Flight Departure from Los Angeles$

retired4213

I was told not to book before 1:00 pm but they only flight I could get that would get me home same day was 12:55. I think it just depends on LAX and if the ship gets into port on time. No real way to know for sure.

Carrying your bags off the ship yourself will cut down some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which ship? Which airline? Rush hour can be horrible and there's construction around LAX.

Carry off your luggage and do some sort of private, not shared, transportation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the advice. We will be leaving on Southwest Airlines on a Saturday. The next available flight is at 4:45pm and I felt it would be worth the chance to book a 12:05 flight along with the disembarkation worries.:cool:

Our cruise will be arriving at 8:00 am and will a 12:05 flight from LA be feasible from the port. Thanks

Yes, I live just north of the airport and I was off the ship and home by 9:25A. As long as it a weekend arrival - given no accident, etc. - it should take you no more then 30-40 minutes from the pier to LAX. If it mid week rush hour maybe 1 to 1 1/4 hours. But even then you will have plenty of time getting to the airport.

Our cruise will be arriving at 8:00 am and will a 12:05 flight from LA be feasible from the port. Thanks

You should be fine as long as the ship has no issues getting in.(which rarely happens) I have left as early as 11am out of LAX and still had about an hour to spare.

Thanks for the advice. We will be leaving on Southwest Airlines on a Saturday. The next available flight is at 4:45pm and I felt it would be worth the chance to book a 12:05 flight along with the disembarkation worries.:cool:

Being on a Saturday will help. I have generally flown home on a Monday (done the Imagination several times) and my flights have always been at about that time.

We've cruised out of Long Beach twice in the past two years. In both instances, we had departing flights prior to noon...and we made both (actually arriving at LAX prior to 10am) without any issues whatsoever.

Having said that, we had the following parameters:

1. We used self-assist debark and were one of the first passengers off the ship (we are Platinum and have priority debarkation as a perk)
  2. We debarked on a weekend, so traffic was minimal...at least for LA.
  3. We used taxi cabs rather than waiting for shuttles.

If you're not willing to carry off your own luggage or are arriving during the middle of the week, you may want to reconsider your flight times.

Garnett

I have an 11:50 am flight out of LAX. I'm not worried at all.

Take your own bags off and grab a taxi and you will be at LAX within an hour or so. We didn't have any issues on July 15th, a Saturday getting to the airport by about 11:30 and we didn't even leave the ship til 10:30. We did have a 1:30 flight so we had enough time for lunch.

And "buy" a porter to get through customs! They have their own line & will get you through on record time. Tip well, it'll be the best $ you'll spend!

At Long Beach, you go through customs before you collect your luggage. If you are doing self-assist, you carry off your own luggage. No porters can help you.

OP - Do self-assist debarkation. You should be fine. If you want a taxi, they line up on the left side as you leave the dome.

I think you will be okay if you take your bags off and get off as early as you can, take a Taxi from the port.

Just be sure to call SWA if you think you won't make it so you don't lose your money and they put you on the next one, but that's just a precautionary measure. Your itinerary will tell you when they give up your ticket. I have lost money before for a no show on a flight I had forgotten to cancel/reschedule

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And "buy" a porter to get through customs! They have their own line & will get you through on record time. Tip well, it'll be the best $ you'll spend!

Not in Long Beach.