What does it mean when the price drops?

Hi! I've been saving up for a Royal Caribbean cruise that still won't be for another 11 months. Throughout July, the price stayed consistent. I've been keeping my eyes on it, and last time I checked, the starting price dropped. My guess it's because of the current Back to Cruise sale, but I'm not sure.

What does it typically mean whenever the price drops on a cruise? Low demand? Or does that mean everyone's quickly gonna fill it up? Is it just fluctuating?

Prices go up then prices go down. Book it now to get the cabin you want and watch for price drops. Any price drop you see for the category you are in can be repriced with just a phone call. We have called as many as three times over a year to lock in the new prices we see. Book with the cruise line to get what they are offering and you can still transfer to a travel agent up to 60 days to pick up any grats. obc or specialty dinning they are offering and still keep anything Royal gives you. happy cruising

Two months ago, we booked our cruise on IOS out of Southampton for October 2018. I have kept an eye on the prices since and, to my amazement this morning, the price dropped almost $100! This will be our 12th cruise and the first time I have seen our price drop. Called our TA and done. We are planning a 5 day road trip through England after the cruise and the savings will put more money in our pockets for that. Cool beans!

Hi! I've been saving up for a Royal Caribbean cruise that still won't be for another 11 months. Throughout July, the price stayed consistent. I've been keeping my eyes on it, and last time I checked, the starting price dropped. My guess it's because of the current Back to Cruise sale, but I'm not sure.

What does it typically mean whenever the price drops on a cruise? Low demand? Or does that mean everyone's quickly gonna fill it up? Is it just fluctuating?

If the ship is filling up faster than expected, the price will go up. If the ship is filling up slower than expected, the price will drop.

Prices go up then prices go down. Book it now to get the cabin you want and watch for price drops. Any price drop you see for the category you are in can be repriced with just a phone call. We have called as many as three times over a year to lock in the new prices we see. Book with the cruise line to get what they are offering and you can still transfer to a travel agent up to 60 days to pick up any grats. obc or specialty dinning they are offering and still keep anything Royal gives you. happy cruising

This assumes you are booking under North American rules. Rules in other places are different and may not allow repricing.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Forums mobile app

Take advantage of the price drops whenever possible.

It will change -- buy low...and monitor.

It's harder now to do changes because of the refundable/nonrefundable deposits...so read the fine print of what you can and cannot do.

I bought Anthem for next March for $4700 for 4 and with a previous sale (kids sale free, etc..) it's now $3700 -- with this new sale, no rooms are available for 4, so I lucked out for sure.

I just called RCC to take advantage of newest sale (going on HOS in Oct 2018). When I booked the deposit was refundable - so when I called they said if I changed the deposit to non-refundable I would save $194! plus get $100 OBC. I went for it - we are going for my husbands 40th bday so I didn't care of my deposit was refundable or non-refundable :)

I just called RCC to take advantage of newest sale (going on HOS in Oct 2018). When I booked the deposit was refundable - so when I called they said if I changed the deposit to non-refundable I would save $194! plus get $100 OBC. I went for it - we are going for my husbands 40th bday so I didn't care of my deposit was refundable or non-refundable :)

How much are deposits usually, and how long after booking do you pay them, on top of other costs - final payment (which I know), etc.?

How much are deposits usually, and how long after booking do you pay them, on top of other costs - final payment (which I know), etc.?

Deposit was $500 - paid right at booking. Final payment will be due in July of next year I believe for the Oct sailing.

Between deposits, booking and final payment, what else have you gotta pay for besides excursions, show reservations, etc.?

Annoying...

You seem to have a Royal Caribbean cruise history and it looks like you sailed on the Allure just last year and the Oasis of the Seas 3 times.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2379907

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2248578

Why are you asking such basic "rookie" questions like someone who has never cruised before?

You seem to have a Royal Caribbean cruise history and it looks like you sailed on the Allure just last year and the Oasis of the Seas 3 times.

Yes, but I'm not at all the one who books them, so I don't exactly know how that process works. This one that I'm saving for will be my first time doing that.

One you pay the deposit, everything is optional until final payment. Anything you reserve ahead of time that had a cost, you pay for right away, our you have the option to purchase on board.

You can also make as many payments as you want to reduce the balance owing for your final payment.

One you pay the deposit, everything is optional until final payment. Anything you reserve ahead of time that had a cost, you pay for right away, our you have the option to purchase on board.

You can also make as many payments as you want to reduce the balance owing for your final payment.

OK, so it goes:

- Deposits

- Booking

- Excursions, show reservations, airfare, etc.

- Final payment (can be reduced with payments)