Spirit Live August 25th Venice

mdpa

Appreciate these great pictures and details from wonderful Kotor. Brings back very nice memories from our visiting there. Glad to see the Silver Spirit being able to dock there. That made things easier. Keep up the excellent sharing!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Venice: Loving It & Why??!! Is one of your future desires or past favorites? See these many visual samples for its great history and architecture. This posting is now at 69,601 views.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226

Appreciate these great pictures and details from wonderful Kotor. Brings back very nice memories from our visiting there.
I agree with our favorite Buckeye here on these boards, love your pics as they bring back such wonderful memories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you like martinis try the Vesper. They really make a great one on the Spirit.

I must admit that I am not a big fan of the Vesper. Actually prefer the Martinez which is supposedly the original cocktail from which the Martini is derived. Almost done with the list!

If you like a big mug of coffee, there should be mugs available in the Panorama Lounge. I always pick mine up, take it to breakfast and return the mug so that I can be sure of having one the next day!

Appreciate the tip. I find coffee is the one weak area of Silversea. It may be a cultural difference, but still find it difficult to enjoy coffee with dessert. Usually comes after we are finished.

Appreciate the tip. I find coffee is the one weak area of Silversea. It may be a cultural difference, but still find it difficult to enjoy coffee with dessert. Usually comes after we are finished.

Oh, it is. An Italian simply wouldn't have anything other than an espresso after eating!

We like their coffee except for the weak and watery stuff served at breakfast.

Is this last pic Slovenia? Your photos are wonderful!

Didn't get a chance to confirm, but you are probably right. Our limited internet access and some technical challenges make things difficult.

Right now, my wife is using most of the internet access [emoji3].

I just got a new Fuji camera ( X-T2). I don't have a SD card adapter for my Macbook, so am using the Fuji app to transfer select photos to my phone and uploading via Tapatalk referencing only small screens with no editing.

We enjoyed visiting Igoumenitsa today. A little rundown, but also felt pretty authentic and a chance to visit a Northern port in Greece. We originally planned to rent a car, but wasn't pleased with the terms so chose to walk around instead. My understanding is this is the first time for Silversea to visit (so they earned a new plaque).

Got invited to a great bridge tour today and impressed with Fernando's diverse knowledge. Will be trying Star's supper club tonight followed by the Russian Ballet doing the Nut Cracker.

814801476e5bd4ba7ba2bd7b120f2108.jpg83ebb7cbe7c6b796498e26d949311dc8.jpg2ee9fc79176c553dbe8f24b9291e5ca3.jpgc6e18783fd7fc7914681ea47c82fb7cc.jpg1eb47cde4f4705ac44b50be9d9792280.jpg

After briefly visiting Igoumenitsa, we spent the afternoon by the pool and the evening at Stars Supper Club. We enjoyed the restaurant, but one visit per cruise is enough for us.

Had an OK tour at Olympia this morning. The highlight of our visit was buying homemade sandals and eating some great pastries with Greek coffee. ce8296df5153f4ae199022d8e531293e.jpgca2e1c31978a413f768244aebc84bdc6.jpg1fa7f9db801cda79dee571d66fe46346.jpg116351cbf4e8b7261a986f6511e5187a.jpgce06b7f3b8cb3906fcbcb3c9cef7a0d2.jpgcd64e189c1853f93b43d98f4f6cad696.jpg

the evening at Stars Supper Club. We enjoyed the restaurant, but one visit per cruise is enough for us.

Appreciate your follow-up and experience at the Stars Supper Club. That matched our situation/results in June while sailing on the Silver Spirit. Nice, worked well, etc.!! BUT, one visit during a cruise gives you that sampling since the menu does not change.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Lisbon, NWSpain, Bordeaux/Brittany: Just finished June 2017 sailing from Portugal to France along the scenic Atlantic Coast, plus great pre- and post-cruise experiences. Many interesting pictures and details on history, food, culture, etc., from my live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2511358

...Stars Supper Club...one visit during a cruise gives you that sampling since the menu does not change.

I understand that the menu changes every four days. Certainly, we make our bookings for every fourth night and have yet to have the menu repeated.

I'm beginning to think we are a little odd. Spirit is our favourite ship and Stars our favourite restaurant - neither of these seem to be universally lauded! It takes all sorts...

I understand that the menu changes every four days. Certainly, we make our bookings for every fourth night and have yet to have the menu repeated.
That's cool and thanks for sharing ToTheSunset. We've been on the Spirit 3-times now and didn't know they changed the menu. We have always enjoyed our time in Stars, but never repeated a visit there. Thanks again for letting us all know!

Perfect weather the entire cruise. I'll send some pics shortly.

The fish was grilled sardines. After the hike to Oia we grabbed a bite to eat and then took a bus back. Decided to walk down past the donkeys.