Oddball question

Hello,

We never dine in the MDR but go to specialty restaurants each evening, my oddball question is, the night of Lobster night, is it possible that I request when making the reservation or when I arrive at the restaurant, if I can ask for a lobster from the MDR?

Hello,

We never dine in the MDR but go to specialty restaurants each evening, my oddball question is, the night of Lobster night, is it possible that I request when making the reservation or when I arrive at the restaurant, if I can ask for a lobster from the MDR?

They can make it happen, just ask. They are there to make you happy.

I have the lobster tails in addition to my entre from the specialty restaurant.

In the main lining room, when RCI has lobster tails they also have prime rib(or steak) on the menue. I always order the prime rib (or steak) with 2 lobster tails. An excellent meal, and as good as you can get from one on the speciality restaurants (and at no extra cost). I go the specialty restaurants when I do not want what is on the main dining room menue.

In the main lining room, when RCI has lobster tails they also have prime rib(or steak) on the menue. I always order the prime rib (or steak) with 2 lobster tails. An excellent meal, and as good as you can get from one on the speciality restaurants (and at no extra cost). I go the specialty restaurants when I do not want what is on the main dining room menue.

For several reasons we choose to dine in specialty restaurants or the WJ and have only been to the MDR once in our last 4 cruises. It's great that there are choices on board to suit everyone's taste.

Everyone seems to make such a big deal about the lobster. Generally these are warm water lobster tails - little, rubbery tails that are really not very good. This is not a lobster tail that you'd get in a fine steakhouse at home.

Sascol, although I do agree with what you saying and I do know wonderful lobster such as when we take our three week yearly trip every year to Aruba in July/August and when we are up in the northeast such as in Boston we get the finest of lobsters, I still want to have something different when I am on a cruise, and one dish being lobster. I don't care if its not the best, its still lobster...put it with a specialty restaurant steak and it works for me. :D

Hello,

I'm an oddball, so I can answer the question, but its already been answered, so I'm moving on ;)

I do know wonderful lobster such as when we take our three week yearly trip every year to Aruba in July/August and when we are up in the northeast such as in Boston we get the finest of lobsters

Mmmmmm, Boston/Maine lobster is the best.

Everyone seems to make such a big deal about the lobster. Generally these are warm water lobster tails - little, rubbery tails that are really not very good. This is not a lobster tail that you'd get in a fine steakhouse at home.

While it may not be the greatest lobster, those of us landlocked in the midwest that don't like paying high costs don't get lobster that often. Even mediocre lobster is good to me. I like Live maine lobster, but don't get many chances to eat it.

Mmmmmm, Boston/Maine lobster is the best.

100% agree. Going up to Maine this weekend and looking forward to the real thing. We were up in Harpswell, Maine this past June, and the local restaurant has a lobster special going on ( two one and one half pound lobsters for $15.99). They were caught that morning, and were totally outstanding.

It looks like your on Oasis. Not sure what night but they serve split lobster tails in Windjammer one night. We had late dinning and my son had several plates of tails in Windjammer at 5:30, went back at 7:30 and then had several tails and prime rib in late seating MDR. happy cruising FYI. he is 30, 6ft 2, weighs 225 and eats like a horse.. He always has 2 or 3 entries in MDR each night.

Yes we will be on the Oasis western sailing, curious now which evening the lobster tails be in the MDR and the Windjammer, I would assume it be on the same night.

Last report I saw said night 5 on the Western itinerary.

Believe it or not there are people that never go to a fine steakhouse at home. They save for a great vacation and only then enjoy steak and lobster.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums