Travel agent booking v online booking

bulldogbob

do you mean book with the cruise line vs a TA?

Personal choice but usually a TA with give you some OBC or something extra shop around

I would opt for a 7+ day cruise the shorter ones are more of a party unless that is what you are looking for ;)

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Reputable travel agents (TA) often gives better deal than booking direct with the cruise line. A TA can also be an online website. If you book with them though, the cruise line deals with the TA on your succeeding booking transactions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our online TA who I feel gives us great service also gives us pre-paid gratuities, specialty dinning for two. a small OBC, and one of the online TA'S that we occasional use now gives free travel insurance. We book with the cruise line if they are giving lots of perks and then switch over to our TA to pick up both the cruise lines perks and the TA'S perks. Just be aware of cancellation or change fees that a TA might have. If your cruise is out of the country be sure to check your cruise lines air programs. happy cruising

Welcome, bulldogbob, and just so you know we are not permitted to mention or discuss the names of any travel agents/agencies here. :)

Also, you don't say where you live but we prefer a longer cruise, especially in the Caribbean - so lovely and relaxing. Since we have to fly to embarkation ports, we tend to book the longest cruise we can afford.

Many benefits w/going with a TA, as mentioned. One drawback - we missed out on a price adjustment or upgrade when the TA was inaccessible on a wknd to contact the cruise line on our behalf.

I've also dealt with one or two TAs who were either too busy or inexperienced to provide the level of service I expected. Bottom line, do your homework and make an informed TA selection.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I would book it through a TA.

My suggestion is to ask friends/family members who cruise if they have a recommendation.

A TA can not only provide some additional amenities but they can be your advocate with the cruise line should something go wrong plus they can give you advice.

Welcome to CC.

Keith

I am in the minority here, but I prefer directly with the cruise line, either on line or by phone. This is different than booking with an online agency.

Realize the perks some TAs give, and have used very occasionally, but I like being in control of my own reservation. I prefer to check for price drops, preferable cabins opening up to switch to, etc. Not all TAs have close to 24-hour service 7 days a week.

It's a personal choice and what you are most comfortable with. I would also recommend a 7-day or longer cruise and traveling to the port a day ahead of cruising.