Star Princess 3/30/19 LA to Tahiti & Back - WTH?

cjmayes51

Sorry- I had to vent. I quoted yesterday a 28 day LA round trip to South Pacific on the Star Princess, via an internet TA I have used 8-9 times since the early 90's. BE balcony which is about $12,500 for the trip. They came back with a $100 off per person & a $50.00 per person room credit. Now I haven't been on Princess since 2004, pretty exclusive Celebrity over the last 12 years, but I just retired an wanted to do this cruise for years. But not sure I can take these savings - has this agency gone loco? :eek: Charlie

Maybe because of the sip n sail promotion?

It does seem pricey. I could not afford that many days at ~$447 per night.

If it's something you really want to do, keep watching the pricing. I'm sure the price will drop after the sip n sail.

No idea when this itinerary came out, but I know we have had the best luck with pricing when we book as soon as the itinerary we want is released. We book the cabin we want and usually I do not see a sale that improves our cruise price, but I always track my cruise pricing.

Charlie-As Coral said...yep, different TA. A discount TA should save you ~$530 pp on that fare. Yes, it is inflated due to both Sip and Sale and being 20 months away. Book and then watch pricing; if a better deal comes along you evaluate and rebook if advantageous.

Jennybenny-That's total rate, pp is half that amount. Not a deal, but not outrageous for this far out and with S&S.

dforeigner-Emerald doing 2017 and 2018. Star still showing on website as doing the March 2019 run. It was not part of the recent flip-flop redeployment.

we booked the march 2018 trip - BF for 5799 plus sip n sail - currently showes $5999

i have been watching the prices on the oct 2017 saling and the BF is 4399

Can't go in Oct, but hoping that our price for March will drop. If the price drops, I will take the lower price and give up the drink package if necessary as we do not drink very much and could get by to save $2800 per cabin.

we are also receiving over $900 from TA

Sorry- I had to vent. I quoted yesterday a 28 day LA round trip to South Pacific on the Star Princess, via an internet TA I have used 8-9 times since the early 90's. BE balcony which is about $12,500 for the trip. They came back with a $100 off per person & a $50.00 per person room credit. Now I haven't been on Princess since 2004, pretty exclusive Celebrity over the last 12 years, but I just retired an wanted to do this cruise for years. But not sure I can take these savings - has this agency gone loco? :eek: Charlie

I agree with previous posts. You really need to vent. Other TA's can give you a better offer.