Future Cruise Deposit

HELENPSL

unfortunately, as far as I know, there is not..... I wish I had an extra FCD, as I used my last 2 for 2018 and 2019 cruises, BUT, ya never know when there is a deal too good to pass up!I will watch this thread in case someone has some insight or info re FCD.....

Does anyone know if you can make a future cruise deposit if you're not onboard? Any way to do this online? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Any future cruise deposits purchased on board ( I keep two on hand in case of good deals and to book early) can be used when you get home. You do not need to book and use them while on board.

Does anyone know if you can make a future cruise deposit if you're not onboard? Any way to do this online? Thanks!

I may have misread your question.

Are you asking if it is possible to GET any FCD if not onboard?

OR can you use an FCD to book if you are not onboard. If this second case, you can call your travel agent or HAL to make a booking and ask for your FCD to be applied as deposit. They will have a record of what is linked to your mariner number(s) - including any available unused FCD's.

I thought you meant is it possible to PURCHASE FCD's if not on board.

Any future cruise deposits purchased on board ( I keep two on hand in case of good deals and to book early) can be used when you get home. You do not need to book and use them while on board.
I didn't realize you didn't have to specify a booking when making a future cruise deposit. That's helpful. What's your strategy to make the most of them?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I may have misread your question.

Are you asking if it is possible to GET any FCD if not onboard?

OR can you use an FCD to book if you are not onboard. If this second case, you can call your travel agent or HAL to make a booking and ask for your FCD to be applied as deposit. They will have a record of what is linked to your mariner number(s) - including any available unused FCD's.

I thought you meant is it possible to PURCHASE FCD's if not on board.

I don't have any FCD's left and wanted to purchase a couple now. I'm getting the impression that there's no way to do this unless you're actually onboard. I guess I'll have to wait for our Thanksgiving cruise to make the purchase. We usually book a future cruise while onboard so I'll make the deposit as soon as we get on the ship and use it for the future cruise in 2018. Thanks for your help.

I don't have any FCD's left and wanted to purchase a couple now. I'm getting the impression that there's no way to do this unless you're actually onboard. I guess I'll have to wait for our Thanksgiving cruise to make the purchase. We usually book a future cruise while onboard so I'll make the deposit as soon as we get on the ship and use it for the future cruise in 2018. Thanks for your help.

So I did interpret your question correctly the first time!

I used to buy one FCD for each of us to have on hand, now I buy 2 FCD's per each of us, and I have now run out! Looks like I have to up the nte next time.

Does anyone know if you can make a future cruise deposit if you're not onboard? Any way to do this online? Thanks

Helen, the only way to obtain one when not on a HAL cruise is to know someone going on a HAL cruise who is willing to obtain one on your behalf. If you don't know someone sailing earlier than our Oct 5 cruise, you have my e-mail.

Arie

I didn't realize you didn't have to specify a booking when making a future cruise deposit. That's helpful. What's your strategy to make the most of them?

The advantage of a FCD is that it can be used up to four years. It can also be cancelled and the funds returned to you. FCD's are refundable if you change your mind on a cruise for which you have used it. It just goes back into your "bank" to be used on another cruise.

My strategy is to book cruises very early and if something better comes along, it is easy to move your FCD to a better deal/cruise.

FCD ($100) sure beats having to pay a full deposit for a cruise that is more than one year away.

It was interesting to read that one can purchase an FCD for a friend that is not on the ship.

The advantage of a FCD is that it can be used up to four years. It can also be cancelled and the funds returned to you. FCD's are refundable if you change your mind on a cruise for which you have used it. It just goes back into your "bank" to be used on another cruise.

My strategy is to book cruises very early and if something better comes along, it is easy to move your FCD to a better deal/cruise.

FCD ($100) sure beats having to pay a full deposit for a cruise that is more than one year away.

It was interesting to read that one can purchase an FCD for a friend that is not on the ship.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my question. I wondered if I wasn't fully understanding the FCD.

It's a logical question. Celebrity Cruises in the past has offered their Passages future cruise program for purchase even when you were not on board, via email. They sent the certificate as a PDF document. Not sure if they still do.

I wonder if you could call the HAL Mariner's Club number and ask to buy one? Worth a try.

Helen, the only way to obtain one when not on a HAL cruise is to know someone going on a HAL cruise who is willing to obtain one on your behalf. If you don't know someone sailing earlier than our Oct 5 cruise, you have my e-mail.

Arie

Is that possible - to transfer the FCD? Or to purchase for someone who is not on the ship? If the latter is the case, why can't we purchase them online? I know, I know, because HAL says so!

I read recently that one can no longer purchase FCD for a friend who is not onboard. That appeared to be a recent change. I think it was Vict0riann who reported it, but I could be wrong. Hopefully the person who did will chime in on this thread.

Yes, AQ, that was me. We wanted to buy a couple of FCDs for our daughter, who was not sailing with us. We were told that the person whose name would be on the FCD had to be on board. We emailed our PCC to ask if ask if she could organize it, she said no, the rules had changed. On our survey I did say we were disappointed we couldn't buy for her.

As it turned out, she had a couple stashed away! She was able to use one for our next cruise, and also one for her boyfriend, who has never cruised. So it all worked out.:)

If we are paying for three cabins for us and our adult kids and spouses/friends would we be able to use FCD on our cabin only? Or on all three? We are sailing next week and could buy FCD then. Our kids are not. Thank you.

That's pretty complicated! I'm not sure if/how it would work. It might be worthwhile checking with HAL before you sail, and if they say yes, get a print-out of their email so you can use it to "persuade" the Future Cruise Consultant to sell them to you. You'd think it might work if you are paying for all the rooms.

Finally spoke with someone at the Mariner Society number. Her answer (as you already know)...FCD's can only be purchased when you're on the ship. I told her they should set it up so you could purchase online. She said she'd put in a suggestion. YEAH...not holding my breath!