Jade Live- Norwegian fjords from Hamburg to Southampton.

Hi brilliant thanks.

Please if you get chance could you just retake day 2 what's happening today. Just interested in the times of the morning activities. So far between 6am and 11am there appears only 2 options O Sheehans or the coffee shop. Our early riser will be devastated!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We will be boarding Jade August 9, same day you leave the ship so I was delighted to see this thread!

We will be in Haugesund on a Tuesday but only from 8 to 3 and intend to visit the History Center and church via public bus. I've been communicating with the Tourist Center but am still unsure of some details, ie, can both the bus tix and entry be purchased at the Tourist Center with a credit card, where we actually board the bus and at what time---so whatever info you can give will be greatly appreciated!

Also, in Alesund, is the road to Aksla open? We want to take the little train.

Thanks in advance. Have a wonderful cruise! Hoping for great weather for you and for us!

Carolyn

Yes, the road to Aksla is open and the little train is running. We were on the Jade June20th to July 4th, We had a beautiful sunny day in Alesund my husband climbed the stairs to the top of Aksla.

Your posts are great and very helpful . Looking forward to reading the dailies when you have time to upload ... we need to wait a year for our cruise with almost the same itinerary. Anyway! Enjoy everything!!!

Afternoon from a beautiful 75 degree sunny sea day. Let's see if I can address some questions:

1. We bought the unlimited internet package. Do NOT per purchase this. They have received so many complaints that one day is free (you pay for 9 on a 10 day cruise). According to the internet manager we should expect ZERO connectivity in both flam and Gieranger.

Jensen- we plan to hike to Rvalnden (sp?). Do you have any specific trails to recommend? Looks like quite a few to choose from. We are ok with anything 8km or less.

Shipfriendmax- I don't consider sorreentos food, and last year on the rhapsody from Venice park cafe closed at 11pm. The hours were better on the anthem in April, but we really think rcl should up their late night food game.

I think you will very much enjoy the jades new more subdued palette.

The guitar player in the atrium was excellent last night! We really enjoyed. He did a great Santana rendition. I suspect will be with him every night.

We skipped meet and greet (I'm sure it was terrific); but signed up for a pub crawl this afternoon. Looking forward to it.

There was an emergency evacuation this morning. German military helicopter. God speed recovery for the patient.

We have Cagney reservations tonight. I'll catch up posting the dailies now and try to get some photos of the ship uploaded tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jensen- we plan to hike to Rvalnden (sp?). Do you have any specific trails to recommend? Looks like quite a few to choose from. We are ok with anything 8km or less.

Do you meen Ravnedalen? A beautiful park just outside the city centre. Walkable to get there, but better to get some kind of transportation. The burgers at the cafe there is said to be the best in town. Lots of trails, I cannot reccomend any special. Some are easy, some are steep. Just wing it as you get there (or ask at the cafe or people you meet). Everybody will speak English easilly

Afternoon from a beautiful 75 degree sunny sea day. Let's see if I can address some questions:

1. We bought the unlimited internet package. Do NOT per purchase this. They have received so many complaints that one day is free (you pay for 9 on a 10 day cruise). According to the internet manager we should expect ZERO connectivity in both flam and Gieranger.

Shipfriendmax- I don't consider sorreentos food, and last year on the rhapsody from Venice park cafe closed at 11pm. The hours were better on the anthem in April, but we really think rcl should up their late night food game.

The guitar player in the atrium was excellent last night! We really enjoyed. He did a great Santana rendition. I suspect will be with him every night.

We skipped meet and greet (I'm sure it was terrific); but signed up for a pub crawl this afternoon. Looking forward to it.

There was an emergency evacuation this morning. German military helicopter. God speed recovery for the patient.

We have Cagney reservations tonight. I'll catch up posting the dailies now and try to get some photos of the ship uploaded tonight.

You are a gem! Thanks for this thread and to everyone giving such helpful info.

Hi brilliant thanks.

So far between 6am and 11am there appears only 2 options O Sheehans or the coffee shop. Our early riser will be devastated!

Other morning dining options are the deck 12 garden cafe buffet area that has a 6.30am early selection then a larger selection from 7 til 10.30. There is also the great outdoors just behind it that does breakfast 8.30 til 11.30.

If you prefer sit down breakfast the Grand Pacific dining room is open 7.30-9.30am.

I grabbed these times from the recent transatlantic dailies. If you search Norwegian Jade Dailies on youtube theres a whole video of them.

The food and service in Cagneys is superb. Apart from the food, the most impressive feature from the recent re-furb is the artificial wood-burning fires in the walls. They are so realistic, we had to look at them several times before we convinced ourselves they were not real. The fire burns in the wood and even sends sparking embers up every so often.:)

Edited by old nutter

The food and service in Cagneys is superb. Apart from the food, the most impressive feature from the recent re-furb is the artificial wood-burning fires in the walls. They are so realistic, we had to look at them several times before we convinced ourselves they were not real. The fire burns in the wood and even sends sparking embers up every so often.:)

Thanks. [emoji1]

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Lunch was good- service a bit slow (1hour 40 minute lunch)- we weren't in a hurry. Pub crawl was fine, but we didn't make it all the way- Amsterdam is still kicking my a** and we closed the bar onboard last night too. Here is some lunch shots- my spinach and mushroom omelette was better than dh fish n chips. Peanut butter cheesecake, key lime pie, and white chocolate mousse for dessert. Yum.

7646f5786d57a9fc7aeff245e1fbd438.jpg

ffe1565e98f98d8d59267150c44c19c6.jpg

eebc71c85bcc24814527e3433fb95ee1.jpg

54d1880817b6125b173fcad7753eab78.jpg

691ae4de85c941190a6f99082e8daea4.jpg

Out of interest, what's the mix of passengers on this cruise, nationality wise?

I'm semi-planning on a Norwegian cruise next year and wasn't sure what to expect from different embarkation ports.

Thanks!

Ps- there is quite the fireworks show over the harbor tonight. Can our Hamburg friends fill me in?

---------------------------------------------------------

Following along as this Cruise is on my "not to miss" list for the near future.

Living in Hamburg and can confirm that the fireworks are part of the Hamburger Dom (Carnival) tradition. Normally every Friday night but also Saturday on opening weekend.

Thanks for the clarification, great to know!

The Fjords are on my bucket list too [emoji8]

Yeah, for sure Sorrentos is no comparison to O'Sheenans, since this is a diner with sit-down-service, while Sorrentos and Park Café are just grab and go eateries more or less.

Nice that obviously on your cruise everything is fine with the food.

Another person I know has been on the North Cape cruise three weeks before you, and the food, especially at the buffet was very disappointing.

Hopefully this does not happen to you.