Ruby Princess Allows You to Bring Wine or Champagne on Cruise

cortne

Leaving on a Ruby Princess Cruise shortly and received this notice.

Guests agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind onboard for consumption, except one bottle of wine or champagne per adult of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml) per voyage, which will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in the stateroom. Additional wine or champagne bottles are welcome, but will incur a $15 corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed. Liquor, spirits or beers are not permitted. Please remember that luggage will be scanned and alcohol outside of our policy will be removed and discarded.

I could be wrong, but is this not the same policy that's been in place for a very long time. We always take 2 bottles of bubbly aboard without incidence.

This policy would say yes you could go that if you are traveling as a couple. Anything over one per person is additional cost.

It's standard for all Princess ships

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well that is good. I thought is was one bottle each only. It is nice to know if you want to bring more it is a $15 cork fee billed to your account at the doc

Leaving on a Ruby Princess Cruise shortly and received this notice.

Guests agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind onboard for consumption, except one bottle of wine or champagne per adult of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml) per voyage, which will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in the stateroom. Additional wine or champagne bottles are welcome, but will incur a $15 corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed. Liquor, spirits or beers are not permitted. Please remember that luggage will be scanned and alcohol outside of our policy will be removed and discarded.

This is the same when we cruised two years ago, nothing new

Took the Ruby over Christmas, we walked on with a healthy supply of wine ... first two bottles for the two of us were permitted for in-cabin consumption, the remaining six we paid the corkage and took to dinner .. every dinner we were assured that the wine would be to our liking ... for us, it works (everyone's mileage is different.)

Enjoy your wine and cruise.

--

Christopher

Most times you can. Even if they are collecting alcohol when boarding most people walk right past the liquor check-in table.

WRT wine, however, you are not really "getting away" with anything - depending on the circumstances. Assuming the wine is for dinner, your waiter should notice and charge the corkage in the DR. If not, well, lucky you.

Of course, if you happen to crack the bottle open in the cabin and have a glass or so each and take the remaining in the now-opened bottle to the DR, well that works out pretty good for you.

WRT wine, however, you are not really "getting away" with anything - depending on the circumstances. Assuming the wine is for dinner, your waiter should notice and charge the corkage in the DR. If not, well, lucky you.

Of course, if you happen to crack the bottle open in the cabin and have a glass or so each and take the remaining in the now-opened bottle to the DR, well that works out pretty good for you.

I only bring a glass of wine at a time to the DR anyway but I also pass by the check-in table with my liquor without any problems.

Can you bring another one on board when visiting a port?

Once in St. Thomas, I asked security at the gangway if I can bring a bottle of wine without corkage when I get back to board. He said yes and was not charged corkage. It may not be a fleet wide policy but there's no harm in asking.