HELP! I think I left something onboard.

I just got off of the Allure last week (Aug. 13, 2017) and I have just now discovered that I may have left something in my cabin. :eek: Is there any chance that I can have it retrieved and sent to me? I have emailed Royal Caribbean and received an automated response that they are looking into it and will let me know something soon. Has anyone else done the same thing? It wouldn't matter much if it were something cheap and insignificant, but this is a zipper pouch full of expensive essential oils, Yes, I can get more, but I would rather get these back than spend a good bit of money to replace them.

I left my Kindle onboard and filed a notice right away. All I heard was crickets for over two months. One report was that it was in transit, another email said it wasn't found, another said it was still at the port of LA. The website mentioned I would have to pay for the package COD IF it was found. Then, at the three month mark, I received a package in the mail with it and the case all intact. I was just about to buy a new one.

In your case, some room stewards may not recognize the essential oils as valuable. Good luck, but don't expect "soon".

I just got off of the Allure last week (Aug. 13, 2017) and I have just now discovered that I may have left something in my cabin. :eek: Is there any chance that I can have it retrieved and sent to me? I have emailed Royal Caribbean and received an automated response that they are looking into it and will let me know something soon. Has anyone else done the same thing? It wouldn't matter much if it were something cheap and insignificant, but this is a zipper pouch full of expensive essential oils, Yes, I can get more, but I would rather get these back than spend a good bit of money to replace them.

I would call corporate post-cruise support: (800) 256-6649.

Thanks, y'all for the information. I have one more bag to check at my daughter's house and if they are not in there, I will give RCCL a call. The email thing that I have started with them may not be the best route to follow. If they are actually found, and returned, I know it will take a while. Thanks, again.

It will also depend on the current occupants of your cabin. Years back, I found a very nice scarf and costume jewelry in our room before we sailed. I took it to guest services where they itemized it, put it in an envelope, dated it and had it witnessed. They were very methodical in trying to get it back to it's owner. We were close to sailing so it was not able to be taken to shore until our return. Here's hoping it works out for you.

Once tried leaving my unpaid bar bill on board at the end of the cruise. It found its way back to me quickly and without a problem :D

LOL always seems to work that way doesn't it? I left a pair of expensive sunglasses on my Allure cruise last April never to see them again. Lesson learned, cheap sunglasses on cruises from now on. OP best of luck to you, hope you find or get your item back.

We left a baby blanket (Nordstrom Barefoot Dream $$) in the pack-n-play. The day after we got off Radiance we contacted everyone we could even the concierge...no luck, it disappeared into dreamland :(

I left my Kindle onboard and filed a notice right away. All I heard was crickets for over two months. One report was that it was in transit, another email said it wasn't found, another said it was still at the port of LA. The website mentioned I would have to pay for the package COD IF it was found. Then, at the three month mark, I received a package in the mail with it and the case all intact. I was just about to buy a new one.

In your case, some room stewards may not recognize the essential oils as valuable. Good luck, but don't expect "soon".

I would have brought it back to you, I'm close to Westerville ;) Your story is the most common one I've heard with the exception of people who remember while still in baggage claim. My favorite story from over on the Disney line, a passenger was told nobody found the Iphone they left behind, but a few days later the pictures the cabin attendant took, including selfies, we were being uploaded to the owners Icloud account.

Well, it has been over a week since I left the Allure and reported my item that was left behind. I have talked with a couple of very nice RCCL representatives in Customer Service, but today when I called, they said that a note had been added to my file that my item was not found. So, I guess it is lost for good. I was really hoping that it would be found and turned in, but no such luck. Lesson learned, I suppose. Now, I will have to begin the expensive task of gradually replacing those essential oils. At least my daughter had better luck with her situation. She left her iPhone on the tour bus on St. Kitts. After frantically searching and retracing our steps, she contacted the excursion company who eventually found her phone on the bus. They have shipped it back to her and it is due to arrive today or tomorrow (she has the tracking number). So, at least her story has a happy ending.

Thanks to all here for the help and encouragement. Wish I could report a satisfactory outcome for my story, though.