Deployment 2019-20 booking season begins

The new deposit rules have not affected you?
Not yet.....I haven't purchased a cruise since Royal's last itinerary release. Cabins seem to always be cheaper booking the 1st day.

We don't purchase suites. Just regular aft balconies for backups.

I will buy refundable for the backups as long as Royal allows it. [emoji51]

Hope things work out on Ovation for ya....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Not yet.....I haven't purchased a cruise since Royal's last itinerary release. Cabins seem to always be cheaper booking the 1st day.

I haven't told Laura yet. :eek:

She's still miffed that I cancelled the 2018 TP to go on Mariner. And you know how that turned out. ;p

Luckily she'll have two weeks on Brilliance to cool off. ;)

I didn't have the heart to tell her as she was leaving for the solo TA. :halo:

She really wants to go to Australia / NZ

I was told by the Royal Caribbean representative that those who were on the cancelled Explorer cruise would get early access to the Ovation itineraries. He told me that we would receive them via an email before they are released. Whether this actually happens awaits to be seen.

My TA got an email yesterday re the Ovation changes...

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

Maybe Royal needs to consider higher penalties for changing or canceling backup and place holder cruises. Refundable or Non Refundable.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe Royal needs to consider higher penalties for changing or canceling backup and place holder cruises. Refundable or Non Refundable.

There's already a difference in cost with the RF or NRF. I just priced a cruise and there was 300 dollars difference. I personally do placeholder on a simple balcony room because it gives me more time to make payments for a specific year that I want to cruise. Not all of us can afford to just cruise every year.

There's already a difference in cost with the RF or NRF. I just priced a cruise and there was 300 dollars difference. I personally do placeholder on a simple balcony room because it gives me more time to make payments for a specific year that I want to cruise. Not all of us can afford to just cruise every year.

Simple balcony but in prime location Aft. Now someone else can’t book it.

I'm new here, so I'm not seeing the benefit/reason for the placeholder/backup reservations?

When we cruise we like being in an aft cabin. We book the first day itineraries come out so we can reserve these afts and Royal gets to hold my deposit for 12 to 19 months (usually $900 on each).

I book a backup cruise for these longer TransAtlantic cruises as Royal has a bad habit of cancelling these types of cruises for many reasons. If you don't have a backup......the chances of you getting an aft on one of the other TransAtlantics is close to zero.

I've been burned three times and some others on this forum many times.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

When we cruise we like being in an aft cabin. We book the first day itineraries come out so we can reserve these afts and Royal gets to hold my deposit for 12 to 19 months (usually $900 on each).

I book a backup cruise for these longer TransAtlantic cruises as Royal has a bad habit of cancelling these types of cruises for many reasons. If you don't have a backup......the chances of you getting an aft on one of the other TransAtlantics is close to zero.

I've been burned three times and some others on this forum many times.

Aha, thanks so much for the explanation. For some reason I was thinking you were booking backup cabins on the same cruise. :o

I was told by the Royal Caribbean representative that those who were on the cancelled Explorer cruise would get early access to the Ovation itineraries. He told me that we would receive them via an email before they are released. Whether this actually happens awaits to be seen.

I wouldn't count on it, based on past experience. We've been promised early access many times, and I have yet to see it actually happen. I guess there's always hope!

Glad I found this thread. :)

Aha, thanks so much for the explanation. For some reason I was thinking you were booking backup cabins on the same cruise. :o
You're welcome.....

I've only booked a second cabin once. That was for some friends who were in Africa and I assumed they wanted to go. They ended up not going and I released the cabin to someone on the roll call who now owes me a drink. [emoji3]

I'm new here, so I'm not seeing the benefit/reason for the placeholder/backup reservations?

I am waiting to hear from RCL about a BR cruise that I have booked for 2019. It has been chartered. This is the third year in a row that this has happened. In the other 2 cases the ports offered on the price protected ports were not the same and not the ones we wanted. By the time we got notified prices had gone way up and cabin selection was not so great. Now I book 2 of them so that I have a backup for when this happens

I wouldn't count on it, based on past experience. We've been promised early access many times, and I have yet to see it actually happen. I guess there's always hope!

Glad I found this thread. :)

Yep, I figure it will be just like the early C&A access. Likely won't happen.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I am waiting to hear from RCL about a BR cruise that I have booked for 2019. It has been chartered. This is the third year in a row that this has happened. In the other 2 cases the ports offered on the price protected ports were not the same and not the ones we wanted. By the time we got notified prices had gone way up and cabin selection was not so great. Now I book 2 of them so that I have a backup for when this happens

Second story. They just cancelled all MJ sailings for Feb. All price protected cruises offered were on the EN out of Miami. This time I had no backup and it's costing me more money to go on the MJ which is the ship and port that I had picked. If we had wanted to drive to Miami and go on the EN I would have booked that

You're welcome.....

I've only booked a second cabin once. That was for some friends who were in Africa and I assumed they wanted to go. They ended up not going and I released the cabin to someone on the roll call who now owes me a drink. [emoji3]

Then maybe you should update your upcoming cruises as you have two “or” cruises listed.

Second story. They just cancelled all MJ sailings for Feb. All price protected cruises offered were on the EN out of Miami. This time I had no backup and it's costing me more money to go on the MJ which is the ship and port that I had picked. If we had wanted to drive to Miami and go on the EN I would have booked that

So you book backup cruises for all your cruises?

So you book backup cruises for all your cruises?

Did you not read my post that you quoted?