Any Speculation on the Two Category Upgrade Promotion Perhaps Next Month?

ChucktownSteve

Out of interest I've compared a few cruises on the double upgrade offer in the US with the price of a veranda stateroom on the UK's current offer. I'm assuming the price on the US site is correct as it still showing free nights against inside and ocean view.

I have used the current exchange rate from XE Currency, on the double upgrade offer all grades are the same price whilst on the UK offer there's considerable variation from V3 to VX. Given all of the above we in the U.K. Are being asked to pay on average between £500 to £1000 more per stateroom for the same accommodation.

I can remember a statement from Mr Pimentel that Azamara had a target to grow UK customers to 25% of total, I can also remember being told that Azamara wanted parity of pricing Worldwide. I would very much like to know why those of us in the U.K. are being singled out for different treatment, could it be a total lack of trust in the UK market post Brexit?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh well it was a nice thought but it appears regretfully that AZ is just not in our cards at this time.

We're already booked on other lines through Spring 2019 due to AZ being late releasing the itineraries we were interested in. Then I find one in OCT 2019 on Journey that we would enjoy. Unfortunately it's not included in the two cat upgrade promotion. The veranda cabin is almost $1,100 per day per couple plus airfare to Europe. Another European cruise in July 2019 is $1,300/day/couple plus air in a veranda. That's just over my value tolerance limit for a small balcony.

I do understand that with only two ships, they can continue to maintain pricing but still sell out. It's a shame though because we really enjoyed AZ and wanted to sail them again. Maybe 2020?

Edited by ChucktownSteve

I see this promotion on the US site but am wondering if it isn't quite ready yet. In the past when they had this offer, the inside and veranda rooms were same price. When I just took a look at the cruises that are part of this offer, the veranda is still priced much higher than an inside.

Interesting. I'm looking at the Aug 30 sailing on the Journey. It says it is part of the promo but the inside is $3210 and the veranda is $4399. As it is part of the promo, shouldn't the veranda be priced $3210?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes it looks like the US site is now correct but it still shows that in the U.K. we will he paying much more. For one sample 8 night cruise in September 2018 the U.K. price for a VX category is $1300 (£1000) per stateroom higher.

I just found a South Pacific concierge cabin aft on an R class Oceania ship for $850/nite/couple including air in the same month I was looking at AZ in the Med. VX in identical cabin is $240 more per nite without air.

I'm tempted to book it.

Good morning

Late last night the promo with the double upgrade was on line. I emailed my TA with a booking which I cannot believe I am booking another Azamara cruise with all their problems............anyway. He couldn't do it. Told me to book it myself with the great price. I didn't. Then this morning I received an email from him. This is part of it.

Can you believe those bozos didn't have their TA booking site updated until 8:00 a.m.? That's why I sent you that email that said if you can get that, get it! (I started working on you before breakfast today!)

I hope and pray I am not making a mistake when I haven't even been on my first Azamara cruise yet & here I am booking another. They have an awesome itinerary that spends two days in Havana and two days in Bermuda two places I have never been to and always wanted to go. Plus it goes to a lot of islands in the Caribbean I love. Also goes from Miami to New York so only need flight from New York back to Ft. Lauderdale. Incredible itinerary. After doing the Middle East in April this will be a refreshing not a lot of flying

So I guess RALLY DAVE is not the only one that thinks of them as BOZOS.

Get your double upgrades guys

Kathy

I just found a South Pacific concierge cabin aft on an R class Oceania ship for $850/nite/couple including air in the same month I was looking at AZ in the Med. VX in identical cabin is $240 more per nite without air.

I'm tempted to book it.

If you're looking to do the South Pacific, look at Paul Gauguin. They're exclusive to the South Pacific and air is included in their prices from LAX. We've sailed on them twice and all alcoholic beverages are included and service amazing.

When we booked they also gave us their loyalty discount even though it was from sailing on other "luxury" competerors lines.

We sailed Oceania once and I'm not a fan.

Interesting. I'm looking at the Aug 30 sailing on the Journey. It says it is part of the promo but the inside is $3210 and the veranda is $4399. As it is part of the promo, shouldn't the veranda be priced $3210?

I don't know where you saw the $3210.00 price; I'm showing 4399.00 as the lowest price inside

Good morning

Late last night the promo with the double upgrade was on line. I emailed my TA with a booking which I cannot believe I am booking another Azamara cruise with all their problems............anyway. He couldn't do it. Told me to book it myself with the great price. I didn't. Then this morning I received an email from him. This is part of it.

Can you believe those bozos didn't have their TA booking site updated until 8:00 a.m.? That's why I sent you that email that said if you can get that, get it! (I started working on you before breakfast today!)

I hope and pray I am not making a mistake when I haven't even been on my first Azamara cruise yet & here I am booking another. They have an awesome itinerary that spends two days in Havana and two days in Bermuda two places I have never been to and always wanted to go. Plus it goes to a lot of islands in the Caribbean I love. Also goes from Miami to New York so only need flight from New York back to Ft. Lauderdale. Incredible itinerary. After doing the Middle East in April this will be a refreshing not a lot of flying

So I guess RALLY DAVE is not the only one that thinks of them as BOZOS.

Get your double upgrades guys

Kathy

Azamara has always had their promotions available to TA's for booking when they open their home office, which is 8am EST; never before that I've ever seen. I'd be interested to know if a person would have been able to book direct online before that and received the new specials...

I don't know where you saw the $3210.00 price; I'm showing 4399.00 as the lowest price inside

They raised the inside price to what the veranda was priced out. This isn't a true promotion cuz 4399 is about what I paid for last month.

They raised the inside price to what the veranda was priced out. This isn't a true promotion cuz 4399 is about what I paid for last month.

e8818c8f6b27e5b81cbbb8e484fe9599.jpg

Prior to clicking "book now", the inside is listed as 3210. When clicking "book now", the price is raised to 4399

e8818c8f6b27e5b81cbbb8e484fe9599.jpg

Prior to clicking "book now", the inside is listed as 3210. When clicking "book now", the price is raised to 4399

Same thing with our cruise. On that screen it's listed at $2173 plus port fees for an inside ($2548 OV, $2899 veranda), but when I click "book now," the non-LCV price is $3160 for inside, $3460 for OV, and $3060 for veranda. Actually lower for the veranda than the inside!

Our cruise is also on the LCV quarterly sale, and when I put in my LCV number, the prices just don't add up. I assume (but could be wrong) the LCV member discount is taken off first, and then the 10%. I got the math to roughly work out for the price we booked at onboard, but not at all with these new prices.

We'll stick with our OV and maybe will be lucky enough to get the LCV upgrade to a veranda. If this really is the "sale," I'm feeling better and better about our price! Seems like a steal now.

Bonnie, I'm just looking at a price on the ten day Asia in November. Price in CAD. When I calculate what it should be for the double upgrade based on what the rates shown are for an inside it is $5690 but your site is calculating it as $7856. It does say the double upgrade is given. Not sure what's happening here :rolleyes:

I tried to attach screen shots but my photos are too big and I'm not sure how to resize them.

Same thing with our cruise. On that screen it's listed at $2173 plus port fees for an inside ($2548 OV, $2899 veranda), but when I click "book now," the non-LCV price is $3160 for inside, $3460 for OV, and $3060 for veranda. Actually lower for the veranda than the inside!

Our cruise is also on the LCV quarterly sale, and when I put in my LCV number, the prices just don't add up. I assume (but could be wrong) the LCV member discount is taken off first, and then the 10%. I got the math to roughly work out for the price we booked at onboard, but not at all with these new prices.

We'll stick with our OV and maybe will be lucky enough to get the LCV upgrade to a veranda. If this really is the "sale," I'm feeling better and better about our price! Seems like a steal now.

Ha, just checked again, and now on the main screen both inside and veranda at listed at $2899, with interior still coming up at that higher price than veranda under "Book Now."

Ha, just checked again, and now on the main screen both inside and veranda at listed at $2899, with interior still coming up at that higher price than veranda under "Book Now."

They "fixed" the sailing I took a pic of. I always suspected the promos weren't really sales but now I have proof.

Bonnie, I'm just looking at a price on the ten day Asia in November. Price in CAD. When I calculate what it should be for the double upgrade based on what the rates shown are for an inside it is $5690 but your site is calculating it as $7856. It does say the double upgrade is given. Not sure what's happening here :rolleyes:

I tried to attach screen shots but my photos are too big and I'm not sure how to resize them.

Just rechecked and the inside price is now $7856 so I guess they fixed their error.

I had booked my 2018 cruise on Aug. 4, 2017. I decided to try an Ocean View for the first time, since the prices were so high, and settled in to wait for the double upgrade. My cruise is included in the new offer, but here's the kicker: I paid $10,828 US for the OV. Today, an Inside (as well as veranda) is priced at $14, 225. I guess I should be delighted that in a little over three weeks my cruise improved so much in value!!!

Edited by pickypicky

I had booked my 2018 cruise on Aug. 4, 2017. I decided to try an Ocean View for the first time, since the prices were so high, and settled in to wait for the double upgrade. My cruise is included in the new offer, but here's the kicker: I paid $10,828 US for the OV. Today, an Inside (as well as veranda) is priced at $14, 225. I guess I should be delighted that in a little over three weeks my cruise improved so much in value!!!

When it hits $16k, SELL.