How to easily check for price drop??

rpmljm

Hi Folks,

I was wondering how is the easiest way to check often for price drops. We put a deposit down for a March cruise last week. Do I have to go to their website and search every time like I'm looking for a new cruise? How do I check prices since I got a price online from a site that was cheaper than RCCL's was quoting me at the time I booked?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi Folks,

I was wondering how is the easiest way to check often for price drops. We put a deposit down for a March cruise last week. Do I have to go to their website and search every time like I'm looking for a new cruise? How do I check prices since I got a price online from a site that was cheaper than RCCL's was quoting me at the time I booked?

There are sites on the internet that monitor cruise fares and will send notices to you. Those sites cannot be listed here. Recommend you do google search.

Cheers

Tom

Even though I have subscribed to a site that checks prices, I do mock bookings to see if there is a price drop on a junior suite or suite so I can upgrade from a balcony. I do that IF the website works, but it's getting more and more difficult to do so. It is quite discouraging at times.

Hi Folks,

I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, Laurie, but our cruise is very popular. The prices have increased since I booked. There are not that many cabins left, so I don't expect any price reductions.

I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, Laurie, but our cruise is very popular. The prices have increased since I booked. There are not that many cabins left, so I don't expect any price reductions.

You are probably right. This is the first time we have ever booked a cruise this far out. We usually book within 90 days and have to pay for the whole thing at once. Booking this far out, I was hoping it might drop as it got closer.

I wrote my own Google Sheets spreadsheet to pull up prices real time from travel agent sites to show me if a price has dropped. It's not 100% accurate but it works well enough for me.

Thanks again. I still use yours. I just have to update it a whenever RCL changes their sales

• 1 month later...
I wrote my own Google Sheets spreadsheet to pull up prices real time from travel agent sites to show me if a price has dropped. It's not 100% accurate but it works well enough for me.

Would you mind sharing the link to your spreadsheet?

1) Mock book. But this only works if there are the same class of cabin available

2) I did not know about the price monitoring sites. Interesting we cannot mention them based on the top listed one when I just searched

3) Transfer your booking to a travel agent, but I suggest asking specifically if they monitor for price drops. Not all will do that. Which surprised me.

4) Call RCI. They can reprice and tell you if the price has dropped.

Overall, it is not easy, as there are so many permutations. Our last cruise, I checked every so often, but found that in most cases, the final price was the same as I had booked. They just looked differently.

And at times, if the price is better, due to booking perks, you might lose OBC or such, and actually come out behind.

I am doing #2 and #3 above.

Hi Folks,

https://www.cruisecritic.com/price-drop/