What to expect

ToddWms

We've not sailed with Celebrity but just booked our first one for October '18. We've booked cabin 8149. This deal came up on my SkyMiles page and it sounded good. We'll get some pretty good perks booking thru Delta SkyMiles.

We're sailing on the Carnival Victory in 2 months so we're anxious to try something different after that one. Any comments would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It'll just be my wife and I, late 40s. My brother and his wife may join us. We did book a balcony on the 8th deck. We enjoy outdoor activities but really enjoy just relaxing in the ocean breeze. We're not drinkers but do look forward to all the food. Our kids aren't going with us on this one so we're not concerned with those type activities.

How do the two compare?

Food? Room finishes and size? Service? Crowds?

It'll just be my wife and I, late 40s. My brother and his wife may join us. We did book a balcony on the 8th deck. We enjoy outdoor activities but really enjoy just relaxing in the ocean breeze. We're not drinkers but do look forward to all the food. Our kids aren't going with us on this one so we're not concerned with those type activities.

How do the two compare?

Food? Room finishes and size? Service? Crowds?

Welcome to Celebrity (sometimes referred to as "X" in postings). You did not mention what ship, itinerary, or sailing date you are on, as this will tell a lot about crowds, mix of people, etc. Also, as a FYI, we are not allowed to mention specific travel agencies on CC.

Let us know about the sailing and we will let you know what to expect.

Steve

A Celebrity Cruise is a departure from the ordinary. Expect superb service and a sophisticated cruise experience from a brand that describes itself as "modern luxury". I took my first Celebrity Cruise onboard Celebrity Silhouette in 2015 and my cruising world changed forever. I cannot wait to book my next Celebrity Cruise!

Having sailed on both Celebrity and Carnival, there is no comparison!! Celebrity is MUCH better in all aspects, especially if you aren't taking your kids. My kids first Celebrity was when they were 14 and 16 and they even liked it better than Carnival. Enjoy! You will love it!

Celebrity is a relaxed and elegant cruising experience. The other lines such as Carnival, NCL and RCI tend to have a lot more activities and facilities. All of these lines have water slides and many ships have things like rock climbing walls, mini golf, ropes courses, flowriders, zip lines, ice skating rink, etc. Celebrity doesn't have these features.

Cruise staff on other lines are also a lot more active. Celebrity doesn't have the hairy chest, belly flop, sexy legs, pie in the face, cha cha slide dance parties, newlywed game, dancing with the stars, etc type of activities that you typically see on the other lines.

Food is subjective of course, but I thought the food on Celebrity was vastly superior to that on other lines I have been on.

If you're looking for a relaxed, low-key cruise, then you won't go wrong with Celebrity.

Welcome to Celebrity (sometimes referred to as "X" in postings). You did not mention what ship, itinerary, or sailing date you are on, as this will tell a lot about crowds, mix of people, etc. Also, as a FYI, we are not allowed to mention specific travel agencies on CC.

Let us know about the sailing and we will let you know what to expect.

Steve

I was thinking I had mentioned that in the original post but I had not. We are booked on the Infinity leaving Fort Lauderdale towards the end of next October, 2018, traveling to Key West and then to Nassau

Thanks for all the replies so far. We are looking forward to it.

We've not sailed with Celebrity but just booked our first one for October '18. We've booked cabin 8149. This deal came up on my SkyMiles page and it sounded good. We'll get some pretty good perks booking thru Delta SkyMiles.

We're sailing on the Carnival Victory in 2 months so we're anxious to try something different after that one. Any comments would be appreciated.

This is what you'll see on Celebrity:

1) Few announcements. Carnival lots!

2) Food is better overall. Table settings are nicer than Carnival.

3) Clientele on Celebrity generally of better caliber. Some will flame me, but sorry it's a FACT! Less smokers/booze hounds/low class, etc. Pax will generally bet better dressed, especially on longer Celebrity trips.

4) Art auctions on both lines are awful!

5) Excursions generally of a higher level(more expensive)

6) Overall fewer kids on board & those on board are for the most part well behaved.

7) No stupid pool side things like hairy chest or belly flop contests. Overall a more sedate cruise experience.

We like them both but for different experiences. We usually sail Celebrity (about 10 cruises with them) but for the right price I'd jump on another carnival ship. Last one was a Sky cabin on the Breeze and honestly it was great. Their spa beats Celebrity hands down.

You are sailing on one of the smaller older Celebrity ships but they keep them in great shape. Not as much to do on Celebrity but like you, we just like to enjoy the sea and the balcony.

The food is good but so was Carnival. The one thing is Celebrity is much more laid back. Probably a little more elegant.

And I disagree, the clientele is not better caliber. People might be different but that doesn't make them better. There are plenty of rude, obnoxious people on Celebrity, just usually older. Actually when you get to a week or longer cruise off season both lines are pretty tame.

Enjoy BOTH cruises, they will both be fun but in different ways.

A Celebrity Cruise is a departure from the ordinary. Expect superb service and a sophisticated cruise experience from a brand that describes itself as "modern luxury". I took my first Celebrity Cruise onboard Celebrity Silhouette in 2015 and my cruising world changed forever. I cannot wait to book my next Celebrity Cruise!

Same happened to me. My first Celebrity cruise was after cruising on Hal, Carnival, Disney, and Princess.... After that, Celebrity is my preferred line.

The smoke free environment is another Huge plus for me.

Same happened to me. My first Celebrity cruise was after cruising on Hal, Carnival, Disney, and Princess.... After that, Celebrity is my preferred line.

The smoke free environment is another Huge plus for me.

Yes! The Smoke free ship was a huge plus for me!

Sailed on both many times.

One is the "fun ship" and they want to make sure that you are having fun and constantly being entertained. More of a party club atmosphere and decorated accordingly. Decor is like a outlet mall, fast food restaurant or food court.

The other is "modern luxury". Haven't figured that term out but the cruise is more laid back and a little more elegant. Decor is more of a higher end hotel, restaurant or upscale mall.

If you are a smoker you may not like the limited smoking policy on X.

The passengers aren't much different if you compare the same itinaries and time of year. Walking in the same port and down the piers you can't tell what ship they are on.

Had great times on both but lately we have gravitated more toward X and mostly because of their smoking policy, but still look at the other lines for the what we feel would be the best value, not necessarily the best price.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

We like them both but for different experiences. We usually sail Celebrity (about 10 cruises with them) but for the right price I'd jump on another carnival ship. Last one was a Sky cabin on the Breeze and honestly it was great. Their spa beats Celebrity hands down.

You are sailing on one of the smaller older Celebrity ships but they keep them in great shape. Not as much to do on Celebrity but like you, we just like to enjoy the sea and the balcony.

The food is good but so was Carnival. The one thing is Celebrity is much more laid back. Probably a little more elegant.

And I disagree, the clientele is not better caliber. People might be different but that doesn't make them better. There are plenty of rude, obnoxious people on Celebrity, just usually older. Actually when you get to a week or longer cruise off season both lines are pretty tame.

Enjoy BOTH cruises, they will both be fun but in different ways.

After seeing the overall behavior of pax in Costa Maya that came off Carnival, sorry, but I'll stick to my opinion!