Caribbean Princess Technical problems will persist into NEXT YEAR

Corfe Mixture

I think the big question will be - which cruise gets cancelled in 2018 to accommodate the dry dock?

I hope not mine Feb 6 2018. I have a window suite which I've never had before ( trying to save a few bucks from a full balcony suite I usually prefer )and am looking forward to it. I hope Princess keeps us up to date so we can make alternative plans if it is cancelled.

Someone on the ship needs to take the Ultimate Ships Tour (UST). You'll get to meet both the captain and chief engineer. Ask them both what's going on with the speed issue.

Good idea:)

You'll find it in the Travel Summary under "Itinerary Change".

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you. First time I noticed itinerary change was even listed. I found where they said we would each get the refundable obc and why!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Amazing how many folks that have bookings on the CB have not taken the time to read the information sent to them regarding their voyage. Emails are sent as soon as the decision has been made to alter the itinerary. The cruise line has the right to make these changes at any time and for any reason. Usually, these changes are the result of situations that make the voyage uncomfortable, unsafe to passengers and crew, or there is docking or mechanical issue that create the changes.

Our upcoming B2B starting in September on the CB has had itinerary changes on both bookings. We were told right away via email and have altered our plans accordingly. The offer of the $50 OBC is OK because they don't have to offer it. If you figure there are over 3,000 passengers on board, that's over $150,000. Surely, there will be those that don't think that this is enough of an OBC to compensate for the change, but they aren't owed anything. It's a good will offer and if they don't like it.......sorry about that.

Amazing how many folks that have bookings on the CB have not taken the time to read the information sent to them regarding their voyage. Emails are sent as soon as the decision has been made to alter the itinerary. The cruise line has the right to make these changes at any time and for any reason. Usually, these changes are the result of situations that make the voyage uncomfortable, unsafe to passengers and crew, or there is docking or mechanical issue that create the changes.

Our upcoming B2B starting in September on the CB has had itinerary changes on both bookings. We were told right away via email and have altered our plans accordingly. The offer of the $50 OBC is OK because they don't have to offer it. If you figure there are over 3,000 passengers on board, that's over $150,000. Surely, there will be those that don't think that this is enough of an OBC to compensate for the change, but they aren't owed anything. It's a good will offer and if they don't like it.......sorry about that.

Not everyone received the email. It seems like if you booked via TA, the notice went to the TA.

Judgemental much?

Not everyone received the email. It seems like if you booked via TA, the notice went to the TA.

Judgemental much?

Yeah, maybe I'm am being judgemental in regards to folks doing their homework. Notifications of itinerary changes or any other changes and updates in reference to a specific booking are sent by Princess if the passenger has filled out the contact information completely on the Princess website under their booking information.

I wouldn't rely on a TA or even our PVP to notify us of a change in the booking if I needed to see it quickly. I'm sure the TA has more than one booking on their plate and they are busy getting more. As good as our Princess Vacation Planner is, and she is the best, by the way, she might not get the information and pass it along as quickly as we are getting information on an almost daily basis directly from Princess.

A TA gets a commission for the work they do servicing a client. It's their job to communicate things like itinerary changes to their clients.

If you book with a PVP you're treated like any one else who books directly with Princess, and the notices go to you.

Princess also puts a copy of the message in your online Cruise Personalizer, no matter how you booked.

A TA gets a commission for the work they do servicing a client. It's their job to communicate things like itinerary changes to their clients.

Not if you book with a big box company as I had done. They told me they get too many emails per day and can't possibly contact their clients. Many TA"S are really just a booking venue for OBC and do not service the booking.

I rely on cruise critic to hear about the changes. I am pro active. I heard about an itinerary change last month on my Alaska cruise. I read it here on cruise critic. I had already re booked my shore excursion in Juneau before I got a email from travel agent. Travel agent admitted to dropping the ball. Go Cruise Critic

I rely on cruise critic to hear about the changes. I am pro active. I heard about an itinerary change last month on my Alaska cruise. I read it here on cruise critic. I had already re booked my shore excursion in Juneau before I got a email from travel agent. Travel agent admitted to dropping the ball. Go Cruise Critic

As I mentioned above, if you have filled out the Cruise Personalizer completely giving your email as a path to get announcements regarding itinerary changes, in this case, you will get the email right away. We constantly check the booking information anyway, looking for any other changes and also use CC to follow how any of these changes impact others and how we might learn something from that.

I certainly wouldn't rely completely on any TA to get me immediate information regarding changes to the itinerary. As I said before, they have lots on their plate and more fish to catch. Do your own homework to the point of being anal and you'll never be surprised.

As I mentioned above, if you have filled out the Cruise Personalizer completely giving your email as a path to get announcements regarding itinerary changes, in this case, you will get the email right away. We constantly check the booking information anyway, looking for any other changes and also use CC to follow how any of these changes impact others and how we might learn something from that.

I certainly wouldn't rely completely on any TA to get me immediate information regarding changes to the itinerary. As I said before, they have lots on their plate and more fish to catch. Do your own homework to the point of being anal and you'll never be surprised.

Mine was filled out completely but I never got an email. I found out here and called my TA who called Princess. Now I see it under itinerary changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are going on a British Isle cruise leaving August 29th on the Caribbean and have not had any changes to our itinerary or any emails. Has anyone been on the ship recently and had any noticeable problems while aboard?

We are going on a British Isle cruise leaving August 29th on the Caribbean and have not had any changes to our itinerary or any emails. Has anyone been on the ship recently and had any noticeable problems while aboard?

For this itinerary they don't need to sail at full speed so that itinerary hasn't changed. We're on the Sept. 10 British Isles/TA, and our TA portion has changed a lot because of the speed limits.

We book through Princess and get the modified port call messages. We are on a cruise (not CB) in March and have already received one notice of port time changes. We were on the CB last spring and they had to alter the ports dropping 2 and adding 1. It was a disappointment but they helped us with OBC on that sailing and a FCC for a future cruise in the coming year. I along with many others took care of that FCC the next day!

Sometimes we see it on CC first and sometimes in our email. We will be on the CB in November 2018 so I hope they get their problem fixed by then.

You would think there would be some urgency in getting this problem fixed. At ~3,600 passengers and $50 per person in OBC, this is costing Princess $180,000 per cruise. Considering how many cruises are affected this adds up to real money.

Yes but think of all the port fees they save, along with reduced usage of bunker fuel for cruising, this slower cruising speed is a money maker for the line.

The itinerary for the 1-13-18 Caribbean Princess has been changed again.

Yes, they are moving St Maarten to the 17th, taking away Antigua, adding St Thomas on the 16th, arriving an hour later at Princess Cays on the 14th and giving everyone $50 OBC.