tops. When you walk to the pier you enter from the west which accidentally cuts out the humongous line to check in luggage (3 porters only)-embarkation took us 1 hour 45 minutes from there but note that we cut out the luggage line which had to save us another 45 minutes or so. The line was not divided by status either. Haven, platinum, and the rest of us smucks.

We made it to grand pacific at 2:00 on the dot. So nice that ncl has a restaurant open at embarkation (pay attention rcl). Typical muster. Our luggage made it to the room before we did. Room is fine (mid ship balcony)- it's clear Jade has recently undergone renovations. Most of the ship sparkles- you can tell the areas left untouched. Dinner was good- typical ncl fare. We think ncl does a great job with dining. We realize they are feeding 2k peeps and appreciate the laid back atmosphere with a 24 hour option in osheehans (again- rcl wake up).

First impressions of the Jade are very positive. Tomorrow is a sea day and then we hit ground running.

Is anyone interested in the dailies? This itinerary isn't repeated, but if there is interest, uploading is simple.

One more request please....when you get to Norway, tell us how the internet is on board. This is our first NCL cruise and the package rates seem to be pretty high. Guess the new "Freestyle Choice Plans" are not available on Jade.

We probably won't have much time to watch movies, but which ones are showing on your cruise?

Thanks.

Welcome to Kristiansand. My hometown.

Your ship wil be docked right in the city centre, so an easy walk if you want to explore the town on your own.

Also 'Citi Train' and a Segway tour is available on the dock.

One more request please....when you get to Norway, tell us how the internet is on board. This is our first NCL cruise and the package rates seem to be pretty high. Guess the new "Freestyle Choice Plans" are not available on Jade.

We probably won't have much time to watch movies, but which ones are showing on your cruise?

Thanks.

From what happened to us, it should be OK most of this week, but the net will be dead during the day next weekend while they are at Flam and Geiranger because the mountains are in the way of the view to the satellite. Once they get back out into the North Sea for the last two days it will be fine.

We made it to grand pacific at 2:00 on the dot. So nice that ncl has a restaurant open at embarkation (pay attention rcl). Typical muster. Our luggage made it to the room before we did. Room is fine (mid ship balcony)- it's clear Jade has recently undergone renovations. Most of the ship sparkles- you can tell the areas left untouched. Dinner was good- typical ncl fare. We think ncl does a great job with dining. [...]

Nice to see the first impressions are positive.

Of course I'd be interested in the daily programs and the menus as well, at least in the included dining venues. :)

Since I am going to sail the Norwegian fjords in less then 4 weeks, I look forward to follow you and I'd be glad about great photos. [emoji16]

You really can look forward to an incredible landscape, the fjords of Norway are just breathtaking.

To the food/dining theme: I'm with you that NCL provides a good dining/food experience.

But also RCI has 24 h eateries on several ships, including Sorrentos, or Cafe Promenade (at least on the larger ships).

We've been on Jade last year and liked her, she is nearly perfectly sized.

I just found her to be too colorful before the refurb, much prefer the new style after the refit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Afternoon from a beautiful 75 degree sunny sea day. Let's see if I can address some questions:

1. We bought the unlimited internet package. Do NOT per purchase this. They have received so many complaints that one day is free (you pay for 9 on a 10 day cruise). According to the internet manager we should expect ZERO connectivity in both flam and Gieranger.

Jensen- we plan to hike to Rvalnden (sp?). Do you have any specific trails to recommend? Looks like quite a few to choose from. We are ok with anything 8km or less.

Shipfriendmax- I don't consider sorreentos food, and last year on the rhapsody from Venice park cafe closed at 11pm. The hours were better on the anthem in April, but we really think rcl should up their late night food game.

I think you will very much enjoy the jades new more subdued palette.

The guitar player in the atrium was excellent last night! We really enjoyed. He did a great Santana rendition. I suspect will be with him every night.

We skipped meet and greet (I'm sure it was terrific); but signed up for a pub crawl this afternoon. Looking forward to it.

There was an emergency evacuation this morning. German military helicopter. God speed recovery for the patient.

We have Cagney reservations tonight. I'll catch up posting the dailies now and try to get some photos of the ship uploaded tonight.

Afternoon from a beautiful 75 degree sunny sea day. Let's see if I can address some questions:

1. We bought the unlimited internet package. Do NOT per purchase this. They have received so many complaints that one day is free (you pay for 9 on a 10 day cruise). According to the internet manager we should expect ZERO connectivity in both flam and Gieranger.

Jensen- we plan to hike to Rvalnden (sp?). Do you have any specific trails to recommend? Looks like quite a few to choose from. We are ok with anything 8km or less.

Shipfriendmax- I don't consider sorreentos food, and last year on the rhapsody from Venice park cafe closed at 11pm. The hours were better on the anthem in April, but we really think rcl should up their late night food game.

The guitar player in the atrium was excellent last night! We really enjoyed. He did a great Santana rendition. I suspect will be with him every night.

We skipped meet and greet (I'm sure it was terrific); but signed up for a pub crawl this afternoon. Looking forward to it.

There was an emergency evacuation this morning. German military helicopter. God speed recovery for the patient.

We have Cagney reservations tonight. I'll catch up posting the dailies now and try to get some photos of the ship uploaded tonight.