Favorite Main Dining Room Food

joshandmel

I enjoy the Portobello Mushroom entree dusted in corn meal and panko bread crumbs. These beauties are the size of a hubcap and you get two and they are served on a puddle of a delicate cream sauce. I order this entree and a flat iron steak medium rare and always leave satiated. The Portobello entree appears one night only,usually mid-cruise, on the American Table menu.

Do not confuse this delicacy with the baked mushroom appetizer floating in bright orange mystery sauce. I know those are popular on this website but I think they are nasty. To each their own.

For dessert some nights I order the warm brownies from the children's menu with a side of ice cream which makes a lighter chocolate option over the infamous chocolate melting cake with its 56 grams of fat per serving :eek:

No one else will probably give you this answer - the pork chop on the everyday menu. It's SO good! It is thick and served with a creamy/white cheese sauce, green beans and a chunky applesauce. If you don't find anything that hits you on the daily menu, the pork chop is a wonderful standby.

No one else will probably give you this answer - the pork chop on the everyday menu. It's SO good! It is thick and served with a creamy/white cheese sauce, green beans and a chunky applesauce. If you don't find anything that hits you on the daily menu, the pork chop is a wonderful standby.

Sounds like the pork dish on the sea day brunch menu, my favorite! Have never ordered the pork chop at dinner but will make a point to try it on our upcoming Sunshine cruise...Thanks for the heads up!

We have a few....

The vegetable pie on the first formal night is very good:

36248357605_ec8fed0754_c.jpg

And I really enjoy the pork tartlet appetizer that night as well.

35442849113_f10830e4aa_c.jpg

The Nutella Tiramisu the first night is also excellent

36248358405_fe179f249a_c.jpg

And leaving from Baltimore one year, the port of call appetizer was a soft shell crab which was fantastic.

35855268890_9b393419c1_c.jpg

Living this thread but do the chocolate melting cakes really have 50 something grams of fat? :(

Anyone know how to get calorie counts for the current menus? I know some will scoff about watching calories in vacation but I work hard to fight my genetics & don't want to lose too much progress just for a few days indulgence. Although some leniency for me is fine. It is real life afterall. :)

Living this thread but do the chocolate melting cakes really have 50 something grams of fat? :(

We were told in the kitchen tour before the Chef's Table dinner and while they were demonstrating how to make the melting cake that there are 56 grams of fat. I don't recall if they broke down saturated vs unsaturated grams or the caloric count.

Anything on the "steakhouse" menu is good, both the kale and romaine Caesar salads are good, otherwise MDR food is very standard, approaching sub-standard... even the watery, puny lobster tails.

If you think otherwise, order a free baby lobster tail on lobster night and also order a lobster tail for $20 from the steakhouse menu.

Alternate bites.

...Indian Vegetarian Dinner (as an Indian, I can vouch for its authenticity & flavours)...

nchikk, though I am not an Indian, I do love Indian cuisine. Have you been on any of the ships that have Tandoor?

It is my favorite, but I would be curious to know your opinion of it. :)