Deployment 2019-20 booking season begins

Well, having just been bumped off Ovation's Sydney/Singapore repo on 30/3/19 and accepted the Explorer repo on 29/3 (a day longer slight port changes), what is Explorer going to do after reaching Singapore on 13/4/19 - any ideas?

Well, having just been bumped off Ovation's Sydney/Singapore repo on 30/3/19 and accepted the Explorer repo on 29/3 (a day longer slight port changes), what is Explorer going to do after reaching Singapore on 13/4/19 - any ideas?

My guess is Explorer will take over the Singapore sailings

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't think so either. I'm no expert but I understand that the air draft of Quantum class ships is around 215 feet or 65.5 metres. Clearance under the Lion's Gate is around 61 metres.

Perhaps they have a one-off arrangement to offload passengers at another dock and then sail to Seattle non revenue.

The (much) higher revenue to be gained from the double hop is good motivation to find a way to make it happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hoopster95 posted a pic of some of the Q's specs awhile back showing the air draft of the Q is 62.5m or 205' which is the Panama Canal's case by case limit. During the discussion it was speculated that the 205 figure was with the stacks left in the raised position. This possibly could be the case as the silhouette from the old nautical cities site shows the top of the funnel just under 200' without the stack extensions raised. So maybe with the stack extensions lowered she could clear. The Lions Gate Bridge and the Bridge of Americas are often compared to each other in terms of clearance with the BoA having a smidgen more clearance.

Link to Hoopster's pic... https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=54292525&postcount=166

Q's silhouette...

2nc3yhs.jpg

From RCI - in the letter I received from my TA we can transfer to one of below sailings:

Select Sailings: (These sailings will be released on 12th December 2017)

Ovation of the Seas 17th April 2019 – Transpacific Sydney to Honolulu Ovation of the Seas 4th May 2019 –Transpacific Honolulu to Vancouver

Guess I won't be doing the Ovation TP.

I won't pay twice to do a crossing.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Concerning the booking for Ovation 2019 TP, many of us have been told that those of us booked already on the now cancelled Explorer cruise will get first access to booking the Ovation.

Then the CA members??:o

I was told by the Royal Caribbean representative that those who were on the cancelled Explorer cruise would get early access to the Ovation itineraries. He told me that we would receive them via an email before they are released. Whether this actually happens awaits to be seen.

Well then you know a typical TA is 12-14 days.

Is that an obstructed view? [emoji6]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Obstructed.....sorta! But she's gorgeous!!

I usually booked the longest TA each season. Got Brilliance both ways in 2018 (15/16 days).

Have my normal backups in case Royal has any ideas.....as you know.

Obstructed.....sorta! But she's gorgeous!!

I usually booked the longest TA each season. Got Brilliance both ways in 2018 (15/16 days).

Have my normal backups in case Royal has any ideas.....as you know.

The new deposit rules have not affected you?

The new deposit rules have not affected you?
Not yet.....I haven't purchased a cruise since Royal's last itinerary release. Cabins seem to always be cheaper booking the 1st day.

We don't purchase suites. Just regular aft balconies for backups.

I will buy refundable for the backups as long as Royal allows it. [emoji51]

Hope things work out on Ovation for ya....

Not yet.....I haven't purchased a cruise since Royal's last itinerary release. Cabins seem to always be cheaper booking the 1st day.

I haven't told Laura yet. :eek:

She's still miffed that I cancelled the 2018 TP to go on Mariner. And you know how that turned out. ;p

Luckily she'll have two weeks on Brilliance to cool off. ;)

I didn't have the heart to tell her as she was leaving for the solo TA. :halo:

She really wants to go to Australia / NZ

I was told by the Royal Caribbean representative that those who were on the cancelled Explorer cruise would get early access to the Ovation itineraries. He told me that we would receive them via an email before they are released. Whether this actually happens awaits to be seen.

My TA got an email yesterday re the Ovation changes...

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

Maybe Royal needs to consider higher penalties for changing or canceling backup and place holder cruises. Refundable or Non Refundable.

Maybe Royal needs to consider higher penalties for changing or canceling backup and place holder cruises. Refundable or Non Refundable.

There's already a difference in cost with the RF or NRF. I just priced a cruise and there was 300 dollars difference. I personally do placeholder on a simple balcony room because it gives me more time to make payments for a specific year that I want to cruise. Not all of us can afford to just cruise every year.

There's already a difference in cost with the RF or NRF. I just priced a cruise and there was 300 dollars difference. I personally do placeholder on a simple balcony room because it gives me more time to make payments for a specific year that I want to cruise. Not all of us can afford to just cruise every year.

Simple balcony but in prime location Aft. Now someone else can’t book it.

I'm new here, so I'm not seeing the benefit/reason for the placeholder/backup reservations?

When we cruise we like being in an aft cabin. We book the first day itineraries come out so we can reserve these afts and Royal gets to hold my deposit for 12 to 19 months (usually $900 on each).

I book a backup cruise for these longer TransAtlantic cruises as Royal has a bad habit of cancelling these types of cruises for many reasons. If you don't have a backup......the chances of you getting an aft on one of the other TransAtlantics is close to zero.

I've been burned three times and some others on this forum many times.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk