Bringing on soda/water?

Farily easy considering they have a duty free shop selling water, wine, liquor, etc., after security.

Exactly but last time in June there was a RC desk at the top of the elevator with security wanting to confiscate beer.

We went back down elevator and put beer out of sight in our hand luggage then went back up elevator and walked straight past the desk.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Exactly but last time in June there was a RC desk at the top of the elevator with security wanting to confiscate beer.

We went back down elevator and put beer out of sight in our hand luggage then went back up elevator and walked straight past the desk.

Interesting. On one of our TAs from Barcelona (either Vision or Legend), they had a security scanner set up on the ship to catch alcohol.

Interesting. On one of our TAs from Barcelona (either Vision or Legend), they had a security scanner set up on the ship to catch alcohol.

This was Freedom 4-11 June 2017.

At the top of the escalator you walk 10 yards to the gangway door and they were positioned there with a table and a no beer notice.

A couple of people left the beer but we went back down the escalator put my 6 pack of Sam Miguel in my hand luggage and walked straight past them and along the gangway to the ship where no more questions were asked.

The moral is put beer out of sight.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

This was Freedom 4-11 June 2017.

At the top of the escalator you walk 10 yards to the gangway door and they were positioned there with a table and a no beer notice.

A couple of people left the beer but we went back down the escalator put my 6 pack of Sam Miguel in my hand luggage and walked straight past them and along the gangway to the ship where no more questions were asked.

The moral is put beer out of sight.

I've seen a similar setup in San Juan. I've seen a table with crewmembers right before the escalator. If they see a package from the duty free store, they ask to inspect it. Same "out of sight" rule applies.

Took two cases of water on the Anthem last week. (Luggage tags on both). Only one case showed up in our rooms. (First time that's happened.)

It was probably sitting out in the passageway and someone walked by and grabbed it. It's easy to do. Just like when they stack luggage by the elevator. People grab them before they are delivered to the cabins.