Mexico Travel Warning Update

jimmieg

If a government sell weapons, for any reason, to any person, it makes it actually "Legal".

I also know of the case, it was a Hughe news here in México.

Guns don't kill, people do and in this case, it's the bad guys in Mexico. I guess you've missed the second part of the story.

Neither singular or plural. Actually just a contraction of MATHematicS

Statistically Mexico may be a little more "dangerous" than the US and if for whatever reason you don't feel safe visiting Mexico, then don't go. Generally speaking cruise companies aren't in the habit of taking shiploads of nervous tourists to places that are perceived as dangerous - and so assuming Princess don't bottle it, we'll be there in a couple of months.

Depending upon country both uses are correct

In Britain the normal correct use is Maths

In US the normal correct use is Math

We could also go into a rather long list of spelling differences in both countries

Neither singular or plural. Actually just a contraction of MATHematicS

Statistically Mexico may be a little more "dangerous" than the US and if for whatever reason you don't feel safe visiting Mexico, then don't go. Generally speaking cruise companies aren't in the habit of taking shiploads of nervous tourists to places that are perceived as dangerous - and so assuming Princess don't bottle it, we'll be there in a couple of months.

The primary difference with this recent period is that the areas around Cabo, and the areas from Cancun to Tulum have been free from cartel related violence. As such they have been considered to be very safe areas in a country with a large amount of cartel related violence. Now you have a gun battle in Playa Del Carmen, and beheadings fairly close to Cabo. Primarily due to two Cartels fighting for control. The violence is not, in general aimed at tourists, but since it is now happening in previously safe tourist areas, it is possible to get caught in the cross fire.

There is probably more risk involved from the illegal (contaminated) alcohol sales that have caused several problems including death. Those have been related to some all inclusive resorts.

Guns don't kill, people do and in this case, it's the bad guys in Mexico. I guess you've missed the second part of the story.

Mhm no, i don´t miss anything; i proudly live in this great country.

Your post is very poetic, people are the ones that kill, the method that they use comes from the US (legally)....

There are also bad People in the US that kill people with arms, like in Orlando.....

I think you missed all the problems that are in your country, it´s pretty easy to condemn other countries and not looking in to your own garden...

Your point is? There were nearly 16,000 in the US two years ago and given the nation's love for all things that go bang, I suspect figures for 2017 - when the FBI finishes counting - will be even higher.

Why do you hate the US so much?

If it is that bad not sure why are you here?

The thread is about a Mexico travel warning yet you hijack.

Why do you hate the US so much?

If it is that bad not sure why are you here?

The thread is about a Mexico travel warning yet you hijack.

Er? This thread is in the Princess Cruises forum and the thread is about a State Dept. Travel Warning Update to Mexico. As someone who cruises Princess, has cruised to Mexico on a number of occasions, is off on ano Mexican Riviera cruise in a couple of months and who has lived and worked in Mexico, how - exactly - an I "hijacking" this thread?

You pointed out that there have been 12,000 homicides in Mexico - I merely pointed out that in 2015 (the last year that records were released by the FBI) there were nearly 16,000 - and yes as a percentage of population, Mexico is statistically more dangerous. Thing is, random acts of violence are just that - random. I'm an adult - I am aware of the risks associated with any foreign travel, for instance even when visiting family and friends back in the UK this year...

But please do enlighten me where I've stated that I hate the US or why it is so bad...

I just watched the video and boy your right very very scary.

Tony

Right, Tony!

This article address MY fears about Mexico. I'm not thinking we will get involved in any drug cartel situations, but we WERE thinking of going to Maya Chan for the Beach, lunch and DRINKS! That's the scary part!!!

Right, Tony!

This article address MY fears about Mexico. I'm not thinking we will get involved in any drug cartel situations, but we WERE thinking of going to Maya Chan for the Beach, lunch and DRINKS! That's the scary part!!!

Don´t Drink!

Fun and/or relaxing can take place without drinking!

Good news !

They've found Natalee Hollaway.

So there is hope of visiting all the most dangerous places after all.

They may have found Natalee Holloway's body.

Not good news, very sad news, its just complete closure for the family & loved ones, that's all.

Mhm no, i don´t miss anything; i proudly live in this great country.

Your post is very poetic, people are the ones that kill, the method that they use comes from the US (legally)....

There are also bad People in the US that kill people with arms, like in Orlando.....

I think you missed all the problems that are in your country, it´s pretty easy to condemn other countries and not looking in to your own garden...

Mex drug cartels have plenty of fully automatic weapons, rocket launchers and military grenades in their arsenal. Tell me one US gun store anywhere you can just walk in and legally purchase such military grade hardwares. Whether Mex drug cartels get their civilan AR15 from US is irrelevant. Central and S America are awash with surplus military weapons from 40+ years of insurgency wars past and present. All you need is the right hook-me-up connection in arm dealing and money to fill your shopping list and Mex drug cartels have plenty of both at their disposal. This whole US guns to cartel story is nothing but yet another 'breaking news' played up by the liberal media for political and sensationalism purpose. Try not to be fooled by it.

Edited by sfaaa

Mex drug cartels have plenty of fully automatic weapons, rocket launchers and military grenades in their arsenal. Tell me one US gun store anywhere you can just walk in and legally purchase such military grade hardwares. Whether Mex drug cartels get their civilan AR15 from US is irrelevant. Central and S America are awash with surplus military weapons from 40+ years of insurgency wars past and present. All you need is the right hook-me-up connection in arm dealing and money to fill your shopping list and Mex drug cartels have plenty of both at their disposal. This whole US guns to cartel story is nothing but yet another 'breaking news' played up by the liberal media for political and sensational purpose. Try not to be fooled by it.

I think you haven't understand. I'm a proud Mexican, that lives in México, that watch Mexican tv, that don't have such difference between liberal, conservative, or any division between the Mexican people because of our political vision.

I don't watch US tv, so your discussion about liberal or conservative tv doesn't apply to my.

Talking about the arms, did you know that when el Chapo Guzman was found, the Mexican army found a fully automatic weapon that not even the Mexican army have?, that was registered in the US, and was part of the fast and furious operation, (that gave the US legally to the cartels)

Face it, the problem in México the US is as guilty as México for the problems (if not more than México fault); if the US does not consume drugs, the cartels would not exist.

This we are in agreement with. Unfortunately, many liberal politicians in the west don't see it this way.

What? Liberal politicians are responsible for the human drive to consume mind-altering substances? BTW, that includes alcohol.