Celebrity Reflection vs Constellation

Punam

We want a midship sky suite, but the only thing available for the Mediterranean is a CS in that location on the Constellation. We don't need the space this cabin provides, but it's $1000 pp less than a sky suite at the back of Reflection. We want to avoid really high temps and kids, so we're looking at either Sep.2018, or will wait for 2019 itineraries and book May 2019. Given that itineraries would be different, but we're ok with that, do you think one ship is better than another? And is to be expected that a midship sky suite for 2019 would cost less than it would right now at the rear of the ship? $17K for skysuite vs $15K for CS...both seem crazy.

Celebrities prices have been sky high lately. I'm not sure that those prices are crazy. I'm currently booked on a 12 night Hawaii cruise and while we didn't pay this, the room we are booked in is currently selling at $3,700 pp. so times 4 people would be 15k. And this is for a basic verandah room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agree. We have avoided Celebrity for the last two years because of price. They are not as competitive as they were a few years ago.

That all depends where you are getting your prices from. If you are paying the retail Celebrity rates, that's one thing. If you are getting group rates from volume online TAs, that's another. The Carnival brands don't allow for discounting RCI (Celebrity) does.

That all depends where you are getting your prices from. If you are paying the retail Celebrity rates, that's one thing. If you are getting group rates from volume online TAs, that's another. The Carnival brands don't allow for discounting RCI (Celebrity) does.

I don't get it. ALL cruises are either heavily discounted by the giant OTAs or they provide an equivalent amount of OBC

Agree. We have avoided Celebrity for the last two years because of price. They are not as competitive as they were a few years ago.

All cruise lines have increased their prices over the last few years. With the recession being behind us in most places of the world, people have more money to spend and there is more demand. So, the cruise lines now can raise the relatively low prices they charged when people didn't want to spend money during the recession.

We recently took our first cruise on a competing line, and not even a luxury line, but one in the same category as Celebrity. We paid almost 30% more for the same type of room for a 10 night cruise than we had paid for each of our last three 14 night cruises on Celebrity, the last in 2015.

Prices are just high everywhere at the moment.

I don't get it. ALL cruises are either heavily discounted by the giant OTAs or they provide an equivalent amount of OBC

Not sure I understand. If you book directly through Celebrity, you don't get best prices. However, Carnival brands, unlike Celebrity and RCI, don't allow TAs to discount.

Not sure I understand. If you book directly through Celebrity, you don't get best prices. However, Carnival brands, unlike Celebrity and RCI, don't allow TAs to discount.

I think this poster is referring to the 'brochure' rate vs the selling price. So yes, all cruises typically sell for much less than the 'brochure' rate. But many lines don't allow TAs to further discount the rates. So the price carnival lists is the same price you'll pay with a TA, aside from any booking perks or additional OBC. Celebrity however does allow TAs to discount from their prices. So a cruise that's listed at $2,400 pp on celebrities website may be sold at $1,900 by a TA.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...